Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Anyone know how to make it so you can get bit and become a vampire perchance? I was told by the wonderful creator you have to follow/pursue the Steel Aeronaut when she leaves the country, however what level for psyche does the mc need to be at? And where do I need to follow her to? :slight_smile: and how much money do I need for that by the way?

1 Like

Well I I didn’t play the game in a while but I remember the I always followed her to the more expensive trip but you have to take the option where you travel for free and get into the danger. and sorry but I almost every time focused on psyche so you should just focus on it a bit or full.

1 Like

Pardon? I know have to follow her, but when? Is it right after the meeting where you turn in the presentation, or at a different time? As for psyche, what level do I need, because I like to try and bump up my stats as evenly as possible so they are all as maxxed as possible.

1 Like

After the attack on the golf transporter you get the option to follow right? So when you choose to follow her to the Mongolia jast accept the way to get the ticket free. And I just played again to the point and could say about 40 psyche

1 Like

Golf transporter? Or do you mean gold transporter? Because I don’t recall a golf transporter during my playthrough confused look.

1 Like

I love my auto correction.
And no golf transporter but I would like to know what a golf transporter would be transporting

1 Like

So it’s the gold shipment then, wasn’t certain. So the mc follows her after the gold transfer then? Right after making the robbery when the option comes up? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You choose something like “It’s my Duty to bring her to justice” then follow her to the Mongolia quit your job or take a vacation if possible and accept the free ticket where you stop in another country.

1 Like

Lol except I go with the villain route lol, because that’s how I roll lol.

1 Like

You can still become a vamp but make sure that you dont pay for the ticket

1 Like

Anyone know how to get the vampire lord achievement?

1 Like

Hi, read the previous few posts, there is a detailed explanation in them.

3 Likes

Please make a sequel! :grin:
I totally love this story. This is definately my favourite book from choice of games. Keep it up!

1 Like

he will make a sequel to the first game but it will take him to finish it 1.5 years

1 Like

@adrao can you add the possibility of possessing all the powers and ability in the same character specifically in the protagonist?
to make a totally invincible character
for example having an armored skin and a force field in the same body and have the option to choose which one to use in x situation

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s not really possible to do this, given the way the game has been coded… :frowning:

I could try to add more options for stronger armours, but I feel that some people might then complain the game is just too easy?

1 Like

thanks anyway

1 Like

So, today I finally got some respite from my daytime job, and managed to work on my next update (v.1.2.) of Hero or Villain: Genesis. My plan is to introduce one new side mission regarding the Enhanced Human Genome Institute (EHGI), possibly a second one that follows on the first if time allows (I want to finish this by the end of the week, so that I can work on something else next week. I will also polish the game with all bug reports I have had (here or in private threads). This will all be completely free (I am really happy that this game seems to be doing really well, so I would like to improve it for those that keep on playing it! :slight_smile: )

Anyway, this would also be the time to let me know if you want any small changes to be made to the game. Particularly welcome are:

-suggestions of what you would like to say or do in certain parts of the game (like, I’d like to tell the Steel Aeronaut to “Eat shit”, or whatever)

-instances were you feel in a certain situation you should be able to use one of your powers, but the option isn’t given

-any small changes to the storyline that can be made without much effort (and please understand that some changes might appear simple, yet be difficult to implement given the complexity of the story…)

4 Likes

This relates to a question of mine: do purchased armor and powers like say, force fields, stack? Like I have a character who has a strong force field for -30 damage resistance, and then I purchase a light Kevlar suit for -10, does the character now have -40 damage resistance?

1 Like

Awesome. Looking forward to the update, especially the new side mission.

Suggestions of things to say to Steel Aeronaut: Heroic: “You’re pretty arrogant aren’t you?” “Your intellect is matched by your arrogance, Aeronaut!” “What makes you think you can take whatever you want?” “You won’t run away this time.”

Techy: “Ohh, is that steel-tungsten alloy or titanium?” “How did you make thrusters that small and that powerful?” “Care to compare notes?”

Romantic: “You brilliant, beautiful, formidable firebrand of a woman!” “I like a lady with ambition.”

Power use: Any chance that Telekinesis could be used defensively, such as to grab a shield object or to throw off an attacker’s aim to a degree?

Small suggested changes: During the romantic scene where Captain Jade Villardi comes back to the PC’s apartment, perhaps use both her full name and title in the description? Sounds more intimate that way, in my opinion.

After beating Mr. Watson, a scene where the PC gets Tidal Bore out of her chains/medical attention?

Anyway, thanks for the update, and these are only suggestions. Do whatever seems best to you.

3 Likes