Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

I’m sure you can do it. The key thing is always to do incremental work, stay small and gradually expand. The other thing is to try to listen to people… I know my work is only as good as my ability to process feedback from readers! :slight_smile:

Regards my work… Ok, here is an update: haven’t started book 3 yet (in my mind this will be after Christmas, after probably another update to both book 1 and two of hero or Villain… But I’ll probably take 1-2 weeks break from that, after this last update… Though I have been also upgrading some stuff in genesis already for the next update).

Currently I’m taking a break from “heavy” writing. Instead, I’ve started a new WIP, a rogue-like semi-random dungeon crawler. Not yet ready to share that, though I might start to playtest with only 2-3 people in next couple of weeks (anybody reading this who fancies a first go at it shoot me a private message). Aside from this there is another fantasy game WIP, currently stalled, reusing the engine of Tokyo Wizard… 50% written, but stalled given my “break” from heavy writing. And, my new project is a 3D unity based game with tons of dialogue, describing the SA offworld adventures. Kind of done with with 1st level, but now stuck trying to sort out on C# how to do the dialogue system…

5 Likes

Henlo. I have a question regarding aeronaut. Does the gender change depending on the MC? I’ve played as male in three play throughs and steel aeronaut was consistently a female. I’ve seen people referring to the character as male sometimes so I was wondering if the gender is set to the opposite of MC.

1 Like

The SA is always a female. I am not sure who has referred to her as male… some other characters do change. For example, your fellow worker depends on the type of job you do (though the boss stays the same). The gender of the vampire lord/lady does depend on the options taken by the player (regarding who they find attractive, I think). So maybe some of the confusion is because of these other characters?

Hey in hero or villain battle Royale do we gain any benefit for researching alien technology like are we capable of building advanced alien weapons.

2 Likes

Mostly it is only for those with inventor powers. However, there is also the use of the Medipack. at the end of the game, if you have high first aid, a medipack, and some knowledge of alien tech (I think higher than 10 or 20) you can save Mastha, this was a new change in the new update to Battle Royale a few weeks ago

1 Like

Ok what can those with inventor powers do with the alien tech research

1 Like

About that. I have a problem in maximizing my first aid in genesis, despite taking every option with first aid in it. Village first aid, school first aid, medicine books, procrastinating on medicine, forsaking work for medicine learning, double amount learning, and I still have 88 first aid. What did I miss?

3 Likes

Seriously, could someone list every option enhancing First Aid in Genesis?
Please.
Pretty please :pray:

1 Like

well the way the first aid increases is that the higher your first aid is the less the increase is and it’s like percentage based garbage so you will probably never be able to get 100 first aid unless you mod the game.

1 Like

Miscellaneous powers has an option to double speed of learning so if you pick this and choose to study first aid it will increase more. I don’t know if all have that skill but inventor definitely does

2 Likes

To get achievement for mastering First Aid you need 95%.
Thats why I’m asking

1 Like

Nah you only need more than 90. So yeah, uh try doing village first aid, school first aid, just studying first aid even in work and with free time (put all your focus into slacking off and study first aid don’t just half ass it and do a little of both), have double learning, and then probably be evil and work with SA by following SA via plane which gives you more chances for a small increase in first aid and if you manage to team up with SA you get a chance to study first aid which gives a big bonus. The main point of going this path is because studying in the lair gives a fat +30% twice to your first aid. And If that doesn’t work too bad because I can’t think of anything else or if you got 88% from doing all that including the SA stuff I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s possible to go above that.

2 Likes

Like most Choice of/Hosted games it uses the fair math function, so if every time you study first aid you expect it to go up by say 20%, if you start at 0 this would translate to your first aid skill now being at 20, but next time you study first aid(+20%) it will go up by 20% of 80(aka 16 only) instead of 100 since it calculates your gains based on how much you have left to learn.

So in your example, if your first aid is at 90 and you study first aid(+20%) your skill will only go up by 2. this is because there is only 10 points left to gain in the skill and 20% of 10 = 2.

DISCLAIMER: the % values of your gains change based on the type of activity & if you have double learning power, i was just using 20% as an example to explain. I don’t know the actual values.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, crazy week at work… which has also meant 0 progress on any of my WIPs or in my planned updates to this or other games :frowning:

Despite writing this book, I am myself not sure how to do this (you might find this odd… but I don’t actually know how to play my own games optimally… I create systems, and then let the reader enjoy the game withing such systems… I playtest myself, but the games are so vast it is impossible to check everything). Regarding the “Doctor” achievement, some points:

-You need to have a score of >90 (just checked now).

-9.3 % of player on steam got this for Genesis: Steam Community :: Hero or Villain: Genesis :: Achievements

-2.2% of players on Steam got this for Battle Royale.

-I am not necessarily sure it is possible to achieve this in all difficulty levels…

-I am going to guess that getting the double learning allows you to achieve this fairly easily (as it does double the fairmath…). But, I haven’t tested it myself… can you check to see if it works?

3 Likes

Even with the double learning it becomes really difficult in the last stretch to achieve 90+ by nature of how fair math is done but yeah it’s prety doable :slight_smile:

Without double learning though I think it’s only available if you always choose to study first aid on all the major boosts(when the game asks you questions about what you do + hobbies at the start) & if you Go to mongolia and ally with Agamya since it lets you practice one skill that will get you a major boost in since apparently you’re there for a while

2 Likes

I have already said this more than the 10 hours ago just in a more chaotic way.

2 Likes

oh my god you’re right I’m so sorry :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: (I clearly need to get better at reading hahah)

1 Like

Well. I tried, and without SA (since I’m doing paladin/vigilante now) I couldn’t do it even with double learning. That’s why math from games like „Lost Heir trilogy” is better for players.
Well. Guess that villain will achieve medicine.
Btw.: I decided to do few characters on rid. easy, to enjoy the game, and gather non-difficulty achievements

1 Like

Can someone tell me why we a messing with people feelings, I didn’t even get a guilty conscience or a sign that I cheated on my girlfriend on earth with someone else from space and also why I am challenging an alien god for control of my planet lol. Your story is mad, awesome, spectacular and this is to the author u are no different from what your books and fans say about u pls keep on doing what u are doing:)

1 Like

Ok. I finally found it.
If you are rpg character builder like me, use this:

1 Like