Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

I have 97% relation with John and I chose to kiss the nerd boy during the preference choice but I never got the option to call him. Same witg Fred

1 Like

Hey I encountered a few bugs in character creation. I can’t seem to choose both become a shadow/invisible and engulf in shadow (stun). Choosing engulf works, but if I choose either become invisible or shadow it seems to turn the engulf into invisibility. So choosing engulf gives “Shadow”. If I then choose invisibility I then have “Invisibility” and “Invisibility”. If engulf “Shadow” then turn into shadow I get “turn into shadow” and “Invisibility”. Other powers I tested haven’t had issues with engulf.

2 Likes

Is there any way to romance your rival? It makes little sense the way it’s in the book. On Tuesday you can take them to the party but since your relationship is low and there doesn’t seem to be a way to increase it, you can’t go with them. On Wednesday it’s their birthday and you can increase the relationship. Any thoughts? I’ve tried so many times it’s starting to really annoy me.

1 Like

About the time when we get a info to get to SA, with the Black market or Port something, could we add It as a way to get resourse? (If we do the thing of you’re mine now). I mean it’s look like a great way to get cheap but limited resourses.

1 Like

With over 1000 replies its hard to read them all, so can someone please tell me is there option to somehow let steel aeronaut break into bank vault?

1 Like

Would it be possible for those who choose either water, fire, light powers(arguably earth too but it has a decent variety) to get more miscellaneous abilities(like increased marksmanship, fighting, flying/teleportation) or even attribute boosting selections, they seem to be lagging behind the others in terms of customizability/roleplaying given they’re reduced capabilities(in my opinion, i measure it by selectability & how many points are left over after selecting everything on ridiculously easy mode) in comparison to others :slight_smile:

thanks for taking the time to read this & am a great fan of your work!

5 Likes

Is “Mega Puma”, one of the preset name choices, a reference to Mega Cat from Community College Hero?

2 Likes

Love this game and played through several times. One thing I can’t figure out: do the “focus energy” into melee or ranged powers still give the 20 damage boost when you get a new weapon?

1 Like

yup, the boost is applied/calculated every time you use a weapon

1 Like

Sorry about all the late replies. After the last update to the game I took a bit of time off the forums and writing (needed to recharge batteries). Anyway, I am back, and hopefully will try to get some of these bugs and other stuff patched on various games this week and next!

@monroe_mcadoo mmmmmm… I still don’t know about this. It might be a technical bug, can you please submit a bug report to CoG? (I was looking around in the forums, but I am still confused as to what a 403 bug is…)

@wei_wei_zhang what do you mean by “defence abilities”? And yes, normally defence abilities should stack with armor and kevlar… (are there any instances where you feel this is not happening?)

@Adam_Guevara I think that might have been a bug that I have hopefully corrected (and should be fine in the next update of the game…)

@Gabriella_Cendoroglo thanks, hopefully this will be corrected in the next update! (found and sorted the bug)

@kris_g it is theoretically possible, though it could be that there is a bug (which I think I have sorted) that prevents this from happening. Let me know if you are still not able to do so after the next update.

@Pedro_Aires, sorry, I am not too sure I understand. What recources do you mean? (and what do you mean about “you’re mine now”?

@Darthsoup well, there is the option of not attacking the SA… but the police are not very far away…

@YuleKitten… what kind of abilities could justify these? Basically, I tended to think that something like water powers would not make somebody fly… also, what kind of ability in these powers could increase your marksmanship, fighting, etc?

@TrexM actually it was not… I seem to recall that I used a superhero name generator to come up with some of those names, though I was playing around with it for a while… and I guess I’ve read CCH, so that might have subconsciously influenced my decision?

@Huckleberry_Palmer yes, it should stack, as @YuleKitten said… did you find any instances where it doesn’t appear to?

2 Likes

I believe it was an error of the hosted app not realizing I had the purchase. Standalone app of the game worked no problem.

1 Like

:frowning: So we don’t have to attack SA, but we can’t help her or rob the vault :frowning:

1 Like

The game was just updated to v.1.3.3.

v1.3.3 Changes (353,000 words)

-Romance option bugs corrected.

-Small bugfixes and typos corrected throughout game.

2 Likes

@monroe_mcadoo are you still having a problem after this new update?

@Darthsoup If you really insist in not attacking the SA, then you will eventually get a +20% relationship bonus. However, the SWAT team are basically just behind you, so she will basically fail on that attempt to rob the bank. This is, unfortunately, necessary to keep coherence in the story. If she were to succeed in that attempt, then the entire story would change, as she would have no need to later attack the convoy… or… would she? Mmmmmmm… actually, what you just said has made me think a bit… I might make some changes to the story here… lets see if I get time later today…

1 Like

Hello i encountered a bug while playing hero or villain genesis (first one):i could only invent two things which is the wall climbing system and the flying system despite my intelligence stats and engineering stats being super high.(my intelligence stats was 95% and my engineering stats was 81%)I had also chosen my power to be mind power.Is it a bug or just because i am missing something?

1 Like

No problems have appeared yet. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Hosted app, so that might have fixed the issues.

1 Like

@Maxston_Leong there should be other things for you to do, such as improving your costume to give you greater armour (but, only if you had an armour strength of less than 10, I guess you might have a force field, so maybe you cannot select that… though I did find a minuscule bug I corrected there). You can also invent different types of arrows, if you have a bow (which maybe you didn’t have, I guess). Most of the other stuff is locked for an “inventor” type… though, if you have any suggestions of something you would like to invent let me know, and I can try to include them.

@adrao is this the Hero or Villain: Battle Royale forum?

1 Like

@Judarkus, sorry, I didn’t quite get your comment… there are two threads for the game, one for Genesis and one for Battle Royale. I am about to start going through the Battle Royale thread now, and start answering comments made there (after a looooong break…)

1 Like

I’ve just been unable to find the thread to the sequel

Nevermind I found it

1 Like