Hero or Villain: Battle Royale (Released 16th Sept!)

Not sure wether it’s an issue with the game or dashingdon but for some reason i can’t access the show stats menu anymore.
Also the save slots now say’s “Error: Bad Slot - Has smPlugin been included?”
EDIT: Just checked on another WIP and it’s show stats worked so i think it’s an issue with the game.
@adrao

1 Like

To be honest, I am not sure myself. Dashingdon seems to be working incredibly slowly. Yesterday it took me one hour to upload files and do some other random things that would have normally taken me 5 min. I think maybe many people at home means internet is slower than normal… and many people playing games on dashingdon further compounds the problem?

I am now trying again to upload files, but it’s taking me 10 min to do something I should’ve been able to do in less than one, getting multiple error pages, etc… Anyway, the new upload takes care of the save bug (so now that should work)

I am not sure what is wrong with the stats menu. It wasn’t working either for me 10 min ago, but now it magically works (in all the games I have up there). I think basically this is an internet connection issue?

2 Likes

Sorry, but the cyborg ending is a “bad ending”, so I cannot really add this possibility. However, in this game you will sort of be able to half (or even fully?) turn into a cyborg. So, hopefully that will go some way to addressing the comment? (you have tried already to implant the various cybernetic parts?)

2 Likes

@adrao
Yeh i had noticed dashingdon being particularly slow to the point where it wont load past choosing difficulty. Hopefully dashingdon will sort out whatever the problem is.

Due to the slowness of dashingdon i havn’t been able to figure out whether this is already in the game or not so sorry if i sugest something thats already there.

Anyway heres the sugestion as an inventor we could maybe make our own cybernetics rather then buying them, their safety (or lacktherof) could be dependent on you intellect. How powerful a cybernetic it’s possible to build could also depend on intellect.

It could still cost money for parts but perhaps less then going to the clinic or you could search for parts like in the previous game but it could be detrimental to the safety of the cybernetic.

1 Like

Hi I’m new and I don’t know how to make a new post so I just replied one😃
I think when Joo and Kobb’ha fight and Lanista tells you to explain there should be an option to say it’s both’s fault. And is it too soon to ask if there will be a part 3?

2 Likes

I found how post without replying somebody!
And is there any way to defeat Flying Death without killing? If there isn’t I would like to have. And an special dialog option when Lanista tells AI systems are forbidden if you’re a AI engineer?

1 Like

@adrao
Sugestion for cybernetics, one which slows your perception of time, could increase agility, fighting or marksmanship, or maybe all of them but having a high cost.

As a way to offset it being possibly op due to it increasing too many stats, it could give you a temp debuff for the first fight after you get it, to represent getting used to a different perception of time, aswell as having a high humanity cost.

2 Likes

will be checking it out i will inform you if the wolf gods are please or not (mean i will do feedback)

okay the story actually doing good but it seems to slow down toward the end of the demo, guessing there might being going with a big bang some where, but that all i can tell.

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t replied to any of the previous posts, as I spent all weekend advancing the game. So, please bear with me and I will hopefully reply to everybody individually (though do note I have read all posts, and are turning the comments in my head to see how I can improve the game… :slight_smile: )

I am now nearing the point were I will open a second wave of beta testers for the full game, though I want to still improve some bits and pieces before that.

I also want an indication of which RO I should code next. So far Joo is fully coded (finished her this weekend), Raas will hopefully be finished today (after major progress yesterday).

Could you let me know which of the RO is your favourite so far? (this can help me guide how much time I spend on each of them…)

• Joo (Headshot)
  • Raas (The Voice)
  • Kobb’ha (Metal Gladiator)
  • Larisse (Silver Ghost)
  • Mastha (Silent Stalker)
  • Steel Aeronaut/Aggy
  • Other request? (please let me know in comments :slight_smile: )

0 voters

4 Likes

Found an infinite loop, first option always loops to same result

1 Like

Another little bug

1 Like

This is an open question to everyone but why does more people like our villainy friend Aggy rather than our playful humanoid cat Joo?

After I win the tournament, kill the Lanista (or subdue them enough to win back Earth) I am apprehending the Steel Aeronaut and having her pay for her crimes even if I have to bring her back in a broken body.

Hopefully I can still have enough time to overthrow the Elders and their galactic empire and start a my own. [As long as it is part of the story of course]

3 Likes

Question: what happened to the MC’s vampiric thrall during all of this.

1 Like

Another suggestion, it seems the only option whenever fighting a psych focused opponent is first using our own psych to defend ourselves.

With all other opponents we have the option to use our strengths to deal with them, but with psych focused opponents it always requires psych stat check.

Maybe add an option to hide so that they can’t attack MC’s mind, “can’t hack what you can’t see” (stealth).

Alternatively a “I’ll move too fast for them to pin my mind in place” (superspeed)

Even better “I’ll race so much garbage thoughts through my mind at a rate where I’ll overload anything that touches it” (also superspeed).

Also, "My mind is a muscle, and I’m going to flex it so hard (intelligence & strength).

“Can’t take control of something if it isn’t on” (REALLY LOW intelligence).

I really like the last one for two reasons 1.) The face I imagine the opponent has when they realize their attack was useless, because you’re literally too dumb for it to work, and 2.) It rewards you for being incredibly bad at something.

Anyways, those are just some thoughts I had, keep up the good work. :+1:

3 Likes

@domthestar I added this to my list of things to do in post #2. Today I was implementing the inventor side mission, but at this point it’s still not so different to the one in the previous game. More will be added to it! :slight_smile:

@Abcde It should be possible to defeat flying death without killing it. I even think the text is kind of vague about this. Or, should this be more explicit? I added an option about Joo and Kobb’ha, thanks! :slight_smile:

@G-Man I didn’t quite get what you meant with the second screenshot. Can you tell me?

@TheDrake what do you mean? (sorry, a bit confused here…)

@Dartknight ok, let me think about this, might do a bit of coding on this tomorrow :slight_smile: (too late now, but wanted to post this reply before going to bed…)

2 Likes

There’s two same options, “Go and ask Aggy for a dance”. One of them can’t selectable while other works just fine

1 Like

Shiroi Yuki

1 Like

Also, what about if you the other attribute you use to stop the attack -ig. Intelligence if you use logic- is very high (more than 60 or 70, I think), there is no permanent damage?

@Dartknight, great suggestion! Added the option of superspeed and the mind is a muscle… about the MC being too stupid, I think this doesn’t really help with the overall game mechanics? (normally in comics stupid characters can be taken over very easily… )

@G-Man thanks, corrected that bug!

@TheDrake… I guess that Shiroi Yuki broke free from you once you left the planet. She is now an independent vampire in Tokyo? If you go back you’d probably have to defeat her again and place her under your control…

@Abcde basically, unless you have high psyche you’ll suffer some damage. Originally I only had a psychic battle, but realised this was too severe for many characters. Hence why I introduced this possibility to somehow win, if your psyche was not so low…

3 Likes

Aiming for the Flying Death’s weak spot does not seem to do any damage to him even though I directly hit the weak spot multiple times. I ended up winning the fight from him collapsing from exhaustion.

When I ask Raas the question ‘What do you think of Kobb’ha?’ the first thing he says is ‘Why would (character’s name) think that?’ which I do not think makes sense.

When I choose the ‘Actually, I don’t want to train. I’ll see if I can go somewhere and study instead.’ option I do not see the option ever again later on. Is that intentional?

2 Likes