Hero or Villain: Battle Royale (polls on leaving the planet, #99)

Won-der-ful, I loved it! My greatest congrats to Adrao !

There’re so many options thus it’s difficult to pursuit several objectives.
I found the RO to be kind of lacking purposes, I’d say. Last time, I’ve romanced Joo, with an army-base destruction ending, and I was like “Ok, the RO didn’t bring anything” ^^

Anyway, I was wondering:

1. Is it possible to grab more than 1 stone ?

2. Is it possible to fight the Lanista at the end ? Because in the conversations options with my Ludus mates, it’s a recurrent option.

3. I tried several times to go for an ending like “Rule the planet” because it’s a MC’s ideal that came up twice I think (beginning + when watching the news I guess), but I bet it will only be possible in the 3rd book ?

4. As a vampire, is there more people to grab powers from than the aquatic fighter and (I’ve just learnt it now on the thread) possibly Joo ?

Thanks by advance !

@JenkoRun you need to have fighting >30, or (engineering >60) and ((alien_technology >0) or (psyche >40) or agility >30… basically there are different ways to help her…

@AMER1CANN1NJA09 you cannot make a vampire from scratch here… basically you need to import one from genesis…

@Heldron thanks! :slight_smile: Having many options, and making the reader prioritize is a game design choice. I am planning to continue to increase this in the future by adding more side missions… basically there should be a feeling of choice, of a world with many possibilities. Regarding the RO lacking purpose… this is indeed something I am aware of. As a writer the ROs are one of my weaknesses (many NPCs in general are often two-dimensionsional… I think I have improved in Battle Royale, but indeed the ROs serve no purpose in the entire story… well, maybe one or two do a little bit, but mostly it is just something you can do, and the story will not really change much… hopefully a bit more in the following game…)

Answering your questions:

1. You mean in the finale? I think the answer is no… though by now in the game you should have been able to grab several?

2. No, the option for that will be in part 3…

3. Yes, that will be part 3…

4. Joo doesn’t really have any special powers. She is fast, strong, etc, but nothing else… so nothing really there to grab from several of the fighters…

1 Like

Wow that was quick, thank you :smiley:

1. I meant in the entire book two (my maximum is 3 in book one and 1 in book two)

Ok for the rest, so we can only steal powers from Splash Tornado then :+1:

1. Whenever I go with the objective of escaping the planet, at some point Aggy tells me to meet her after her fight so we can move to the other planet but this possibility doesn’t appear. Is this normal ?

That happened to me, as well. It appears to be either a missing variable, or an oversight.

1 Like

I just wanted to add, both of these stories (genesis and battle royale) have been some personal favourotes of mine. I do keep continuously coming back to them for about a year now. They’re flawed, for sure, but I enjoy the stories and sheer customization available that theyre easily overlookable. I CANNOT wait for the third book to come out and any more updates that come out that add more customizations as well. Also the option to become a vampire in the firstbook has become A MUST for all my characters. I usually always make my characters very powerful psychics who just wave their hand and melt the opponents brain (yet if people get too close they can still yeet them like a tissue :shushing_face:)

1 Like

Hey I have one question, why can’t we order many implants at once? I mean, with a high enough endurance, we should be able to get 2-3 implants at once

How many surgeries can a super athlete get done at once in the real world …

Maybe that and gameplay balance were his motivation, I can’t say for sure, but that is why I accepted it so easily.

1 Like

Irl it depends on a lot of things, like how delicate is the surgery, how stable is the patient, and so on, but if everything is stable, and the person has many problem at the same place, they usually try to solve thing in one surgery instead of doing multiple to facilitate the recuperation.

But if it’s purely for game balance, i can accept too, but can we at least get a “menu” without traveling there and wasting a time slot? I took a SS, so i could see the price without going, but the first time, it was really annoying u.u

Ps: if i may suggest, i would like a mixed enchantment for Psy and Int (+5 and + 10), it can be called neural master, raising the neurons efficiency, or blocking it, when attacked
or the possibility of doing both upgrades in a separated way, atm, we can only do one, since one is a neural booster and the other is a neural inhibitor, we can’t do both.

1 Like

Soooo, i saved another game, and i noticed my money didn’t got converted to DECs like it used to, and i agree that makes sense, but i would like to have a chance to exchange my money for resources points, it can be by the end of genesis or the start of battle royale, i tried to exchange in the last possible chance, but i still made like 4k up to the end… So yeah, please?

With the amount of powers and storyline from both games, Is it possible to become a God in the 3rd book considering you can drain two people with powers (One of them is powerful with ice powers and can be your vampire servant) in 1st book and the several aliens (You can find them at the space bar and can drain them, there is also two fighters, one of them you can turn into a vampire servant) as a vampire. If possible, can you implement the mechanic and storyline to your 3rd book as a side mission or one of the storylines? I think a superhero or supervillain with god-like powers is ultimately powerful. If not, I still need that mechanic and storyline implemented. This might be a lot of work implementing that, are you up to the challenge. I’d love to test your 3rd book.

Yeah, if we do it right, and counting implants, we can get 2 basic stats 90+ and all the others 50+, good marksmanship, fighting and first aid (70+), I’m not even counting the attack, defense and Regen that we get

Ps: all of it in the normal run, with 300 points

Thanks but I’m also asking Adriao and I’m talking about actual god-like power. Where you can control entities with powerful willpower, take hits without a scratch, control space-time, terraform planets, even create entitles out of pure energy (Sounds more like magic than superpowers) But you still get my point.

1 Like

Bug spotted. Early in the first chapter,

I try to take control of the Lanista’s mind.

I don’t have mind control powers, I have emotional control.

Also, in the fights, telepathic confusion doesn’t seem to be an available option. Can you make sure the appropriate variables are set?

Another bug discovered (this may also be true for Genesis, haven’t checked). When my endurance increases mid-game (cyberlungs and bone serum), my slow regeneration is still regenerating at the appropriate speed for END 14, not END 39. Given my new HP, that’s really slow!

A suggestion as well: Betting against yourself and losing should increase your Vigilante score. Whether or not you care about the tournament, that’s taking a dive for money.

Bug in the romance script pre-reception:

*selectable_if ((relationship_silver_ghost +cautious) >130) #Ask Mastha to be my partner.

Um…what does my relationship with Larisse have to do with Mastha? She’s the Silent Stalker!

1 Like

Please make it possible to save aggy at the end, or at least hint at something else. It’s so unfulfilling going through the story multiple times over and pretty much waisting hours just replaying the exact same situations and answers to get to the end and not get any different scenario.
Also could you plz add a save button so we can get to the scene we want without having to replay the entire story.

Apart from that, I think rest of the story is amazing and you did an awesome job on it.

1 Like

@adrao has made it clear, the Aggy had to die for story reasons. He has also hinted there may still be more to discovered in the third book.

Hi… sorry I havent replied in this thread for a while (just, overwhelmed with work and my daytime job, plus trying to take a break during holidays. As @2xs said, there are story reasons for this… if you want a hint at what might be happening, try playing a telepath and reading her mind… there are some other powers -being a vampire, etc- that might also give certain hints, under some choices… :slight_smile:

She is a scripted death

@Patrick_Cody02 indeed! (I did reverse some of the other “scripted deaths” in the game following the first release, but this one I think I ought to keep).

Otherwise, just got the final version of the cover for “Hero or Villain: Armaggeddon” from @Feather, who does all the covers for my game. Personally I love it, and it really tells very well some of what this final game might be about (depending on your choices and which planet you go to).

8 Likes

I still have a question left unanswered, is it possible to become gods in the final book?

1 Like