Help with Multiple Lives/Redoing Choices (go sub?)

What I want to do is create a system where once you die, you are sent back to your last choice, but with slightly boosted stats that increase each time you die. Depending on whether you choose easy or realistic, you get 2 or 3 lives. I figured out how to send the reader back to start, but that could be immensely frustrating, especially if you die late game. How could I adapt the code below to fix that to where it sends you back to the point where you die?

death
*set counter 0

You have died. The world will never be unified, as you, ${name}, the Champion, have failed.

*if realistic
	*set death + 1
	*if (death = 1)
		But wait...
		*page_break
		This is not how the story goes...
		*page_break
		"${name}... ${name}... This is not how your story ends. You must unite this realm. I give you the gift of life and strength... do not squander it."
		*set Leadership 5
		*set Strength 5
		*set Intelligence 5
		*set Wisdom 5
		*goto_scene chapteronerealistic
	*if (death = 2)
		But wait...
		*page_break
		*page_break
		"${name}... My power is obsolete now. I have nothing left to give. I gave you every last drop of my godhood, but you failed. The Realm of Steel... my beautiful... beautiful world... corrupted."

"You could have saved the world... restored the light. You SHOULD have saved the world and restored the light. But you did not. You were my prize servant in the mortal realm. Clearly I chose wrong. I will see you in Oblivion, ${name}, child of failure,"
		*goto_scene ending

*if easy 
	*set death + 1
	*if (death = 1)
		But wait...
		*page_break
		*page_break
		"${name}... ${name}... This is not how your story ends. You must unite this realm. I give you the gift of life and strength... do not squander it."
		*set Leadership 5
		*set Strength 5
		*set Intelligence 5
		*set Wisdom 5
		*goto_scene chapteroneeasy
	*if (death = 2)
		White encompasses you...
		*page_break
		"${name}. My power weakens. This is the last time I can save you. I give unto you the remainder of my strength. It is not much... but if you fail again..."
		*set Leadership 10
		*set Strength 10
		*set Intelligence 10
		*set Wisdom 10
		*goto_scene chapteroneeasy
	*if (death = 3)
		White encompasses you...
		*page_break
		"${name}... My power is obsolete now. I have nothing left to give. I gave you every last drop of my godhood, but you failed. The Realm of Steel... my beautiful... beautiful world... corrupted."

"You could have saved the world... restored the light. You SHOULD have saved the world and restored the light. But you did not. You were my prize servant in the mortal realm. Clearly I chose wrong. I will see you in Oblivion, ${name}, child of failure,"
		*goto_scene ending
part of chapter one
*label agenda
*line_break
Well, you still have the whole day ahead of you! What would you like to do?
*if (death = 0) 
	*set counter 0
	*choice
		*hide_reuse #Go to the library and catch up on your history
			*set counter + 1
			*goto library
		*hide_reuse #See if you can sneak into the tavern
			*set counter + 1
			*goto tavern
		*hide_reuse #Go to the training yard
			*set counter + 1
			*goto trainingyard
		*hide_reuse #Go to the annual debate
			*set counter + 1
			*goto debate
		*hide_reuse #Go looking for Virginia
			*set counter + 1
			*goto meadow
		*if (counter = 5) #You're all done for today
				You're exhausted. You walk home well after dark, knowing your father will be upset. As you walk up the hill, slowly your eyes grow heavier and heavier. You drudge over to a gnarled tree trunk and sit down beside it. Maybe you'll just take a short rest... you'll only close your eyes for a few sec...
				*goto lastday
*if (death = 1) 
	*set counter 0
	*choice
			*set counter + 1
			*goto library
			*set counter + 1
			*goto tavern
			*set counter + 1
			*goto trainingyard
			*set counter + 1
			*goto debate
			*set counter + 1
			*goto meadow
				You're exhausted. You walk home well after dark, knowing your father will be upset. As you walk up the hill, slowly your eyes grow heavier and heavier. You drudge over to a gnarled tree trunk and sit down beside it. Maybe you'll just take a short rest... you'll only close your eyes for a few sec...
				*goto lastday
*if (death = 2)
	*set counter 0 
	*choice
			*set counter + 1
			*goto library
			*set counter + 1
			*goto tavern
			*set counter + 1
			*goto trainingyard
			*set counter + 1
			*goto debate
			*set counter + 1
			*goto meadow
				*goto lastday

*if (death = 3) 
	*choice
			*set counter + 1
			*goto library
			*set counter + 1
			*goto tavern
			*set counter + 1
			*goto trainingyard
			*set counter + 1
			*goto debate
			*set counter + 1
			*goto meadow
				*goto lastday

*label library
You walk to the village library. It is a small, dilapidated building, that no one has ever bothered to maintain, aside from the librarian, Lady Strome, of course. 
*line_break
As you walk into the library, you hear voices coming from the back. Walking towards the sound, you pause behind a bookshelf and come across the elderly Lady Strome animatedly talking to a group of very young children. Noticing your arrival, Lady Strome exclaims, "Ah, young ${master} ${name}. What a pleasant surprise! I am giving the children a lesson about our history, would you care to join us?"
*choice
	#"I'd love to!"
		"Wonderful! I've only just begun, so listen closely... Over ten thousand years ago, a powerful wizard named Alatala was shipwrecked here. He wasn't quite man or beast...he was something else altogether. He was in search of The Great Well, the supposed origin of all magic!" At this, the children begin talking excitedly amongst each other. One brave child stands and declares: "My mom says magic isn't real, that it's really all just tricks." He then folds his arms over his well-worn smock and kicks his bare feet against wooden floor. 
		*line_break
		"Oh no, magic is very real," Lady Strome corrects. You see, as the years passed, Alatala grew lonely. Conjuring the powers of life and death, Alatala began to make new and exotic creatures. From his magic, dragons and fairies and all other manner of creatures were born, but he could never figure out how to design a creature that could truly think for itself. Then, he had an idea." 
		*line_break
		"First, he took wet mud and molded it into the shape he wanted. Next, he conjured a ball of pure white fire and placed it into the center of the mud, giving the creature powerful emotions. He then took water from the clearest stream and poured it into the head, giving the creature ideas and thoughts, forming curiosity. Finally, Alatala breathed into the creature's mouth, giving it life. That was the first human."
		*page_break
		"As time passed and more humans were created, Alatala found himself growing weaker. He realized that each human carried within them a piece of his life force. Some had more than others and could manifest Alatala's power in strange magical ways. For nine millennia our land was at peace. But then everything changed."
		*line_break
		"About one thousand years ago, something ancient awoke. Something primitive. Vengeful. This entity began to whisper in the minds of men, making them greedy and wicked. One man became so corrupted, he was entirely possessed by the entity. He became the first Nightbrother."
		*page_break
		"To curb his growing influence, Alatala transported himself into the spiritual realm so he could live and guide humanity forever. As his tools in the temporal world, The Order of Steel was formed. These gallant knights swore to eradicate the evil from the land, starting The First Calamity."
		*line_break
		"There have been eight Great Calamities to date, each more terrible than the first. The last one saw The Order of Steel nearly exterminated. They have not been heard from in years, leaving many to think they have died out."
		*line_break
		"Our land never did have a name, but with the onset of widespread warfare and feudalism, this continent became known as The Realm of Steel," Lady Strome finishes with a sad shake of her head. By this point, two of the children are asleep and the rest look completely lost. 
		*line_break
		"Is there anything else you'd like to know?" Lady Strome says warmly.
		*set intelligence %+ 10
		*label questions
		*choice
			#"I should go..."
				"Ah okay. It was a pleasure seeing you again ${name}. Please come visit again when you have the time," Lady Strome says with a grandmotherly smile. 
				*goto agenda
	#"Maybe some other time..."
		With a grandmotherly smile, Lady Strome whispers conspiratorially, "I just received a one of a kind book from a friend who lives very far away. I haven't read it quite yet, but supposedly you make choices that impact the story you read! There are over twenty different endings! Isn't that exciting? Please come back to visit and I'll share it with you!" With a small wave and a word of thanks, you leave the library.
		*goto agenda

*label trainingyard
You can't go wrong with more training! As you walk into the training yard, you see several people who might be willing to help you. 

Who do you approach?
*choice
	#The village garrison leader
		At the sight of your approach, the garrison leader yells, "At ease, men! ${name}, it's good to see you again. I heard tomorrow is your sixteenth birthday! Are you ready to be a ${man}?" When you hesitate, the man laughs. "That's quite alright. Let me show you the finer points of being a leader..."
		*line_break
		[i]You spend several hours practicing yelling at people.[/i]
		*set Leadership %+ 12
		*goto agenda
	#A renowned fighter
		The warrior turns towards you, muscles bulging and sweat dripping from every part of him. "$!{name}, want to get strong? Hah! Okay. I'll help you."
		*line_break
		[i]You spend the next several hours doing push-ups, burpees, and squats.[/i]
		*set Strength %+ 12
		*goto agenda
	#A man standing in the shadows
		The man watches you as you walk over. Under closer inspection, you see he has pale yellow eyes, a curved mustache obscuring the lower half of his face. "You come to the training yard, a place of brutes and leaders, yet you approach me... curious. It would be my pleasure to help you $!{name}."
		*line_break
		[i]You spend the next several hours analyzing fighting styles and learning more subtle combat techniques. You hope this helped.[/i]
		*set Intelligence %+12
		*goto agenda
*label meadow
You take off running towards the meadow, you know you'll find Virginia there. 
*line_break
As you reach the crest of a nearby hill, a faint melody reaches your ears. You move in the direction of the singing and see Virginia laughing and dancing through the meadow as she flows with her melody. She's already sixteen, and she loves to remind you of her superiority stemming from the fact she's a few weeks older than you. Her pale skin contrasts with her long black hair, giving her an otherworldly look. You don't know how she stays as happy as she does; your father told you that both her parents died during a raid on their villages shortly before your birth. Your father took Virginia in, raising her as his own. She's become like a sister to you. As you watch Virginia twirl through the newly bloomed flowers, she notices you and beckons for you to join her. 
*line_break
"${name}! I knew you'd come. You always find me!" she says with a giggle. "Hey, I found a cool new spot! Wanna see?"
*choice
	#"Yeah, let's go!"
		*set Virginia %+ 10
		"Follow me!" Virginia takes off running and you struggle to keep up with her; she has always been the faster runner. After several minutes, you arrive at your destination. You're on the edge of the Sliver Woods. As you catch your breath, Virginia walks up to you and grabs your hand. 

"Come on slowpoke, it's just inside the forest!
		*choice
			#"Virginia... this might be a bad idea..."
				"Why? It's close, and besides, you're here in case anything scary comes!" she says as she tries to pull you into the forest. 

"I don't know... what if there are bandits?" you say, shaking just a little bit. 

"${name}, really, we're fine, come on." 

Reluctantly, you let Virginia lead you into the forest. A couple minutes later, Virginia suddenly speaks up.

"Ok, now close your eyes. I see you peeking! Keep them closed..." You fumble your way forward, gripping Virginia's hand tightly. As you move forward, you feel a cool breeze across your face. Then you hear Virginia say, "Ok, stand right here. Don't peek! I'll be right back." 
				*page_break
				You try to stand as still as possible; you don't want to trip on anything. Suddenly something pushes you from behind and you fall forward face first!

You eyes fly open and you see a pool of water rushing up to meet you. Trying to change your body's angle, you manage to turn a face plant into a belly flop. The freezing mountain water hits you like a jolt of electricity. As you swim to the surface you see a small figure jump off the overhang you were just on. 

"Cannonball!" Virginia yells as she leaps into the water. 

"Virginia!" you exclaim, "What was that?!" 

Your cheeks are red, from anger and embarrassment. Virginia smiles mischievously and sends a wave of water into your face. Of course you have to retaliate. You spend the next hour playing in the water.
				*page_break
				After splashing around for several hours, you and Virginia stretch out on the grass next to the mountain spring. You look over at Virginia; her eyes are closed, a small grin creasing her lips. You smile as you say,
				*choice
					#"I love the way you smile like that."
						Virginia's eyes pop open and her cheeks turn scarlet as she says, "Oh, I... uhh, thank you?" She quickly looks away before saying, "So... you're almost sixteen. You're going to be a ${man}. What are you going to do with your life?"
						*set Virginia + 10
						*goto goals
					#"What's on your mind?"
						She lazily rolls your head towards you, a crooked smile greeting you, "I'm just happy..." "Oh? What about?" Her pale cheeks turn a soft rosy color as she stammers, "Oh, just you know... I get to hang out with you and... yeah you know." She sits up and turns away, hiding the blush that is rapidly spreading across her face, "Anyways, you're going to be sixteen tomorrow! You'll be a ${man}... What are you going to do with your life?"
						*set Virginia + 10
						*goto goals
					#"I can't believe I'm almost sixteen..."
						*set Virginia + 10
						Virginia laughs, "Oh yes, you'll be a real ${man}. What are you going to do with your life?"
						*goto goals
*label goals
*fake_choice
	#"I want to be a great knight."
		Virginia nods her head thoughtfully, "Yes, I think you'd make a wonderful knight... Slay evil, protect the innocent, save the damsel in distress..." At this Virginia coyly smiles at you. Then she laughs and lays her head back down onto the grass.
	#"I just want to be happy."
		You see Virginia's brow crease before she says, "No dreams of glory? Riches? Titles? I'm... I'm surprised." She lays her head back down, but you catch a glimpse of a smile lighting up her face.
		*set Virginia + 5
	#"I want to find true love."
		A small frown appears on Virginia's face before she says, "Oh. I... yes, it's important to find the person you love. One day, right?" She smiles sadly and then lays her head down on the grass.
	#"I want to learn magic.
		Virginia blankly stares at you. Then her eyes widen, "Wait. You're serious?! Hahaha! Magic doesn't exist! Oh well ${name}, you're not an adult till tomorrow right?" Chuckling, Virginia lays her head back down on the grass.
	#"I want to rule The Realm of Steel!"
		Virginia gives you a curious look before questioning, "You? Unify the realm? You do realize that has never been achieved since the time of Alatala? Good luck I guess." Virginia furrows her eyebrows before laying her head back onto the grass.

*label bandits
*page_break
The two of you tarry a little longer before you say, "It's getting late, we should probably get back." Virginia nods and you both stand up and begin your journey home.
*page_break
As you are lazily meandering through the forest, you hear a twig snap. Instantly, your senses are on alert. You look around you, but the dense trees make visibility almost zero. Then you hear Virginia cry out and as you turn to help her you see a heavy wooden cudgel slam into your face.
*page_break
"${name}! ${name}! Wake up kid we gotta move!" Clutching your forehead, you slowly open your eyes, but the light sends flashes of pain shooting through you and you hurriedly close them. "Hey, you alright? One of the hunter's children saw the bandits attack you and take Virginia. I brought some men with me to help." The pain in your head subsides for a moment, and you see it is Garth who has found you. Around him are seventeen men, none of who look prepared for battle. Nearly all of them are carrying simply pitchforks or shovels, not weapons of war. "G-Garth?" you stammer. Garth smiles, saying, "Yeah, its me. Come on, the bandits still have Virginia. I brought you a sword. Now lets go!"
*line_break
[i](Acquire rusty sword)[/i]
*set rustedsword true
*set weaponname "rusty sword"
The sword is a little rusty but seems like it can get the job done.
*page_break
As you follow Garth through the forest, terrible thoughts start to run through your mind. [i]What if they hurt her? What if they kill her? What if there's too many and they kill us?[/i] Your fear slowly builds as you travel. After walking for a short time, you hear laughter up ahead. As you reach the top of another hill and look over, you see the bandit camp. Virginia is sitting next to a tree, tied there with several lengths of rope, blinded, and gagged. There are about fifteen of the bandits, and although they aren't very well armed or armored, they look intimidating. Most are shirtless and carry large wooden cudgels, like the one they brained you with. But one man stands out. Dressed all in a dark purple, the man carries two large sabers at his waist. His face is stuck in a perpetual sneer, like everything around him is beneath his notice. You and your companions watch as one of the other bandits accidentally spills just the smallest piece of meat on him. Faster than the natural eye can see, the man's sword is out and slicing through the air. The other bandit stands motionless for a moment, before his head drops to the ground. The saber-wielding man then spits on the body and walks away.
*line_break
Garth motions you over and begins to whisper to your group of seventeen, "Ok everyone, time for a plan. $!{name}, I think its fitting that the day before your final test you lead us into combat. Lets see if our teachings have actually paid off, eh?"
*choice
	#"Hmm...I think we should charge them. We have greater numbers."
		"Alright ${name}, let's hope the past sixteen years haven't been for naught. You guys ready?" You look around and see many of the men gripping their pitchforks with white knuckles, eyes wide at the thought of their possible demise. To your left is a young boy, not much older than you. You see a wet line running down the inside of his brown worker's trousers. Once all the men seem to be as ready as they can be, Garth raises his spear and yells, "CHARGE!" You let loose your own war cry and rush into the enemy camp. Immediately a bandit swings a cudgel at you, but you roll away. You find yourself and the bandit are a ways away from the main battle. The bandit flashes a toothy smile at you and lunges, cudgel aimed for your head.
		*choice
			#Try to stall for time
				You have no hope of beating the larger man. You feint and dodge this way and that way, doing everything in your power to avoid being made into a pulpy mess. Finally, you see one of your allies, the boy who soiled himself, break off from the main group and rush to help you. You and the boy press the offensive, his pitchfork keeping the man at bay and your sword keeping him on his toes. As you push the man backwards, the bandit trips over another body and falls heavily on his back. You jump over the body and raise your sword to finish him... and then you see the terror in the bandit's eyes and you freeze. The bandit's expression shifts to confusion, and then he comes to a vicious realization. You can't kill him. The bandit sweeps your legs out from over you and you fall onto the ground, banging your head. Dazed, you look up in confusion as the bandit raises his club, but as he strikes down at you, you see the farmer boy bound in front of you. The cudgel hits his head with a meaty smack, and the boy is dead before he hits the ground. 
				*line_break
				From the corner of your eye, you see Garth raise an arm towards you and mutter something, then collapse to the ground. Instantly, your vision blurs. A faint red taints the world around you. Then you feel a presence take control of you. "AHHH!" you bellow as you strike upwards with your sword. The blade misses the entirety of the bandit's body, but the tip of the sword catches the bandit's chin and splits it in two. The man clutches both hands to his mutilated face and sinks to the ground. The red tint fades, and your emotions revert to normal. You turn around and notice the battle is all but over. The only person still left fighting is the violet robed bandit leader, and he has three pitchforks sticking out of him. You watch as he slowly bleeds out, then topple over as death finally takes him. His body twitches one more time, then everything is silent. 
				*goto battleaftermath
			#Press your own attack
				The bandit is surprised by the ferocity and speed of your blows, and he barely manages to fend off your attacks. Yes, you are unskilled and young, but anger is a powerful tool. As you slowly push the man back, you grow more confident. Your swings became wider, less precise. Your power increases, but your accuracy drops to almost nothing. As you batter the bandit backwards, you then notice a glint in the bandit's eyes. Faster than you could possibly react to, the bandit effortlessly catches your hand and twists, causing you to drop the sword. The bandit then picks up and admires your sword. "I been needing a new ones of this. Thanks!" the bandit says in his heavily accented voice. You watch in horror as he approaches you, sword pulled back over his shoulder. Just as he goes to cleave you in two, you see Garth wave an outstretched arm at you and the bandits attack swerves to the side. "Huh?" the bandit mumbles in disbelief. Seeing your opportunity, you exert all your force and kick the man in the groin. The bandits eyes glaze over in pain as his hands dart to his nether regions. Dropping the sword hilt first, he then falls to his knees, directly into the upturned blade. Shock plasters his face as the blade pierces his stomach. Then the bandit looks up at you and says, "Beginner's luck, eh? Sharp sword you got there... pity its... not... mine." Then he slumps to the ground, dead. . You turn around and notice the battle is all but over. The only person still left fighting is the violet robed bandit leader, and he has three pitchforks sticking out of him. You watch as he slowly bleeds out, then topple over as death finally takes him. His body twitches one more time, then everything is silent.
				*goto battleaftermath					
			#Attack the bandit leader
				Your courage surprises you as you and three other farmers attack the leader. As you sprint at the man, he smiles and unsheathes both sabers. Then he become a force of nature. His blades strike as lightning, quick and devastating. Whatever metal his swords are made of, it is exponentially stronger than the farmers' pitchforks or even your own sword. You and your companions' weapons become chipped and dull, but the bandit leader's saber remain pristine. It takes all of your limited skill simply to avoid or block his attacks. You prayer that the other farmers and Garth have almost won their battle, because you know you cannot win yours. You and the three farmers make a valiant stand, holding the bandit leader at bay. That is, until one of the farmer's pitchforks snaps. The bandit leader lets loose a maniacal laugh as he launches himself towards the defenseless farmer, cutting him down. Turning his attention to the two remaining farmers, the bandit leader twirls and redirects one farmer's thrusted pitchfork into the chest of the other. Crying out, the farmer whose pitchfork is now lodged in his companion yanks on his weapon with all his strength, but the pitchfork does not budge. The bandit leader laughs again and disembowels the man in one fluid strike, his next removing the farmer's head. Then it is you and the bandit.				
				*line_break
				"Help!" you cry out. You see Garth look over and flick his wrist in your direction before collapsing to the ground. When the bandit leader next attempts to step towards you, his feet are glued to the ground!Seizing the opportunity, you dash around the man and slash at his unprotected Achilles Heels. The bandit leader bellows in pain as he collapses, his cut tendons no longer able to support his weight. You then finish him off with a sword thrust to his face. 
				*goto battleaftermath
	#"What if we had someone act as a diversion..."
		Garth looks at you, puzzled, then slowly a mischievous grin spreads across his face. "Why, that might be the best idea I've heard all day! And I know just the guy to do it..."
		*page_break A few moments later...		
		"Garth. I don't like this plan." Garth made you remove your armor and weapons and strip down to your undergarments. Feeling a bit exposed, you start to blush. Garth laughs as he says, "Well go along, go make a fool of yourself!" Shame threatening to overcome you, you inch your way around the bandit encampment until the bandits are in between you and your allies. 
		*choice
			#Run out and start screaming like a lunatic
				"AAYIIEEEE" you sprint into the middle of the camp and start going berserk. Soup pot? Kicked. Weapons rack? Kicked. Bandit leader? Kicked. Wait. Bandit leader?! You freeze mid stride, turning to look at the imposing man that you just kicked in the shin. No emotion registers on his face, he just slowly draws his swords. Behind him, you see Garth and the farmers sneaking up behind him, but they need a little bit more time. Then again, you also need to survive...
				*choice
					#Beg for mercy
						Seeing no other option, you fall on your knees and begin to blubber, "Please please please sir don't kill me. I can be useful look I can carry stuff and cook and do whatever you want and..." "SILENCE!" the bandit leader roars in your face. His voice drops menacingly low, "Slaves should learn to be quiet. Go clean up the weapons. And ${boy}? One wrong move and I'll have your ARCK!" The man is cutoff as two pitchforks are driven through his chest. The bandit leader's eyes grow wide in terror, then glass over as he falls. Everything is silent for a moment. Then the camp devolves into mayhem. 
						*line_break
						Leaderless, the remaining bandits try to flee, but your allies cut them down. One brave bandit aims an arrow at you and releases. You see your life flash before your eyes as the arrow flies towards you. In the corner of your eye you see Garth make a subtle hand motion, and the arrow crumples. Stunned, you look at Garth but he is already fighting elsewhere. The bandits are quickly killed. 
						*goto battleaftermath
					#Run
						You turn to try and escape, but a boot catches you in the stomach and you fall to the ground. The bandit leader looks down at you, unmerciful, and you hear Garth yell as the silver blade flashes towards you...
						*page_break
						*goto_scene death
			#Saunter out of the bushes and tell a joke
				You put on your most courageous face and walk out into the clearing. The bandits don't notice you until you are practically right behind them. "Ahem." Your voice startles the bandit closest to you, causing him to drop his spear. The other bandits quickly rush to encircle you. "Now that I have your attention... I have a question for you. When does Sir Lancelot go to bed?" The bandits stare at you, confused. Only the bandit leader smiles. Your voice cracks a little as you say, "Knight time!" No one laughs. Mind racing, you try another one, "Uhhh... what do you call a jouster that was just released from prison? A free lancer!" The bandit leader is not smiling anymore. Behind him, you see Garth and the farmers quickly approaching. You think it is time for your final joke... 
				*line_break
				"What do you call a bunch of idiot bandits?" At this, more than one snarls and draws their weapon. "Dead." You see one bandit in the back mutter, "I don't get it..." right as Garth's sword removes his head from his body. Chaos ensues. 
				*line_break
				Caught by surprise, the bandits are overmatched. Your band of farmers quickly annihilates the bandits, but as you turn to check on Virginia, you see the bandit leader leap at you, swords arcing in a murderous path. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Garth's eyes go wide and he waves his hand. The bandit is thrown to the side, some invisible force knocking the wind from him. The farmers quickly surround him and finish him off. 
				*goto battleaftermath

I know it’s a lot, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I’m not great at coding, so there might be an easier way, but you could create a temporary variable that changes the further you progress. Once you die, you go back to the label where the variable changed.

For example.

*temp choice “”
*label meadow
*set choice “meadow”
CONTINUE…

*if (choice = “meadow”)
*goto meadow

Idk if this makes sense.

2 Likes

Something like:

At each choice

*set savepoint choice_XX
*label choice_XX

When you die:

*if [health] <= 0
    *goto deathscreen
*else
    *goto [next scene]

*label deathscreen
You died
*set [stat1] + 5
*set [stat2] + 5
[etc]
*page_break
*goto {savepoint}
8 Likes

I tweaked @Alice-chan’s suggestion just a little bit, but ultimately it worked. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Cool, glad I could help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.