Heart's Choice General Discussion

So no idea why but Heart’s choice app on Google play is unavailable in my country - Poland. Any reason why? I see this first time happening with any apps from you guys?

1 Like

It’s still Dec 1…Heart’s Choice releases Dec 2.

5 Likes

Question: Are the games only downloadable through the app and not able to be standalone apps like with the other two labels?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

I see, thats too bad. Anyway, I look forward to the games coming from this new label. Good luck to all the writers on this one.

3 Likes

This is a conversation that has been had and done over and over again. A story being genderlocked or not is ultimately the author’s decision.

CoG has stated, time and again, they’re not against gender variable games for HC, or against m/f locked games. The authors just have to pitch and write them, and, with the gender variable ones, out of the four already released games, two of them have gender choice. CoG isn’t losing sales. The authors aren’t obligated to think about some arbitrary bottom line. I prefer the authors to write what they want, rather then write what the were pushed into.

Either way, rehashing an old complaint isn’t going to get anyone, anywhere.

32 Likes

Hi everyone!

Like @sleipnir mentioned, the reason why there’s no M/F only as of to date was because of:

I think the misconception here was some people think that CoG have writers under their employment that worked under CoG, HG or HC label. I hope this clear things up.

17 Likes

And yet, it seems a lot of straight men are enjoying the gay wrestling game, so your definition of popularity is subjective. Some people like exploring MCs entirely different from themselves, and some of them don’t.

Either way, due to the fact that all the games are playable for free, I doubt popularity is as much a concern as giving the authors room to write what the want.

33 Likes

Where are your posts complaining that you can’t play Sabres of Infinity as a woman?

37 Likes

I normally do not engage in this kind of discussion, but I am sick of reading complaints from a group for which still the majority of released games is exclusive, when there are a few that are not.
I have been playing Games for more than thirtyfive years, from that time only since a few years I am allowed to play a female character in a somewhat regular Basis.
And with people of the LGBT community it is still a lot worse. So why is two from 4 Games who will let you Play as a male that is into women not enough? Why is a gay character who shows interest in you, a nuisance? Perhaps this shows that it is time to see yourself and your place in the world with a little more consideration? Just because “minorities” do get something exclusive, it gets unfair to you? See what you get and Not what you do not get.
Sorry for this post, but I am just sick of this whining about things, that can not be changed, cause it is like being upset because you do not get kobe Steak just an ordinary one, while your neighbour has to eat just rice.

53 Likes

If i remember correctly that is the only gender locked game, so i don’t
think there is a problem with that, plus it
is not romance oriented especially the first book.
Having one title out of a 100 is far different from having
3 out of 4

And i am sure there were complaints about that from others.

Hi!

Taking out from Eiwynn’s usual reminder.

This is a gentle reminder to please keep conversations directed at the topic at hand and not at the individuals themselves.

Focusing replies on the individuals themselves instead of the topic at hand can lead to friction between members and often causes the thread to derail.

The issue has been discussed multiple times. I don’t see any need to discuss the issue further since this issue has been debated for the long time and getting circular and this thread is not for gender locked discussion.

Hope from here on out, can we concentrate on the HC topic itself.

9 Likes

You do realize that all pro Wrestling is also genderlocked Male? It just does not cater your orientation.
And as it was said all before, there is not a M/F exclusive game, because no author pitched one. Not because the company does not want such a game, just that t Up to now no author wanted to make one.

29 Likes

If it’s appropriate to ask, does anyone know where individual game saves are kept for omnibus apps?

Game saves are for games which have sequels. Even for games which sequels are planned, we don’t implement a save game until the sequel is in beta. No Heart’s Choice game has a planned sequel.

4 Likes

Is it a bug that I can’t find an achievement page for the games on the hearts choice app or is it because there is no achievement page?

because when playing all world pro wrestling achievements pop up at the end the achievements I unlock but there’s no tab in the stat screen

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I will give another gentle reminder again:

@Starkness
HC is currently working on the achievement button bug. Please keep a lookout on incoming updates.

P. S. S: Kindly dropped the gender locked topic

3 Likes

Nope you wrote that there was only one genderlocked Game Male, by which you meant the Infinity Saga.
I was not referring to earlier posts.

1 Like

I’ll just close this topic for a while to let people cool off. I’ll let the @moderators decide when to reopen the thread.