Heart of Flames: The Unforeseen Flame (WIP) [Updated 04/25/21]

The RO has been decided, and it will be E’s scene that you all get to experience :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Once I get everything sorted out I will be publishing it, which I hope to do as soon as I can.

I’ve also added Faolan’s character art to the forum (if you want to check him out), and if you like what you see you can visit the wonderful artist who made him over on her tumblr. As she brought our amazing alpha to life.

I hope you’re all doing well :heart:.

25 Likes

What would you all want your hatchlings to call you (like a special nickname) and what would you want to call your hatchlings? (Things like little one… I’m trying to figure out more but I can’t seem to.)

8 Likes

I don’t know what my hatchling dragon would call me, but I know what I will call my hatchling: Charlie - after my dog

1 Like

My MC is definitely one to call anyone/anything she loves “darling” or “little terror” (in jest, of course). Just those kind of little pet names.

Since I associate dragons very closely with birds, I’d imagine dragons would look up to my MC as a parental figure since baby birds imprint upon hatching, right? I wouldn’t mind the little guy calling my MC mom, even though she’d stress over it because she’s not mentally prepared to be a mother yet lol. That, or they’d say something similar to “my chosen” or along those lines.

3 Likes

Hmm since I always imagined dragon as an odd species which is a mix between reptile, mammal, and avian, and that they are always almost portrayed as highly individualistic,so it would make sense for the dragon you bond with to view you as their kin but not in a parental way.
Considering the MC saved them in the beginning, MC are the reason why they can breath and that they both are now connected for life, so they would call MC “brethren” at least in the beginning.

5 Likes

Think dragons are weird try a species that is part wolf part dragon

It is kinda tricky to come up with a nickname that our dragons might call us. Maybe an input for the player to type it out if none of the nicknames that make the cut necessarily appeal to all.

An affectionate name for the MC from the hatchling… Perhaps “my wings”? A bit corny, but you, and the dragon are soul mates in a way that cannot be imitated, nor taken away by just anything. In a way, the rider is the dragon’s freedom, because they wouldn’t hatch without the presence of their rider to help set them free.

6 Likes

Sounds pretty cool i think lol. Almost makes me think of like a more monstrous nightstalker from fallout

If anyone is interested in testing out the first portion of E’s scene with the female MC— there’s a link to it on the HoF Discord. I want to make sure that everything is in order. It stops just at the point of E entering, but I wanted to check in before I got to that point so if anything is wrong I won’t have to fix everything :sweat_smile:. (Just ignore all of the typos and the like. I want to make sure that coding is all in order. Once the entire thing is completed I’ll edit it with a more clinical eye :sweat_smile:.)

I hope you’re all doing well :heart:.

14 Likes

I’ve decided to share the link here as well— as it has been a bit :sweat_smile:. Just remember that there will be typos and errors. As my main concern right now is the code. It’s also just the female MC scene and it ends right before E arrives (which I apologize for).

I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Here is the link.

26 Likes

I love the demo so far, really awesome story since I love the Inheritance Cycle, also I would like to say Oromis would be proud of the reference to Glaedr.

5 Likes

Oi @Eleana

The stats have not been fully implemented yet, which is probably the reason for that :smile:.

7 Likes

Also, I wanted to post this here-- as I know some of you don’t have Tumblr and are not on my beta Discord server-- because some people have been curious about it. I have a practice story that I use whenever I need a break from my medieval fantasy stories (it’s set in space)… so I don’t get annoyed with myself for not coming up with new ideas. I also use it to help me practice my writing and coding, which helps me make Gallinia/Ioria better places for you all.

The story is called The Catalyst Chronicles and I just wanted to post the link of the small portion I want to share with you all.

33 Likes

Thank you so much :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I couldn’t make a dragon riding game and not refer to the Inheritance Cycle. (I forgot the fourth name option for the Dragonriders of Pern series which is where the idea for Haven arose.)

7 Likes

Well heck now I want to see more of your space game now lol it’s very good from what I played so far. :grinning:

3 Likes

I checked it out for the sake of it, and wow, despite how SHORT it is at this point, I really love it already.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :smile:. I have a lot written but only a small portion that I want to share… if that makes sense. TCC holds a special place in my heart because it’s so different from my usual stories-- at least the setting is.

5 Likes

Thank you so much-- that warms my heart to hear. TCC, at least the portion I wish to share, is something that I never thought people would truly be interested in. I’m glad that I was wrong because it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Thank you for giving the story the benefit of the doubt and trying it :grinning:.

7 Likes

Something corrupted-- or messed up-- in the link I shared with the small portion of chapter two. So I am going to be reposting it in case you all feel like replaying it any time you want. I want to make sure you all have everything I provide my Discord and Tumblr users with (in case you don’t have either… I don’t want you to feel like you’re being left out).

Here is the link.

Thank you all for being so patient with me. It means the world to me :smile:. I promise I’m making leeway with E’s scene too (it’s at 10,000 words right now and it’s almost done for the female MCs).

23 Likes