Heart of Flames: The Unforeseen Flame (WIP) [Updated 04/25/21]

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoy the demo for ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐”๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐…๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž โ€“ the first book in the
๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐…๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ series.

Summary:
You were born into an impoverished familyโ€” an impoverished Fae family. Not that there were any wealthy ones left. You have lived a life filled with hardships and scrutiny, but youโ€™ve persevered. Keeping your head high and your heart pure. You knew that your life would be filled with these people. Filled with the hateful looks and the barbed words, and you were prepared for that. You were prepared to live a life in the shadows of everyone else.

Until one event changes your life forever. Youโ€™re chosen by a dragon and become a Dragon Rider.

The only problem?

There has never been a commoner chosen before. So youโ€™re not only the first Fae Dragon Rider but the first commoner Dragon Rider as well? Your life has just gotten exponentially harder, but with new places come new friendsโ€”and possibly even more.

Explore the world of Gallinia and become the greatest Dragon Rider the world has ever seen!

Your journey starts hereโ€ฆ

Romantic Options

Aeleanor/Aeson:
Aeleanor
is 5โ€™9" with tan skin and long silvery blonde hair that falls in gentle waves down to the middle of her back and bright gold eyes with violet flecks in them. She has a lithe build and high cheekbones, and full lips. Her wings are white with silver hues. Sheโ€™s very sweet and kind but can be standoffish to those that she doesnโ€™t know.

Aeson
is 6โ€™2" with tan skin and medium length silvery blonde hair and gold eyes with violet flecks. He has a muscular build and a chiseled face. His wings are white with a silver hue, and he can be pretty standoffish but is actually a very gentle soul.

Elaria/Ezra:
Elaria
is 5โ€™8โ€ with platinum blonde hair down to her shoulder blades with sea green eyes. She has an icy exterior but once she trusts you she becomes a close confidant. She is the crown princess of Gallinia.

Ezra
is 5โ€™11โ€ with platinum blonde hair styled in a side part with sea green eyes. He has an icy exterior but once he trusts you he becomes a close confidant. He is the crown prince of Gallinia.

Catherine/Caleb:
Catherine
is 5โ€™9โ€ with long brown hair with golden highlights and hazel eyes. She has a happy-go-lucky personality and always wants to make other people smile. She is an older rider that trains you.

Caleb
is 6โ€™0โ€ with brown hair with golden highlights and hazel eyes. He has a happy-go-lucky personality and always wants to make other people smile. He is an older rider that trains you.

Lydia/Luca:
Lydia
is 5โ€™4โ€ with long red hair and sparkling blue eyes. She is the biggest flirt in all of the Gallinia or, at least, thatโ€™s what people have told you.

Luca
is 5โ€™8โ€ with long red hair and sparkling blue eyes. He is the biggest flirt in all of the Gallinia or, at least, thatโ€™s what people have told you.

Samara/Silas:
Samara
is 5โ€™6โ€ with raven black hair and honey brown eyes. She is a mischievous soul who always has a grin on her face.

Silas
is 5โ€™8โ€ with raven black hair and honey brown eyes. He is a mischievous soul who always has a grin on his face.

Milena/Maven:
They have ombre colored hair. Milenaโ€™s is kept longer than Mavenโ€™s, it being down to her shoulder blades. While Mavenโ€™s only brushes his ears. They have silver eyes and fair skin. They arenโ€™t necessarily closed off but they donโ€™t really try to make friends either.

Natalia/Nikolas:
Natalia
Natalia has raven black hair that falls to the middle of her back in. She has stunning emerald green eyes and a razor sharp smile. You can never truly know what sheโ€™s thinking and thatโ€™s exactly how she likes it. Sheโ€™s 5โ€™10".

Nikolas
Nikolas has short(ish) raven black hair and emerald green eyes. His smile can either reveal nothing or everything. Youโ€™ll just never know which. Heโ€™s 6โ€™3".

Lauren:
Lauren is a healer in haven and is one of the most renowned healers in all of Gallinia. However, she is indentured to the acting Matriarch which can cause problems. She is 5โ€™6" with long dirty blonde hair and whiskey brown eyes. Sheโ€™s a very cool and pragmatic but she cares with her entire heart.

Faolan:
Faolan is a wolf shifter. He has crimson red eyes and golden blonde hair. Heโ€™s 6โ€™5" with a very muscular build. Though heโ€™s very kind and gentle to those he trusts and who he sees as part of his pack. His wolf form is very muscular as well and has ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ป fur with his crimson red eyes. It exudes strength and power. As it should as he is the ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ฎ of his pack.

Aidan:
Aidan is another Rider that you meet. He has beautiful blue-green eyes and is 6โ€™2" with a muscular build. Heโ€™s very standoffish and rarely lets anything get passed his prickly exterior. His skin is sun-kissed from all his time outside during his training.

Dragons:

E: White dragon named Archion

C: Blue dragon named Narith

L: Purple dragon named Vessarel

S: Gold dragon named Ember

M: Black dragon named Sayah

N: Red dragon named Verath

Lauren: Green dragon named Asa

Aidan: Green dragon named Ciyradyl

Irithiel: Bronze dragon named Iddraras

Character Art

Romantic Options-
Aeleanor/Aeson:
Elaria/Ezra:

Catherine/Caleb:
Lydia/Luca:
Samara/Silas:
Milena/Maven:
Natalia/Nikolas:
Lauren:

Faolan:
image image
Aidan:
Irithiel (The Matriarch):

Alternate Universe-
Modern AU

Other Characters-
Dragons-

Art Credit
  • Ezra (1), Lauren (1), Irithiel (1) were all drawn by the amazing owletowo on tumblr.

• Faolan (1) was drawn by the amazing heyarrii on tumblr. (Along with her beautiful MC, Nerah.)

Dragon Color Chart

Gold- Green
Red- Brown
Black- Red
Green- Hazel
Blue- Silver
Purple- Blue
Bronze- Purple
White- Gold

(The second color is the eye color the first is the scale.)

Dragon Color Meaning

Red:
The color of fire and blood, it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red riders are usually more vengeful than others, but they have their softer sides too. They are the more warrioresque ridersโ€ฆ kinda like knights.

Green:
The color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Green riders tend to be the healers and keepers. Soft-spoken and gentle you could never go wrong with them.

Blue:
The color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, stability, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue riders tend to be the scholars in haven, but they can also be great warriors as well. Though leaning more towards the rogue side of things.

Purple:
Combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. Purple riders are usually the diplomats of haven. Always the ones that stand at the forefront of meetings and are, more than likely, in leadership positions.

White:
Associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection. Although white dragons are uncommon theyโ€™re not unheard of. White dragon riders are usually the peacekeepers of the realm. Always trying to keep the balance between the sides, but always willing to protect whatโ€™s theirs with a vengeance

Black:
Associated with power, elegance, formality, death, and mystery. Black dragon riders are usually the spies of haven. The ones that can slink in and out of the shadows with practiced ease.

Gold:
The color gold is the color of success, achievement, and triumph. It is associated with prosperity, luxury, quality, prestige and sophistication. Gold riders are normally the happy-go-lucky people amidst the riders. The ones that always looks for the bright side. They, with their dragons, try to be a beacon of hope and prosperity for all of the people in Gallinia.

Bronze:
Bronze is sometimes likened to brown when it comes to what it means. The color exudes the aura of nature and the ideas of experience, growth, strength, and security. Bronze Riders are closely interwoven with White Riders both striving to keep the peace and prosperity within Gallinia and all of its neighboring countries. Bronze riders, however, are much more recklessโ€ฆ I guess. Theyโ€™re easier to anger than the White Riders. In their entirety all the Bronze Riders want to do is keep their country safe and all of the people within it.

Questions

How old is the MC? 20-21
How is the color of my dragon decided? The color of your dragon is based upon the personality that you give your MC. As the dragon bond, in the world of HoF, is based on the connection that your dragon feels with your soul-- itโ€™s a soul bond. So if youโ€™re more of a sneaky/cautious type person than you will more than likely have a black dragon. (As they are the spies of Haven.)
Choices? Donโ€™t worry if you think your MC is stagnant as of now. These are only the base choicesโ€” Iโ€™m still working on implementing the rest of the choices for other MC types. And Iโ€™m revamping some of the scenes as I do so to work with those MCs better too. I just wanted to get the chapters out so people had something to read while I do the rest of the work. As chapter two can still be read as it isโ€ฆ Iโ€™m just adding more options and various other things as I go :sweat_smile:. (In chapter two only the passive route is available so far. The others will be added in timeโ€ฆ I hope you still enjoy it though.)

Changelog
  • July 19, 2020: Chapter One added (~24,544 words excluding the code)

• April 25, 2021: Chapter Two added (~43,545 words excluding the code)

To Do
  • Add more dialogue choices for both chapter one and two.

• Add more options for ROs scenes and Irithielโ€™s scene.

• Revamp some of the existing scenes.

Demo: Link here

Tumblr: Link hereโ€ฆ feel free to ask me anything.

Discord: Link invite here

658 Likes

So excited! Been following the tumblr for a while!

6 Likes

And so it all begins. Iโ€™ve been following you on Tumblr ever since you started Path of Fire so Iโ€™m very excited to start reading this WIP that you had planned for a long time!

4 Likes

Thank you so much :heart:. I hope you enjoy the first chapter for Unforeseen Flame!

3 Likes

This was really different from other stories I canโ€™t wait to see more

2 Likes

Is anyone else having a problem loading the demo or is it something on my end?

No Iโ€™m having problems tooโ€ฆ

I had some problems to just keep backing out and clicking on the icon again attend to work after that

The demo isnโ€™t working for me either and now all of dashingdon isnโ€™t loading either. I wonder if so many people are excited for the demo that we broke it haha.

Like Icarus we were overjoyed by our new found flight, and flew too close to the sun. In other words, CRAP!

3 Likes

Just in case anyone was confused by the sexual preference choice: (these are the same for all genders)

Straight (all male or all female)
Bisexual (a mixture)
Gay (either all male or all female)
Asexual (a mixture)

They are in the same order.

4 Likes

Same issue happened during one of Golden Roseโ€™s update, if I remember correctly. Think it was because so many people were accessing the demo that it was a little overwhelmed.

Might need a moment to work at its best.

I love this story so far. Especially Caleb. I do have a question though, what is the age of the MC?

1 Like

I am totally getting Anne McCafferty vibes from this.

And I LOVE it. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Oh I am a SUCKER for dragon games and this one has such an interesting story line!

3 Likes

Oh, great, another wip to keep track of.

Loved it!

2 Likes

The MC is 17 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, and thank you so much for your kind words.

5 Likes

Thank you, thatโ€™s what I was going for when creating itโ€ฆ that and Inheritance Cycle.

3 Likes

OH, I certainly love the theme. Really enjoyed reading whatยดs included in the demo so far. Looking forward to more content and I canยดt stress how excited I am to know this will be a series.

Boy was that a good read. I definitely felt drawn into the book and your writing, in my opinion, is on point. I have no choice but to give you ten claps
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: