Heart of Flames: The Unforeseen Flame (WIP) [Updated 04/25/21]

I’m not sure how I could missed your story, but I read it last night and I’m in love!
I love the world building and when we saw the dragon for the first time I was in awe. So cute! :heart_eyes:
Also I’m suprised(postive) about the amount of RO’s.

Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I hope to be adding more branches in the second chapter (as the passive route is the only one available so far)… it’s taking a bit longer than I want but I’m making some progress. I also hope to add a new scene in chapter one soon that I hope you all will enjoy… though I don’t know when that’ll be done :sweat_smile:.

I’m so happy you liked the demo so far though :heart:.

5 Likes

At the end of the day, you’re a good author with excellent work ethic. You’re also still healing from the personal dramas that have taken place behind the scenes in your life; we get it if you have moments where you feel you need some time.

This is also hardly your only project. You are technically working on more than the two that are public as yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Only the passive? What do you mean by that? :open_mouth:
Are you planning alternatives to how the events play out in chapter 2?

And also, I obviously agree with the previous comment - if you need to take your time, then take it!

1 Like

Thank you @Konoi and @LadyUmbreon89 :heart:. I appreciate your words a great deal. A lot of people have been telling me to take care of myself a bit more and I’m definitely trying to do so.

As for this— there will be a neutral and more aggressive (how aggressive I haven’t decided yet) approach that you can take regarding everything too. It won’t necessarily change the ending of chapter two but it will change some of the interactions with the characters. There will also be more choices added in with the various RO scenes. And, of course, the family question will be added too :sweat_smile:. As I thought too far ahead to chapter three and forgot about basic questions in chapter two. So that’ll be fun to do too.

I’m also working on a glossary and codex for you all. To make it a bit easier for you guys to go back to and remember the lore of HoF.

4 Likes

Aah, I see! I like the approach offered right now, but it would obviously be useful for some people, considering MC didn’t ask for any of that!

Yeah, I’ve seen you started on it in the current build, and I’m SO grateful for that! It’s a very rich and interesting world, and that will definitely help!

1 Like

I hope to have the glossary inserted within a day or two, but the branches will take a bit longer because they’ll have varying scenes added with them. Though I hope you all enjoy them when they’re finished :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

If there’s anything you’d like to see in the glossary/codex please tell me. As I would be more than happy to add it.

2 Likes

Well, I have asked about the lifespan of shapeshifters, and I think it would be useful to have the lifespans of all species indicated (with the specificity about wolf shapeshifters having a similar lifespan to their mate being put there too, of course). That and the species’ appeareances are basically the things I would really need.
Also, physical descriptions of the ROs maybe? We have these here on the forums, but players who’ll purchase the full game are not likely to come here looking for that.

1 Like

For instance if you’d like to see something like this:

This is a screenshot of my trial codex for The Catalyst Chronicles… the story I use to get better at coding and world building. (The blank space is the ship name… so it’s just The for the moment.)

3 Likes

I’ll be adding a character guide too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, something like that definitely looks nice and will be useful!

Man, can you believe I’ve been rethinking about that story of yours YESTERDAY, and how great it was despite you only showing the veeeery start of it… The ambience! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Well if you have a Discord I can invite you to my beta server :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. As that’s the server that has all of my beta links including TCC… so there’s more updated every time I upload TCC to see if the code I’m working on works.

3 Likes

Oh, sure - feel free to send me an invite by private message - unless you prefer me to give you my username?

1 Like

Sent it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like