Heart of a Dungeon (WiP): Update 28/01/2023

Surprise got another one for you but I’m really do in joy your story including this new update :+1:

1 Like

You’ll need to raise your user level.

1 Like

Yep just saw that but it seems a more delicate problem that I’ll need to fix be a few mins at least

2 Likes

Hey just glad I can help so taking all of the time you need because A beautiful painting was never made in one day :+1:

2 Likes

LOVE this idea, played all the routes I possibly can but just thought I’d let you know abt a few bugs (image embedding unfortunately isn’t working :((), but if you set traps in your forest dungeon then the game says something about indents? and you cannot continue, the name your Fairie leader Dances-With-Birds, it comes out as Dances-with_Birds every time after that? also if you get your stranglers to clean the crypt the text calls them rats! I know these are minor but I thought I’d let you know. Anyway super excited for all future updates :)) looking forward to seeing the adventures my little challenger manor with my pet Fido the rat get up to! (also curious abt the monsters that will be in the other types of dungeons) basically if you ever need/want a beta tester I’m your guy haha

2 Likes

That should be all the code issues resolved with forest option now.

I think I fixed the fairy trap issue while you were playing it. Should be fine now. I’ll look into the others now. They should be fixed in 5-10 mins

4 Likes

awesome! thanks :smiley:

1 Like

That should be all these minor issues fixed. Thanks for pointing them out!

2 Likes

I ran into the same issue with my WIP post, too. You can ask the mods to change it for you. Just tag them with

@ moderators

But remove the space.

1 Like

@moderators The edit button is no longer available for the original post for my WiP. I update my WiP very regularly so could you help fix this issue, please?

1 Like

Thanks for that! Just need to wait and see now

4 Likes

I like this alot so far, definitely unique. I didn’t see any obvious coding or spelling errors.

2 Likes

Thanks, I do my best, and I fully edit the writing before updating the demo. So there shouldn’t be any issues with the story content as the game develops.

Looking forward to more! Love love love the concept.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll be attending a wedding today but hopefully I’ll be able to add another update tonight.

2 Likes

I really love this idea, I’m so excited to play the lighthouse when it’s ready!! I like the idea of a kind of tower defence system in an IF game, it’s really fun so far, and I’m hooked on the idea of developing your dungeon as a character as well

Just a couple of things I’ve noticed so far playing the forest:

When you get the chance to choose between fairies or squirrels, it says that fairies will be more expensive, but the text in the choice itself said that they both cost 10 mana

Small typo in choice to upgrade fairies, last option says ‘swar’ instead of ‘swarm’

"Hey! What’s …? … gem … never … before! A distorted young voice echoes from the mana - the second quotation mark is missing after ‘before’

4 Likes

Thank you, these issues have now been fixed.

2 Likes

The unscrambled version of the white gem message is now available to all tiers of Patreon.

5 Likes

New Update 28/01: A Dungeon’s Guide to being a Dungeon has been added to the stats screen. This Guide will see more updates shortly.

15 Likes