Heart of a Dungeon (WiP): Update 12/09/2023

They’re both good options once they become available. They have interesting features planned for them.

1 Like

Thank you for checking out the demo! So far, it’s getting a better response than I expected for how little is in it right now. Did it live up to what you expected from the interest check thread?

3 Likes

Mondays and Fridays lol. There may be another update today or tomorrow though.

1 Like

Well! I like this game, I see potential here, and has a player of DnD, the perspective flip is very interesting, I’m keeping an eye on this one. Although, since I’m semi obliged to ask, given my username - is it possible for a dragon to eventually make a lair in your dungeon? On the topic monsters, what sort of monsters would end up calling the MC home?

8 Likes

Well, it is possible to have boss Dragon and a dragon lair. But I won’t go into details on how to get them lol. On the topic of monsters, there’ll be a variety of monster like animals and insects. A range of undead from the Stranglers to Lichs, zombies to banshees. Aquatic monsters like Sirens and krakens. Treants, Slimes, Fae, etc. Trust me when I say there’s going to be plenty to go around.

There’s also opportunities to gain monster spawners not native to your dungeon type. There’re Boss monster titles coming soon that give special perks. Like Librarian, Alchemist, Enchanter, Envoy, Architect, etc

16 Likes

I wonder: How feasible would it be to eventually create a dungeon that’s just a freely accessible pile of gold? Like, not even slightly scary, won’t bother adventurers at all? Gold seems to replenish over time, but does this require actively hunting to regain mana?

3 Likes

This would classify you as a Playground Variety Dungeon. Like with just about everything, there are mana expenses attached to your choices. But, there will be plenty of ways to “earn” mana to offset those costs. You gain mana just from people “Visiting” you. They spend their energy and lifeforce while exploring you, which your Core seizes and turns into mana for its own use.

9 Likes

This made me laugh alot! the humans expression was classic! Opens bassment door, all you see are eyes staring back at you! frowns…

Now that i think about it, wouldnt it be nice if you being the dungeon core were to make your own body and become like a hidden boss? That sounds like fun.

2 Likes

Well, if you read the last few sentences of the Synopsis…

2 Likes

I think there may be an error with moving the core in the crypt (or maybe it’s just supposed to work differently than the house). The invader doesn’t ever seem to be aware that it moved, even with the proper amount of hiding.

2 Likes

It’s not an error, just works differently. In the house there’s an option that lets you move it out of the basement. So depending on your choices he will become aware that you have moved it.

1 Like

This is great.

1 Like

I love the idea to be a dungeon, it was hilarious with the critters and the guy who came to look how are we doing :laughing:
Looking forward to more critters and adventurers :grinning:

PS: The name Ratsputin for the rat is so hilarious :joy:

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it so far. There’s a few names I’m proud of so far, Ratsputin for one, but it’s tied with Hans for the Strangler (Undead Creepy Hand.)

6 Likes

New minor update is now in effect on the demo. Enhanced Stat Screen Options and Minor Spelling Mistake fixed. Read what to expect from the next update and when it’s due at the top of the thread.

3 Likes

WOW. This is such a cool and fun idea! I really like how the human treats you at first, and how you get the sense that they really do have a system for newborn dungeons and stuff. I will be watching this wip with great interest!

6 Likes

This is such an interesting concept. Henry has absolutely stolen my heart! (or I guess my core? :thinking:). I love how kind and respectful he is to a peaceful dungeon and a part of me didn’t want to see him go! I can’t wait to see more!

2 Likes

Interesting concept. Cannot wait to see more.

1 Like

Sorry, but Henry won’t be a romance option lol

1 Like

Sad, but it is what it is lol. I still enjoy the fact that he seemed to be happy exploring a new dungeon!

I was also wondering if you had any ideas on making a dungeon that’s focused more on being a maze? I really just wanna test out people’s wit and possibly prank them :eye::eye:

2 Likes