Have Human, Will Travel! (SYP sequel WIP) - Demo available!

Well, I love what you have so far. Take your time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just your periodic reassurance that neither we nor the sequel are dead, just VERY, VERRRRRRY busy with life the jobs that actually pay us a livable wage and all that blahddy blah. :smirk:

Hoping to roll out phase 2 sometime in the next few months (hopefully before the end of the year). I think we’ve finally nailed the new direction with the rewrites and other additions we were grappling with this summer. :raised_hands: So, yay! I hope it lives up to everyone’s standards, including our own.

Thank you, as always, for your patience!!! :kissing_heart:

23 Likes

Hey all! Not much in the way of concrete updates. Whenever possible, we’ve been working hard on getting the next beta rollout prepped. I was hoping to have it posted before the end of the year, but with the added crush of holiday season stuff, it will most likely be early in the new calendar year. But, hey, who knows. Never say never. :wink:

I know I say this a lot, but I always mean it: thank you to the fans and participants for your support, understanding, and patience! I promise that any delays have only been because we want it to be the best sequel we can make it! :heart:

32 Likes

Hey, the best stuff deserves patience. I personally would rather have a good, well-furnished game, rather than a rushed unfinished game. I do not speak for everyone, but I know I have my faith that this game will be good.

Much love, and happy holidays! :heart:

5 Likes

Enjoy the holidays! Looks like we might have a white Christmas Eve this year!

Oh, and don’t let me beat you two to the publishing queue! Readyyyy setttt…:checkered_flag:

7 Likes

Thanks, @MichaelMaxwell, and same to you! :grin:

And @Eric_Moser, I think we always knew this unintentional race between us would be neck and neck until the bitter end. :wink: It’s my favorite friendly rivalry to come from this forum. :laughing:

8 Likes

Fell down the editing rabbit hole.

“Oh, I’m just going to add this and do a quick playthrough and…oh, no, I don’t like how that was worded. Okay, moving on…ahh, hmmm. Did I already express that same sentiment but worded a little different earlier? Better change that, don’t want to get repetitive. And let’s transpose those two paragraphs, it flows better that way. Better trim up this code here! Why did I do it that way, it’s so clunky? Is this continuity here correct? Oh, that doesn’t flow, either, soooo…” Etc. Etc.

Nothing like thinking you have three and a half whole chapters polished and then the micro-editor subsection of your brain kicks into overdrive. :sweat_smile: So, I have no one but myself to blame for that taking away from actual new writing time, but I think it’s going to make for a MUCH better product in the long run. That said, no substantive update to post, just wanted to keep you all informed of the progress. Still looking to have beta roll out soon, still. Fingers crossed before end of February! Thanks!

21 Likes

I know exactly how it feels. Like Rick and Morty, quality over quantity (Or in this case quality over deadlines). The paranoia of editing is good (at least for me it is). Gives you a perspective of how much your work has grown, and how different (and similar) you are to how you were writing at the start of everything. And as I’ve said, I’d take a well-edited, fleshed out game that’ll take years to make, over a rushed unfinished game, anytime…

I too have felt the paranoia, yet I’ve grown to welcome it.

Even if it takes a year longer, I humbly await the release of this great game. Much love! :heart:

11 Likes

Hey any Updates? I played the WIP on DashingDon and am eagerly waiting for it. Much appreciate your hardwork.

Subho, please refrain from posting in topics that have been inactive for more than two weeks. Moderators will most likely have to lock this thread now. You can always brush up on COGs forum rules if you were unaware this was a rule.

1 Like

Well, I was planning on leaving an update here this weekend anyway, but had to get the thread unlocked first. :sweat_smile: I always appreciate interest in our game, as well as the hard working mods. And that’s why it’s important to read the forum rules, kids! :wink:

So, anyway, the past two months since I last posted have been crazy. Been putting in extra time at both of my jobs and, mid-February, one of my grandmothers had what they call a mini stroke (she’s made a great recovery in the meantime, thankfully!!!). It’s a ten hour round trip between her place from where I live, but it was important to visit her and help out, of course. All of that is to say that what very little free time I have had to work on the game left me exhausted and much more likely to crash or unwind instead of making my brain work more.

So, I literally have not been able to really look at the game files in weeks, but that being said, we are still closer than ever to getting the beta updated. I always appreciate everyone’s patience and support, especially during tough times like these. Life, amirite? So inconvenient to writing and stuff! :smirk: Things should be calming down soon and I hope to have more significant and frequent posts to this thread soon.

Rest assured, to any newcomers who may have sought out this game on the forum, all important status updates will still be made to our FB and Twitter pages, so no one should miss out on crucial info. Stay tuned and thanks for not losing faith in our series. You rock!!!

31 Likes

Updated our pool of beta testers to expect the next roll out by the end of May. Thanks to everyone who has responded! I’m so grateful for your support.

I’m super excited and I can’t wait to hear feedback on the story. We’ve made a lot of changes and really wanted to give people the word length and choice variety they crave, while still delivering an overall high quality experience. All the time and hard work is going to be so worth it (I hope), but right now my current mood is like:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19 Likes

Best of luck on this :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh god I am even more so excited now!

I’m sure this will turn out into an amazing game! I have my patience, and I am willing to wait as long as I need for this wonderful game! I hope everything goes well for you! And I wish you all the best of progress!

Much love, best wishes!

3 Likes

Hey all! Heads up to my beta testers. We got hit with storms in my area this week which left us without power for over 24 hours this week, so I’m a little behind where I wanted to be on getting everything loaded and ready, but I’m still working to get the next rollout this weekend. So, stay tuned and thanks! :grin:

11 Likes

Oof, I hope everything and everyone’s alright! Best wishes to everyone!

2 Likes

Yes, thank you! I don’t know that the trees fared too well, since it left large branches and other debris all over the yards and roads, but that’s not necessarily uncommon for this part of the country. Sudden rainstorms that can get really strong, but don’t last long, and then the sun will be out a mere 20 minutes later.

This one lasted a little longer and obviously downed our power lines until they could be fixed, but other than temporarily cutting into some writing/editing time and making me rethink my odds of survival in any post-apocalyptic scenario where I can’t have a hot shower and tea on demand, all is well. :wink:

4 Likes

Wow, sounds to be quite the episode. Are you sure they’re not filming a DC movie nearby with all that storm, destruction and then sudden sunshines?

… And here I thought summer was warm and inviting. I Guess mother nature has other plans. In any case, if the world ever goes spiraling into a post apocalyptic world, the first person I’d like to meet would be Jim Datillo… and possibly Simon Pegg.

I truly hope things do get better, and that tea and hot showers will always be ready on stand by. What would humanity do without them?..

Also, happy birthday!~ :confetti_ball::birthday::tada:

3 Likes