Have Human, Will Travel! (SYP sequel WIP) - Demo available!

You can’t stop the hype.
SYP is my all-time favourite game hosted by COG. The only reason I would not want to be part of the beta for this is because I want to experience it in its full glory. I can’t think of anything better to say than thank you!

6 Likes

Already been making edits based on the feedback I’ve been receiving, so THANK YOU to those who have already been replying or have given me an estimate of when to expect some soon (which was not necessary, but very thoughtful :blush:). And the two different groups have been finding different things, which is awesome.

I also realize that the assigned presets were not to everyone’s tastes, which I knew they wouldn’t be, but hopefully I have addressed why we handled it that way to everyone’s satisfaction. So, new idea: when phase 2 (which will have the rest of the chapters plus any large or drastic changes) rolls out, would my testers be interested in getting the alternate preset to try out instead? Just a thought!

6 Likes

that would be nice… :grin: the preset i got makes me surprised at first… but thanks god i can manage to get through it (and i just realized i can test it without preset before you mention it :blush:) unfortunately, something comes up and i still have no time to playtest it the second time :cry:

1 Like

Well If bisexual Jane was turned into lesbian Elizabeth then the preset I had would be identical to my actual character, so I have to complaints with the one I got…I will admit that it took a little getting used to when people were talking about Eli lol

2 Likes

So, goodie goodie, I started a second job because, you know, the need to eat and pay bills and stuff. Unfortunately, that seriously cuts into my writing time at the moment. :sweat: So, that is why I’ve been quieter than I planned for now, but we’re still working on the next part of beta. Testers: please, continue to send me any edits and ideas that pop up and I will work on rolling out an update ASAP.

Thanks, as always, for hanging in there with me!

8 Likes

It’s all good! Take your time! I mean, if I can get through college, part-time at 7-11, also part-time fixing computers and writing my game at the same time, maybe you can too!

Just, be careful not to stress yourself out… it’s a bad, bad thing. When you feel a burnout coming up, take some time away, talk to some people, play some Fallout or any game you like, then come back. Remember… there’s always time for ice cream :yum:

6 Likes

Testers: update uploaded! I got a few messages from testers in both threads about some choice confusion as well as minor spelling and grammar errors, so hopefully those have been addressed.

As dashingdon.com is known to sometimes have cache issues with certain browsers, I suggest either clearing your cookies or (and this method has been the easiest and most effective workaround for me) opening the game link in private mode/an incognito window to make sure you are accessing the current content.

Please check the beta threads or message me with any questions. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! We’ve been completely slammed by work and life this summer, but getting in as much writing and editing as we can on the game when we have a chance (and what feels like a still firing brain cell or two, which as been surprisingly hard to come by lately, lol). Sorry for the lack of recent or large updates. We got hung up on a few rewrites and revisions, including somewhat of the direction we’re talking the game in–or rather, just how many variables and branches we’re going to end up accounting for. So, I’ve been working on some flavor text and extra encounters with your companions.

I wonder, if there something your MC is just burning to ask Vex? Or Elysian? Or Sly? Or something you really want to know about the lore and the world? Anything plot-related will be revealed with time, of course, but I want to make sure I include some extra time to get to know your companions better. I know I have my own thoughts on some extra special conversations I want to include. :wink: I’m also open to suggestions to make sure I’m addressing as much as possible! Let me know on the thread if you have any thoughts or ideas on that topic! Thanks!

Edit to add: this is open to anyone who played the first game! You don’t have to be in beta test for HHWT to share your thoughts on something you’d like to see addressed, resolved, or happen in the sequels. :grin:

14 Likes

I’m not sure I want Vex to answer, but will having a negative confidence have an impact in the sequel? (That’s the most interesting thing I have accomplished so far.)

It will have an impact, though it may be subtle to those who can’t see the code. The first game was really about getting a feel for who the reader thinks the MC is and getting to customize how they see the world and react to it. There are a couple more choices in the very beginning of the sequel that will help take that a step further and really solidify that personality, then a lot of the rest of the game is about other characters reacting to who your MC is, where your relationships stand, and what that means for the story.

There are a few points in the game where confidence, either by itself or combined with another stat, will be used as a kind of will or assertiveness check. It will also influence the tone of some interactions or choices. Hopefully folks will enjoy what we’re doing with it! :blush:

11 Likes

Where’s the link to this thing??

It’s **CLASSIFIED! ** :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jk it’s here https://dashingdon.com/play/mizartist33/have-human-will-travel-wip-demo/mygame/index.php?cb=82031

Alternatively you can click New Demo in logs of 22 something

1 Like

Thank you so much! And lol yeah i love this name

It’s really not that funny

Ugh, I’m so excited for this to come out!

I guess if my MC had anything to ask it would be to Vex.

Little dude, like, given the chance would you become a crazy cat demon? Have like 50 cats? You seem to like Mister Bojangles.

2 Likes

…and OF COURSE when I am really getting into it is when I reach the end! I am going to have to play through it some more when I have wi-fi access. So far I like it.

what does SYP stand for?

So, You’re possessed! The name of the first part of the series. You can find it here.

4 Likes

Is there any way for me to become part of the beta test?

Right now it’s on a bit of a (unintended) hiatus, both due to schedule conflicts and some story rehashing/rewrites, but I’m happy to add you to a group so you can see what we have so far! I’ll msg you a link.

8 Likes