Have Human, Will Travel! (SYP sequel WIP) - Demo available!

I’ve only recently been able to get back to this site and I’m really happy to see this games coming along. Enjoyed the first game and the small bit of demo you had. I’m already excited XD

Sidney so cute! :blush: I’d be really sad if she betrays us or something. Due to cashier girl’s comment

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented! The majority on both questions is clear. Joke is on you, though, since implementing both will take even more time! :laughing: :sob:

But seriously, I really appreciate the feedback! Hopefully, I will have more updates soon!

8 Likes

ALRIGHT! Here it is: the final draft demo!

It’s short, still not the entirety of Chapter 1 (comes up shy of being even half), but longer than the rough draft preview was, with more lore and customization. I also took the poll into consideration, so you can specify the state of your relationship with Sidney.

I will continue to make this available even after private and closed beta testing has begun for the curious, so feel free to discuss it on this thread if you want to. I will probably announce the link on our social media pages after you all have gotten the first look.

EDIT TO ADD: I took a lot of the achievements off the list that would be too spoilery, so you’re not seeing everything, but hopefully enough to give you some ideas of where it’s going. Sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’m open to questions and comments. Especially if you catch a typo or something my fine-tooth comb somehow missed (there’s always at least one, grrr)!

15 Likes

Thank you and Tony for this can’t wait for the full game whenever it is :relaxed:

1 Like

Can’t wait for the game! I had a lot of fun with SYP and I’ve been dying to see the sequel. :smiley: The little demo itself is fun. Best of luck to you!

Also, it’s not a typo, but a nit that I thing should be picked nonetheless: When you flirt-tease Sidney after your fall
“Very funny, you’re a big help” has a comma splice. Should be a semicolon or two sentences.

3 Likes

SIDNEY!! I MISSED YOU!! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Right you are! Thank you! :slight_smile: And glad you enjoyed it.

DAMMIT!! I wanted it soon, but NOT THIS SOON!

… I have an exam this week and I’m so screwed :joy: Anyways, thank you so much! I’ll be running through it as soon as I can!

2 Likes

Turns out I missed Sidney way more than I thought I did, and I’m super stoked for the full release!!

3 Likes

Glad to see part two in progress now! :smiley:

1 Like

Updated version of the preview demo now available! As others have helpfully pointed out before on this forum, I suggest opening the link in a private/incognito window if you aren’t seeing any changes (as I had to when I playtested the new upload).

Still working on arranging the beta (finally catching up after all the delays :sob:), but it is coming together and, as promised, I will let you know as we get closer to that. Thanks!

12 Likes

Eeeee! :grin: I can hardly sit still and type right now because I’m so psyched THE TIME IS NIGH, WE SHOULD BE READY TO LAUNCH PHASE 1 OF THE STAGGERED CLOSED BETA AT THE END OF THIS MONTH! It has been a longer time coming than we had hoped or anticipated, but things seem to finally have gotten back on track. :knock on wood:

When that happens, our testers will get a private message with more details and a link, but I thought I should go ahead and double check that my list is complete ahead of time. So far I have the following volunteers who reached out to me (in no particular order, though it won’t let me @ you all, sorry):

Vanessa_Pang
Curious_Boy
DarkSoul
AngelOfTheBroken
almostinsane
Zsero
Terrell_Williams
Andras1993
Crater18
Lizzy
MichaelMaxwell
sammyboy
@Eric_Hones
@oblivions
@JamesiaInc
@Aesthetics

Again, it has been a while since some people first put their names in, so I understand if something has changed. Let me know and I will edit the list. Same goes to people who are looking to jump on board at the last minute, I’m always happy to add! :wink: And if you volunteered and I have somehow missed you on the list entirely, then I grovel in apology and please let me know so I can fix that.

Otherwise, YAY!!! Now back to work on finishing edits…

14 Likes

YEAY!! congrats!! XD so hype!!
im quite busy with my own game right now, but that doesn’t mean i wouldn’t love to playtest your game XD.so… please count me in~ i would love to be a “typo hunter” again~ :grin:

2 Likes

YAAY!! Pops fireworks, blows on one of those party horns that extend when you blow on them

Alright! Kinda excited for this! I’m not much of the typical typo hunter. I’m more of a plot analysis, character analysis, stuff like that. Also, it’s probably a bad idea to playtest while working on my own game, but it’s been a good solution for my writer’s block so why not?!

Can’t wait! Hope everything goes well! :grinning:

Also, @Curious_Boy , you have a game?! Wow, awesome!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve ever been more excited for a sequel, or any game for that matter, in my whole life! I would absolutely love to help test whatever you want if you need any more people. The anticipation is real. :grin:

2 Likes

YAYYYY does a little dance around her room Im so hyped!!!

2 Likes

So excited for this! I can’t wait!! :tada: :fireworks::grin:

3 Likes

still working on it, and it still in the brainstorming stage… so i have nothing to show for now :blush:.

i know right!!?? XD the hype is real!! XD

2 Likes

:imp: HHWT BETA TEST IS LIVE!!! :smile:

Phase one has been uploaded and sent to the volunteers. If your name is on the list, but you did not receive your message with the link or you are having problems with it, please let me know!

I have also let our testers know that they are free to discuss the sequel plot here if they would like to, though bug reports and other concerns should stay on the private threads. Really, I just hope everyone likes what we’ve got so far. It’s been so much work, but I think it’s paying off.

How soon phase 1 gets done (or at least is has been tested thoroughly enough for me to be satisfied we’ve caught as many potential problems as possible) will determine when phase 2 starts. Stay tuned for updates! THANK YOU!!! :grin:

13 Likes