Have Human, Will Travel! (SYP sequel WIP) - Demo available!

Hi there!

Is there still an option for signing up for testing?
If yes, then I’d like to. :slight_smile:

Lucky you, there is! No date for when exactly that will start (very soonish, I hope!), but I will add you to the list. Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

I would LOVE to enter the giveaway… But… I’m not really in the US… So… Well, it’s still nice supporting the game! :smile:

1 Like

It’s not going to be a huge package or anything. For just this once, to set the tone for the new year, I would be willing to bite the bullet and ship international, so it’s up to you. :smirk:

1 Like

:laughing: I’m gonna tell you, I’m not in Canada right now, I’m in Indonesia… so, if I were you, I wouldn’t :wink:

But I’ll make an entry anyways! Because I love SYP :heart:, If I end up winning, pick another winner :laughing:

P.S: … I’m trying to figure out how to link reviews…

2 Likes

Aww, thank you!!! Indonesia sounds really interesting, but yeah, expensive. :dizzy_face: Support appreciated, regardless. Good luck over there and thanks again! At least there is still the beta test to look forward to (at some point…soon…ish ahem). :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Seeing an update on this thread gets me hyped up like Steroid Suzie. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDLHeUgr39Y

1 Like

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to drop an update on our progress for those who are curious.

So, part of what has made this sequel so labor intensive is that there really are completely separate paths you can take through chapter 2, that will determine what information you have, which dimension you get an up close look at, and who the other members of your party are for the rest of the game. Those, in turn, impact the additional romance choices (yep, we has those) and how alternate timelines play out.

That’s also why I want to do a staggered beta, because the scope of this project is so vast I want to make sure we can cover as much ground as possible, but also not burn people out on the entire game testing process too early. While typos and flow are important, I’ll also be asking our volunteers to look for characters popping up who shouldn’t be there and other continuity errors, as well as making sure readers feel their MC still has plenty of room to express their personality and be true to their choices. We want to stay true to the tone and style of the first, but we have been taking a lot more risks, implementing more (and bigger) choices, and covering way more literary ground that has really pushed the parameters of our creative abilities. In a good way, I think. Whew!

It’s been a labor of love, but also a time-consuming process, even without the other assorted snags we’ve hit along the way. We just really want to make this the best game we can. Thanks again for everyone’s patience. I’m always happy to answer (not too spoilery, haha) questions. I will try to get better at posting regular updates as we get ready (but if I don’t, it’s usually because I’m using that time to write, code, and edit, so please don’t be too disappointed)!

Thank you!!! Happy Heart Day, mofos! :imp::revolving_hearts:

26 Likes

I wanna help if possible :slight_smile:

Oh! Oh! I’m curious!! :raised_hands:

… You’ve got me hyped…

… You’ve gotten me SO hyped!

… So bloody damn hyped, my heart can’t take it!!

Died of overhype…

Not much, aside from the obvious “WHEN’S THE TEST GONNA BE?!”

Sorry for the excitement, everyone’s celebrating Valentine’s day, and I’m here… in my room… all by myself, staring a computer screen writing codes…

In any case! My patience is still going! I await your marvellous game! And hope you have a Happy Heart Day as well!

And to all of you other single peeps, Happy Singles Awareness Day!!

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Added to the list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, while I’m at it, maybe there are some folks out there who would like to provide some helpful feedback. I have two polls and I’m very interested in the community’s thoughts.

First up, in order to accommodate both new and old players, in the “fresh” character creator for the sequel, we provide Sidney as an automatic companion, but as friends only, with the relationship approval score mid-range rather than as high or low as you could get it in SYP. Now, I am rethinking that stance and wondering if I should include an option for the player to choose whether Sidney starts with you or not.
EDIT TO ADD: Naturally, if you load a saved game, your relationship with Sidney imports over however you left it.

• Yes, please! I couldn’t stand to be mean to Sidney, but since Have Human, Will Travel! promises so much replayability, I might be interested in a playthrough where I can see what it is like if Sidney is not around.
  • Yes, but also let us choose whether we are in a romance with Sidney, too.
  • No way! I either love Sidney so much that I can’t stand the thought of even one playthrough without my BFF, or else I want to work hard to alienate Sid all by myself in an imported save from So, You’re Possessed!
  • No, we trust your creative vision, believe in letting return players have bonus unlocks or other progress rewards like these, and/or think you should keep it as is.

0 voters

Second, you may remember when we posted the rough draft teaser pre-beta demo of the game. It was taken down not only because of the Dropbox drama, but also because we have since moved all the way on to final draft preparations. Even though we are committed to doing closed beta for reasons I’ve already mentioned in this thread, maybe we could preview that same section again in its polished form as an open preview demo?

• Yes, I want to read that whether or not I participate in closed beta.
  • I don’t think that’s really necessary or would rather wait for whole game.

0 voters

Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

I’m in the I love Sidney too much and she has to be there boat. :grin:

4 Likes

I know I’m probably just procrastinating on working on my own game, but I can’t wait for Have Humans, Will Travel!

I would still love to test for you! :smile:

Sidney is one of my favorite ROs in a game, it would break my heart to go back to just friends with her again :broken_heart:

1 Like

I’d love to help out and beta test if it’s ok if I can only get in depths a few times a week :disappointed_relieved:

I have had to force myself to not read other WIPs on this forum due to time constraints, so I know the feeling, haha! Hopefully, I will have more tangible information on beta test start dates soon, though making some of the changes people have voted for on the polls will definitely take extra time! :wink:

No worries! I’ll be happy to include you in the private message thread when that starts and you can contribute when and what you can. I don’t yet have a start date, though, so no pressure. Yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i know right Sidney is totes adorable (i can’t believe i just typed that :joy:)

3 Likes

-pokes @MizArtist33-

I’m excited to see update info! Think about how much “street cred” we’ll have at Imaginarium if we all have sequels in the bag. We were already the coolest people there.

2 Likes