Halloween Game Jam

It’s going to be a short story :joy:

I have written chapter1, 2, and the endings. Currently writing 3 but I’ve only finished editing 1
I want to upload it So it’ll inspire Me to get a move on :jack_o_lantern:

@poison_mara alright I will. thanks for the jam. I hope dashingdon agrees.

@Autumn19
Mine would be paranormal, I leave the reader to decide if horror falls under :jack_o_lantern:

@CC_Hill Eggxactly

6 Likes

If only I could take time off work to write. There’s always the weekend, of course.

6 Likes

hmmm

hmmm

3 Likes

I need help. I am European and I am not familiar with the American army, As a new officer on the field in a war how many men would I be in charge 5 8 10? I want to make it realistic.

1 Like

A newly commissioned officer can lead anywhere from 16 to 44 soldiers.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this was asked yet, and if so then feel free to refer me to the post; but I’m curious as to how everyone’s going about their stories in regards to endings (whether the story is going to be completed or if it’s just in the planning.)

I’m interested in knowing if there will be one ending that ties everything together, multiple small endings, or one major ending with small ones sprinkled in?

4 Likes

In my case there is several different endings that doesn’t tie to each other. That is the best option for a game with The 3 fates and Eldrich horrors in space. In base of your choices the results are too diverse to tied them… Like let yourself being possessed by a Eldrich tentacle … It is not good idea. Or brain Maggots.

SERIOUSLY NOT

4 Likes

But… The promise of unlimited power… That’s a good deal right? Right? :grimacing:

I was planning on having a few endings, one major ending which might function as a good ending as far as cosmic horror goes (in order to qualify as cosmic horror good endings aren’t allowed :sweat_smile:) and maybe two more endings one serving as a more grim ending and another that will be downright awful maybe?
I’ll probably have a bit done, by the deadline. It won’t be finished so this is all planning for the foreseeable future. :grin:

4 Likes

My plan is to have a few different endings for each route, like some VN’s do.
The two routes available at first would also have early endings of just saying ‘fuck this’ and leaving, which would be where the jam version cut off, if I still had any hope of getting that far before Halloween.

7 Likes

If only characters in our favorite horror media had this amount of foresight. “oh! A spooky noise! Let’s investigate!” “Oh! A haunted house! Let’s go spend the night and film it!” “oh! A cursed macguffin! Let’s use it!” I could go on… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s why my character was the only one to survive a Call of Cthulhu oneshot. :laughing:

He decided to leave (can’t remember the reason, this was years ago. Maybe I had already gotten the jewel I was there to steal?), and was therefore outside the 20miles radius of the explosion resulting from the rest of the characters saving the world.

7 Likes

Will be livestreaming beginner CS support in about 30 minutes. No one has messaged me yet, so not sure what I’ll be doing then. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t remind people! Less work that way! I don’t actually have anything to fix unfortunately which is a shame. :sweat_smile:

@brushmen
Nothing to fix because there isn’t much there, so mostly bad haha.

That’s a good thing. :wink:

3 Likes

Time to code that RPG system, then! :wink:

Actually, that is what I usually do, when I feel like coding, and don’t have anything specific to work on. It takes forever, though! :laughing:

2 Likes

Ok, not sure if anyone can see the current livestream. The scheduled livestream doesn’t work. Please say hi in the chat if you can see the current stream. :sweat_smile:

Stream over. Thanks for checking it out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

UPDATE
@dashingdon has been so wonderful to add the Halloween Jam checkbox in the edition of dashingdon page so you can let clear you are a part of the Halloween Jam

So, You know, what you have to press if you make your game on Choicescript.

Dashing don is so awesome!

8 Likes

Yay!!! That’s great Mara, thanks for proposing that To Dashington and that’s so cool Dashington agreed…

That is going to be a great way to list all the games made for the jam :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Three endings, with small variations sprinkled in. If I can finish it in time, that is.

nope.

The smartest choice anyone can make.

That’s great!

3 Likes

Flag your game for the Halloween Jam “Contest” Hmmm… Still hate this. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes