Guns of Infinity

low-fantasy
gender-locked-male

The Curtain of Storms isn’t a wall, it’s a curtain.

Like a shower curtain.

Of death.

Maybe the curtain of storms will go away if we throw enough elves at it.

Let’s genocide them.

Though to be fair humans are the inferior species. If Baneless are to be ruled by banebloods then banebloods are to be ruled by elves.

So Baneless are like the bitches bitch.

Though I admit it’s interesting playing the inferior race. I wonder how their inferiority will play out. I’d imagine Elven world dominance unless something drastic happens. Especially since its an objective fact that humans are inferior. I’d welcome our elven overlords.

“Hmph, I see.” scribbles

It’s actually residing by the rate of 20-30 km per century
On the downside the MC probably won’t live to see it when it’s gone
On the plus side the elves will finally be humbled by the dwarf riding emus

"Don’t you see?! Elven supremacy is the only truth!

I still don’t really think that Dwarves would choose to ride on light and fast emus, rather I think they would prefer the heavy and powerful rams and bulls.

Tierra will not allow herself to be ruled by some Elven overlords or elven puppets! Tierra will only be ruled by Tierrans, and Tierrans alone.

Ha! Foolish knave, you think the dwarves are in control ? It’s those evil birds
They’re the ones who bought Caz a comission in the dragoons so that they can spy on us grabs tinfoil shako

Do you want to get visited by II commandos that don’t officially exist ?
Because that’s how you get visited by II commandos that don’t officially exist

Doesn’t matter what Tierra thinks. To be fair it would make sense for mankind to be under Elves. They are right to think of humans like animals honestly. Can see humans being pets like dogs or something, except dogs are better than most humans so who knows?

I dunno it just makes perfect sense for me for humans to be ruled by elves seeing how humans are inferior to them and with their long lifespans they can make much better rulers than any human lord. Humans just can’t even compete there or anywhere.

Objectively speaking they would make better lords than any human.

Come on, man!! Where does the dignity of being a human goes?!

Humans are humans but they are inferior so… can’t ignore the truth.

Then again in real life I don’t really care about any country as one would usually care for their homeland so to me it’s the same thing. Well we’re inferior, oh well who cares that’s just how it is. I’d rather have the most capable person doing the job rather than an objectively inferior person.

HERESY!!!

Actually, they’re canonically not superior to humans, just far longer lived. Which means they have a much longer time to develop, master and employ their skills than humans do. A 30 year old Takaran is equal of a 30 year old human, in fact, the latter may be more mature since the former has more “youth” to waste. How many of us spent a strong majority of our childhood doing absolutely nothing of value today? raises hand

But sure, there’s an argument to be had that elderly Takarans would make for extremely competent rulers. Thing is, you’re assuming they’ll be completely benevolent. I’m picturing more:

Every human is an exploited minimum wage worker under the all-encompassing Greater Realm of Takara. None of us are allowed to vote, it’s acceptable (and strongly encouraged by the state) to bar us from schools/universities, we have absolutely no labour rights, law enforcement viciously suppress any demonstrations against our oppression, Imperial Intelligence secretly engineers famines to keep our population at manageable levels and whatever other creative ways to keep humanity in chains.

Not to mention that people discovered to be from the old “aristocratic” bloodlines (baneless mobs were encouraged to violently depose and systemically execute their baneblooded overlords along with their families.) of humanity are dragged off in the night by Imperial Intelligence, never to be seen again. Because of course a fascist Takara would consider baneblooded humans an existential threat.

That’s of course, completely unlikely to happen anytime soon because Takara seems to content to impose a hegemony (Sorry: “enlighten”) over lesser powers and I’m sure even the most reactionary of Takarans would consider that abominable. But I’m having dark visions of an industrialized Takara in the distant future, full of existential terror and state paranoia.

Honestly still sounds pretty good. Then again in Cyprus you basically can’t vote since every candidate is horrible and pretty much everyone acknowledges that. Minimum wage would even be great! I’d actually go for that since it sounds much better than what situation I’m in but I’d imagine I’m the minority here.

Longer life and all of them having stronger power over the bane? Yeah they are superior.

…Well, uh, to each his own I suppose…:astonished:

Well I’m not even allowed to work for money in this country so… hell minimum wage sounds amazing.

In fact life under takarans sounds pretty close to what my family has been hoping for 15+ years now ._.

Might I ask what exactly is so bad? I’m extremely curious what kind of condition Cyprus is in that living under the hellish combination of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and early 1900s U.S with just an unhealthy dash of The Galactic Empire sounds appealing.

I’m a legal immigrant here. So basically that means we’re in a worse situation than any illegal immigrant in this country since at least they’d get free stuff I’d assume.

Pretty much a “citizen” but we have no rights that the citizens have. Can’t work, if we do we’d be deported, have to deal with renewal of visa every year which is a hellish process in and of itself. Like… gods It’s actually really, really bad. Horrible enough that my mother had a few mental breakdowns because of it.

Great example is them denying an application just because. There have been a few times I came to them with the exact same documents 4 times and they only accepted them on the 4th time and said yeah I brought everything.

Heck in regards to this I applied for visa almost a year ago and I still didn’t get it. Ticking time bomb of stress. Fun!

I’d argue at this point that you can cross off the “southern” since parochial attitudes that push forward the needs of the powerful few and cover up their exploitation of the masses by agitating sectarian and ethnic violence has become pretty widespread in the US.

Also, @Blazerules, wow. I always heard people saying bad things about Cyprus and Greece, but I didn’t know how bad. I hope things get better, or that you at least move to somewhere with a less shitty immigration policy.

Honestly the public sector is absolute trash and a joke here. If you ignore those issues, like if I was an actual citizen, things would be nice. Because besides that? Country is really nice to live in. It’s quiet, relatively crime free, people are friendly.

But having the threat of deportation constantly hanging over you, which is extremely stressful, kind of makes that an issue for me. Especially since where would we get deported? Russia? We have literally nothing in Russia. We’d be homeless. I can’t even read or write in Russian. Which only adds to the stress and anxiety of the whole thing.

I’d honestly take living in an oppressive regime over this since I already have practically no rights here anyways. I’d also get a bonus of having the ability to have a job so it’s even a step up in that regard, plus no stress of deportation. Still pretty horrible but its more of a side grade, with less stress.

EDIT:
This even reminded me how my mother moved here because she has health issues that arise in a cold climate… so that’s just even more complications sadly.

Pretty much why I saw living under Takarans as not that bad.

I’ll admit I’m extremely jealous of you guys who don’t have to worry about such things. Having a country you can call home sounds really nice :confused: