Guns of Infinity

gender-locked-male
multi-part
low-fantasy

@Cataphrak

If an MC captured his daughter, will there be issues from Khorobirit later?

That look of hatred she sends you and the “she will remember this” line seem to foreshadow that either she or Khorobirit will attempt to take vengeance at some point in the future. Plus, this is an option that leaves you debt free before debt even becomes a factor. For the sake of balance, there have to be some serious consequences for it.

My advice: don’t keep Karol of Loch too close.

The problem is, that Khorobirit is the Lord and Master of his self he can decide to go about constructing the industries required for the expansion of a war effort and finance it all by himself.

Tierra is beholden to… well, the Cortes which isn’t really a vote of confidence to me considering they can and will block any reform efforts because progress is bad.

@Elfwine, so who is the protagonist? Who will be the catalyst Tierra needs to reforge it into something better than itself? Britain required France and Spain, France required Germany, Germany required a lot of people, and Russia needed Sweden and the Ottomans. Tell me, if Khorobirit isn’t the prime suspect who do you reckon it is? Takara? Kian? Why would they care, Tierra is primed for fall and it won’t take much effort.

I suspect Khorobirit has been a catalyst there, whether or not the future makes that more so or not.

Antar had nothing like him in King Alaric’s War, or if it did he wasn’t at sea.

I’m honestly more afraid Tierra will shake itself to bits than that Khorobirit will do it for the immediate future.

Because Khorobirit isn’t by the sea.

Get it?

Khorobirit learns and he got some other Princes to think about this stuff too. Jughsavil and Norribirit for one. He’ll also force the Antari to change as well to prevent Khorobirit from dominating them.

Secondly, do you think that’s enough to save them from Takara and Kian? I have a feeling that Khorobirit roaring at the top of his lungs that he wants Miguel dead and Tierra a chattel house will inspire… drastic measures especially if he becomes Tsar and Autocrat of all the Antars.

But that’s just me and besides, this is always a fun little debate.

It’s certainly going to provoke a response, I’ll grant that.

Anything else - well, I’m wondering what Khorobirit wants besides his family, Miguel’s head on a pike, and a few new “I heard a really funny joke.” “What was it?” “I can’t tell you that, I impaled the serf who told it to me.” stories.

Until we see that I have nothing new.

It’s probably a vast escalation from, “I just want to kick their asses to become ‘First amongst equals’ but noooo, they had to be assholes and kick my ass and murder my wife.”

For some reason, I’m imagining that in a voice like Alan Rickman’s.

It fits the attitude I think of when I think of Khorobirit.

I don’t know who Alan Rickman is, but I’m going to pretend that I do just to appear hip and cultured.

Ahem

Well said, good sir.

Shame on you

It’s a very particular sort of suffering fools (or enemies) poorly, in a “I suppose you can’t help being so stupid.” way.

Khorobirit’s view on serfdom is conservative, but not reactionary. He firmly believes that the baneless are profoundly inferior human beings, but he also believes that while they are inferior, they can still be motivated (or manipulated) using the same levers as his baneblooded “peers”.

In short, he’s willing to give individual serfs a leg up if they “deserve” it, and it benefits him, but he doesn’t necessarily have a longstanding opposition to the institution of serfdom.

Though that being said, this is still a “conservative” stance by Tierran standards. By Antari ones, it’s rather liberal.

Oh yes, from both of them.

So will Aleksandra be more Elizabeth or Catherine?

Just curious.

So the wrath of the Khorobirits???

Serfdom seems abhorrent to Tierrans from the MC’s perspective at least. Are the characters around the MC less conservative than the Tierran norm?

Not necessarily. Most Tierrans (including conservative ones) consider serfdom abhorrent, but they also consider it a part of Antari character, and not something that must necessarily require urgent change.

So Antari baneless are particularly incapable of leadership from the Tierran perspective?

As I understand it, looking at the different ways to respond to Lewes’s brevet rank, the average Tierran baneblood considers the baneless to be lacking the natural qualities baneblood bestows, but is open to at least academic consideration of certain exceptional individuals defying the rule (to a limited extent).

A conservative Tierran would regard that as something closer to “but sooner or later their luck will run out”.

Consider how Hunter doesn’t offer a rejoinder when Karol of Loch all-but says “you might treat baneless differently in Tierra, but this is Antar, things are different”.

Antari baneless might be oppressed far beyond their desserts, but to most Tierrans, that’s just the way Antar is.

@Cataphrak Would Khorobirit regard someone like Lewes having (temporary) officer’s rank as particularly absurd?