Guns of Infinity

gender-locked-male
multi-part
low-fantasy

We can just sail it to their harbours. That won’t lead to any problems. I’m sure the Takarans won’t mind if we donate our fleet to the Kian.

In which case the Takarans would almost certainly convoy up, making commerce raiding about as effective as it was during the War of 1812.

“Nuh-uh! No I don’t!”
-Every Canadian government since 1956.

If you guys did it once, maybe we wouldn’t have Trump since he wouldn’t be able to say our allies are screwing us.

#BlameCanada.

“Okay, you guys sacrifice your entire navy in a suicidal attack so we can land a massive invasion on Takaran shores.”

“…Um, where do we benefit from this?”

“We promise not to immediately annex your kingdom afterwards.”

I think Tierra’s best bet would be to use their navy as commerce raiders based around small groups of frigate wolfpacks, attacking Takara shipping and overseas supply lines. While we don’t have the resources to eat casualties and go toe to toe with Takara’s Navy like Kian can, we can force the elves to divert significant resources to protecting their shipping and hopefully deprive their land forces of vital supplies.

Aaaand there goes that plan.

This is where “to catch a commerce raider, send a better commerce raider.” warship design then leaves the RTN as ashes floating on the waves, isn’t it?

Honestly what our plan should be is to create an army of airships armed with firebombs. And teach the knife ears a lesson about aerial supremacy.

HMS Newcastles as far as the eye can see.

our best bet against tarkara would be strong defenses like the ones I mentioned above and privateers/ raiding parties and ships whose job is to harry not invade the tarkarans

So about those airships, when are you going to add a Gryphon figurehead to them?

:wink:

Dare I ask what ship you mean?

Hey it was good enough for a white peace despite some truly spectacular blundering…

I was afraid it was going to be that.

Which is why I mentioned getting airships and firebombing the Takarans from the air.

I’m really not trying to imagine how “hydrogen is highly flamable” and “Takarans can manipulate the bane without seals” combine, Bryce. Seeing pictures of the Hindenburg disaster has kind of lead me to be mildly pyrophobic.

You build engines Elf, steampunk style. And you borrow white phosphorus bombs.

@Bryce_Kaldwin

What part of “pyrophobic” suggests that I want to imagine that either?

“Fire for everyone!” sounds like it’ll lead to at least three Kian proverbs within a week, though.

“It’s good enough to get exactly what your opponent wanted” doesn’t sound too encouraging to me.

There has to be a way. The Takarans are not omnipotent otherwise Kian wouldn’t exist.