Guns of Infinity

But how will we counter this invasion? How will they get to the UK? Do the emu swim or do they have some sort of bane enchantment to walk on water?

Who are you talking about? Dwarves?

Water walking emu of course.

If you think of an invasion by Dwarves, then the last thing you’ll be expecting will be ironclads powered by banecastings and each ship will be full of heavy armoured troops and armoured buffalos.

The dwarves have ships made entirely of vicious emus standing on top of each other to form a ship, powered by baneruned steam engines. Somehow.

All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

So kinda like ants that all grab hold of one another to form a raft?

Precisely, just with pissed off manic-depressive dwarves on deck.

BTW, previously @Cataphrak was talking about Takaran flagships and I think I finally had the idea of their look and designs. In which they can be like this:

HMS Warrior.

The big difference of course, will be the size will be doubled, the cannons are located on the first deck only, while below are for troops, cavalry, supplies etc. etc. And of course powered by banecasting sails and reinforced with baneruned hull.

Hey! @Cataphrak, what will happens if a chainshot attempts to rip through a banecast sail?

I not sure what more scary, the birds all pile together like that or the short guys riding that mess waving hammers or axes at us.

Smashing every single face and splitting every single skull that they can find on sight.

I like it how in the bad ends file, the end with this quote:“Come now, my brothers: one must never think of martyrdom as a matter of choice.”
—Sir Talbott d’al Cazarosta, his last words
Comes right before the end with this quote: “It is not uncommon for a lack of sense to be mistaken for a surfeit of bravery.”
—King Edwin I of Rendower, upon observing the last moments of Sir Talbott d’al Cazarosta at the Battle of Montjoy

Why are we so certain the Dwarves will be the dominant party here? For all we know it may be the Emus who ride the Dwarves. I imagine they’re crafty enough to take control of a society whose only concerns are gold, mining, and smithing.

I wonder what the survivor(s) who heard those last words must have been thinking afterward…

We better lure them into traps with piles of gold and shoot them with shotguns.

An idea just occurred to me.

What if the Earl of Leoniscourt has Caius transferred to the Order of Saint Talbott, and then dies? As the sole remaining member, would that make Caius the Grandmaster by default?

Gold? Pfft, worth nothing to the short folk. It’s so common deep down in the mines that they make their toilets out of it. Now a pair of well-made, unworn socks, that’s how you could bribe a dwarf to strangle their own mother.

I would suggest His Majesty’s Government begin stockpiling vast reserves of fine Aetorian socks, in the hopes of simply buying our nation’s freedom.

Also you could just summon a dragon. Dwarves can’t beat dragons.

The dragon of Cunaris or the dragon of the emperor of Kian’ze?

House Findlay’s coat of arms is a dragon…

Foreshadowing King Renard III uniting the Infinite Sea and driving back the Dwarven menace?

Exactly, the Red dragon of Cunaris will triumph over the Dwarves and eat all their rings because they could.

Socks piff… Give them whiskey much better than whatever dirt tasting drinks they have. Plenty of Kentauri whiskey in their bellies they were die from it, be knocked out cold or their start a drunken fight with each other.