Guns of Infinity

Flee to mersadon with king ransom him and use money to buy mercenaries

Look up all the assinations in history it has worked before it can and will work again

There are not many I can think of where the assassin has lived to benefit from it that have also been this “First, we assume that the security is incapable of doing their jobs.”

And why should people believe a single poor baron over the king? You will need actual solid proof, and you just doing this in such a manner just makes it more clear that you have none.

Also you can’t just declare yourself king. That’s not how it works. There is not a single Duke who you could bribe. Loyalty means a lot and if their loyalty can be bought? Yeah they wont ever be trusted by anyone. Why should the next king trust them? Why should anyone? Plus you don’t have the coin to bribe them.

Also take note that none of the kings men would obey your orders. So its you +2 men vs every single armed soldier in the capital + everyone else. You have no men who would side with you. In fact after the shooting people would hear it, rush you and disarm or kill you. Its a failed plan.

We would capture him and use him as our ticket outta there then get onboard a ship which would be guarded by my men say 50 and then sail to mersadon to ransom the king

Wait, are you denying the Glorious Royal House of Ravaillac, who magically became the rightful kings of France after their first sovereign stabbed Henri IV to death?

You can take evidence it’s been done thousands of times in history and with some good forgets could be done again

I’m just saying that the odds of you letting someone emulate them aren’t very high. :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue:

So you are in fact, saying that if you commit regicide you are more likely to say… be arrested, tortured, and be pulled apart by horses than become king? Almost as if political legitimacy isn’t something you can magic up at the point of a blade?

Wow, fancy that.

Why would anyone believe that Miguel, the man who went to war for 12 years against the greatest empire in the North in order to preserve Tierran independence, would just sell out the kingdom to the Takarans for no reason?

A. How are you gonna take the capital?
B. Why would anyone recognize a completely illegitimate usurper?

Hi ho ho he did not have support or any troops not even one or a plan. He just killed the king

You wouldn’t live long enough to accomplish that. Because its you in a palace vs the Grenadiers. How exactly do you plan on dealing with them should you kill the king?

And if you go with the running away plan. Okay you ran away.

You have no house. Your family is imprisoned and hates you. Your family has lost all of what little reputation it had. Your family name is now in the dirt and known as traitors.

You have some mercs. Congratulations. What do you plan on doing with them? Do you plan on out bribing them over the UK who would no doubt try to pay them to bring you to them? Lets just say you don’t have the coin.

Also you are ignoring the RTI who would kill you should everything else fail.

So… just like the MC in your plan???

And your plan is different how?

Neither do you the fuck are you on about?

In this scenario I would not kill the king so it is not regicide I would capture him and ransom him

It’s weird, I know.

Correct me if I’m missing something outside of Europe, but aren’t even all the cases where someone did take power blatantly because “My sword is sharp.” ones where they had some way of presenting that as totally not the same thing as this?

Even in Byzantium at its most degenerate you had to have the army willing to support you long enough to lift you on a shield, looking within Europe.

There has to be some example in which someone seized power without a scrap of legitimacy and got away with it, but I can’t think of any.

So an attempt to commit regicide as an opening can put you on the throne so long as you have a small army of dubious loyalty and dubious quality, bound together by little more than promises.

I’m sure Robert Catesby would be most gratified to hear that.

Ransom king not kill him bud

This is not the gunpowder plot

This is the literal reply to ransoming him. Because you wouldnt have money to get mercs otherwise.