Guns of Infinity

low-fantasy
gender-locked-male

Have you ever heard of sharing?

@unoriginal_username the tabletop games for WH 40k are great but I’d recommend you stay away from the video games except dawn of war 2

Dawn of War 1 is a pretty great game too, and Space Marine was a good, if not exactly revolutionary, hack and slasher.

Though its true that beyond those two and a handful of others, most 40k games are pretty rubbish.

I just wish the awesome lore was used for something more than selling expensive pieces of plastic

@Cataphrak, is that the helmet of the Royal Dragoons can be described as: A Tarleton helmet with red plume over white plume draped in the style of an English Hussar’s fur cap with a red dragon on a silver crest?

You know a crest helmets like this minus the fur on it

with plumes like this

Scotland is too divided to care. The millenials care most.

I know Eternal Crusade is coming to console (though whether it’s good or not is still up for debate, I’ve heard both).
Yet i have seen that loads of people seem excited over the reveal of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. That might be promising.

I’d recommend against getting the eternal crusade, you have a ton of lag, a horrible combat system, and not to mention that there’s no balance with the premium players dominating(especially with having weapons that can kill you with one hit)

Eh, the game is incredibly mediocre but it is also mostly free and can fulfill that 40k fantasy for a bit. I experience no lag personally, and there are no good OHK weapons. Even if there were, you can get those very easily yourself with minimal time investment.

The real issue is that the game is being “developed” at a snail’s pace and that the current playerbase is only big enough for Loyalist Space Marines vs Chaos Space Marine, except maybe on Saturdays and Sundays.

Eternal Crusade is like Space Marine, but clunkier. It was a pass for me. I loved DoW1 up to Dark Crusade (Soulstorm does not exist), and DoW2 was great until Retribution, but Last Stand is best mode ever.

Don’t have enough praise for Battlefleet Gothic Armada, but Eldar is broken as hell.

Haven’t had the pleasure of trying Battlefleet Gothic yet, but I agree with this statement anyway.

What is with various game developers and being unable to properly balance the Eldar? It happened throughout DoW1, was only slightly fixed in DoW2, and is apparently the case in Battlefleet Gothic.

I’ll admit, I play Soulstorm on occasion in order to experience the boundless comedy it has to offer.

Also, I take the same attitude with DoW 3 that you do with Soulstorm.

The comedy which the Codex Astartes refers to as STEHL REHN?

I honestly don’t remember the Eldar ships being that broken, but I haven’t played in a while.

Or the fact that the ENEMY HIDES IN METAL BOXES, THE COWARDS, THE FOOLS

In spite of the fact that Chaos Rhinos are a thing.

The one good thing I can say about it is that Scott McNeil basically carried the “story” and he deserves a medal.

I met him at a convention once in high school, and I’m… pretty sure that’s just how he acts all the time.

Life goals: Obtain every Space Marine Battles book, every Ciaphas Cain book, and every Horus Heresy book.

I fear that last one will be relatively difficult.

Also, I play Space Marines. Eldar are hard to catch on the best of days with any other race but are nigh impossible to beat as Marines.

I’m looking at every scary grand empress dowager Chinese history Jesus when they know how to wield those other levels of power it’s brutal for everyone involved. Sadly only very few of them are not the grandmas from hell.

I think the problem was that for their control over the empire to be overt, the exterior (male-dominated) mechanics of imperial power had to be in enough of a state of breakdown to no longer maintain even the fiction of an effective emperor.

It wasn’t that the empresses themselves were particularly corrupt, but that they were the strongest remaining figures in a corrupt dynasty.

@Cataphrak, which one is the most powerful and famous/infamous empress of China in your point of view, then?

I would say it’s her:image

“Most infamous” probably has to to to Cixi, if only because her dynasty broke down the most comprehensively, and she was in charge for most of it.

Books and accounts even stated that she dare to use the army fundings for the creation of the Imperial Navy to reconstruct her “backyard lawn”