Guns of Infinity

gender-locked-male
low-fantasy

Possibly, don’t count on it though.

1 Like

I can’t imagine a context where that meeting is pleasant…

7 Likes

Khorobirit, an exile defeated by the other Lords of the Congress, comes to Tierra looking to recruit the core of new army to put him back in power. As an officer with experience and little else to do, we are one of the first approached…

4 Likes

Who knows… well, I still have the crack theory in my head that Aleksandra will, through a series of twists of fate, end up in control of a portion of Antar and enact controversial reforms. She’ll also be the Aleksandr Suvorov of the Infinite Sea.

1 Like

@Cataphrak, it appears Trump is going to try to browbeat Trudeau the Younger, what’s your thoughts on that?

Neither my thoughts, or the PM’s thoughts really matter. This is the price we pay for not having to spend money on our defence and being able to rely on the world’s largest economy as a friendly trading partner and close ally: Trump’s going to do a thing, and Trudeau’s going to have to find a way to mollify him while keeping as much of his own policy intact.

When the empire wants a thing, you don’t have much of a choice but to find a way to accommodate it.

4 Likes

I think the comparisons of Trump to famous fascist leaders are overblown. But it seems like he is becoming more of a Wilhelm II as time goes on. A paranoid, fairly incompetent leader with a inferiority complex. While also being a diplomatic trainwreck.

2 Likes

…That one of the best case scenarios

2 Likes

At least Willy was easier to view as a tragic hero (or at least tragic protagonist/anti-hero of sorts). Trump is just… Trump.

2 Likes

It’s generally easy to view someone favorably when their actions are three to ten times removed from the consequences of your own life. If I was a German eligible for service in 1917 with even a slight affection for any other family members or friends or acquaintances in the service, I suspect I would be no more inclined to like the Kaiser.

3 Likes

Maybe. I suspect he’ll do a better job of gaining the respect of the Putins, Erdogans and Duterte’s of the world even if he makes the Western European social democrats that manage to survive their upcoming re-election campaigns all cringe…

The problem is, Mattis is probably the only person in his cabinet I’d trust right about now, which makes me think that his selection is less out of any genuine ability to spot political talent, and more out of watching that one scene from Generation Kill.

4 Likes

Gen Kelly is pretty good too. He’s no Mattis, but I’d stand with him at the Hot Gates…

His cabinet is mostly fairly standard Republican fare aside from Flynn the crackpot. Bannon the propaganda chief is also different, but he has no policy-making power. Mattis is definitely an improvement over standard Republican fare, Kelly is solid, and it’s quite possible that Tillerson may turn out to be as well, although the jury is still very much out on Tillerson.

If people like Perry and DeVos qualify as “standard republican fare”, then you’ve just made me even more worried.

Which worries me, because Bannon seems to me to be perfectly placed as a bridge between a PotUS who doesn’t understand politics and the rest of his governing apparatus. That means he (and Kushner) get to frame what Trump sees and hears, and how his cabinet sees and hears Trump.

He may have no formal power as a policy-maker, but neither did “Comrade Card-Index”, and we all know how that turned out.

1 Like

Which worries me, because Bannon seems to me to be perfectly placed as a bridge between a PotUS who doesn’t understand politics and the rest of his governing apparatus. That means he (and Kushner) get to frame what Trump sees and hears, and how his cabinet sees and hears Trump.[/quote]

I share some of your concerns regarding the voices whispering in Trump’s ear, nevertheless I will point out that Priebus is the official bridge between Trump and the rest of the apparatus, not Bannon.

[Quote]He may have no formal power as a policy-maker, but neither did “Comrade Card-Index”, and we all know how that turned out.
[/quote]

From what I’ve read and heard, Trump is well aware of the danger of only getting a single opinion. As a result he is known to nurture competition and a diversity of opinions among his subordinates. He doesn’t respect yes-men, and that was Chris Christie’s great downfall…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve brought this up before as the main pitfall with believing yourself to be “on the right side of history” and tailoring your institutions accordingly, because those will be the same tools your opponents will inevitably use to roll back any progress you may have made.

I get the feeling we’ll see how this all shakes out (and what Bannon’s role ends up being) after a few months.

I have to wonder though, given his recent behaviour re: his sparsely-attended inauguration and the subsequent Women’s March if he’d be able to do that when some of their opinions might touch a sore spot especially given how manifestly unknowledgable he seems to be of the actual work and acceptable practices of governance (see: giving himself a pep talk in front of the CIA’s memorial wall for the most recent example).

5 Likes

@Cataphrak

If when we talk to Karol of Loch and tell him he can look us up back in Tierra, will he take the MC up on the offer?

1 Like

When is the next release is it done already or will it take time, and I have a ingame doubts is there a way to do romance with lady wills and how many decorations are actually there in guns of infinity

Bannon is the bridge between “credible facts” and Trump. Trump just stated another “alternative fact” about 3-4 million fraudulent votes this election cycle. This is what our President will be making his decisions based upon. Not the traditional sources that have been used by other Presidents in the past. This worries me a lot.

3 Likes