Guns of Infinity(Pt 2)

gender-locked-male
low-fantasy

I think that “clouding your judgment” has a subjective definition, which could be massaged to refer to any action which involves risk in the name of fulfilling those ambitions. From your own perspective, ambition can’t obscure your judgment, it can only play a part in comprising it.

You don’t need that much blood (a pricked finger will do the trick in a pinch), thankfully. Antari banecasters will generally use their own, since they consider it more potent and more “pure” than that of a serf or a freeholder.

Hunter (like most Tierrans) is a bit less discerning. Blood is blood, and he got his from a surgeon.

Just buy Scimitar if you get the chance.

“reasonable stats for your unit” is mostly independent of your horse or even this chapter.

Can the blood (As well as parchment and wax) only keep for a certain amount of time, and then it can no longer be used for a casting?

Problem is what is the best stats of obtaining Scimitar? And do you have yours to give as an advice? I’ll have to admit that it’s tempting not to have Scimitar as he’s faster than Thunderer and tougher. After all, it’s a difference between having Porsche and a Range Rover

That was my advice. “If the opportunity comes up, buy Scimitar and don’t worry about it.”

If you say so. I’ve never seen anything objectionable about Thunderer.

But I also have to strike a balance of having that Oberlinder and the conditions of the troop of my command. What are your stats by the end if you had Scimitar? Or otherwise I’ll stick to Thunderer for the sequel

Probably pretty much the same as if you don’t?

Given that the “maximize personal stats walkthrough” assumes you take the runegun, so the impact of Campos having it isn’t there, I think you can judge that on your own.

It’s kind of coming off as “Tell me exactly how to play to get exactly the kind of character I want” and that kind of defeats the purpose of this being your choices and your priorities, IMO. Especially when the advice you got is already “Don’t worry about it, it won’t radically change your unit stats.”

It’ll last a couple days. The main problem is that blood left out in the open rots. If you preserve it in a sealed jar or something, it lasts a bit longer.

Can’t disagree with you on that one, really. And I think I started to have a clearer picture on the horses: Thunderer is based on the German Hanoverian, Scimitar and the Oberlinder breeds are very much based on the Russian Tersk and Karachay horse. And Jackrum? quite a bit on the Russian Don as she’s a medium to heavy horse.

no, thunderer is the best out of all horses you can gain.

The biggest problem with getting scimitar is opportunity cost. There aren’t many places to lose your orininal horse, and when you do it generally means you failed a task prior to. The only occasion I know of is the outpost relief. I believe scimitar is therefore mutually exclusive with the runegun.

Do you guys think that Scimitar had eventually end up being Caz’s horse? Both horses are stallions, both are being described as tout looking and both are grey in colour.

Unless picking Scimitar changes the appearance of Cazarosta’s horse, there is nothing concrete to support this.

I was just assuming, afterall Caz knows which is the best, so he in my point of view will know that he should go for Antari Oberlinder breeds. Heaven’s sake!! Caz basically had everything which is from Antar if so: An Antari baneforged guardless sabre and then an Antari horse.

@Cataphrak, will we see the possibilities that the MC to have the chance to purchase foreign horses in Lords, besides of just having their faithful steeds with them?

And the Antari have a lot of horses. What are the odds that he would end up with Scimitar?

The Tierrans wouldn’t give him what he needed or wanted, so he had to murder the Antari for it.

That is exactly my point. He took that sabre from an Antari banelord as a trophy.

Hello, people.

It’s been a while since I was here in the thread (or should I say, in the other thread), and I came back to tell an interesting story.

I was watching a documentary on the Civil War and a historian commented that, after a skirmish with the Union Army, General Jackson had a courier with him, and he asked “Oh, where is Lt. Soandso?” and then an officer mentioned that he was killed a few hours ago, to which Jackson answered “Very commendable, very commendable” and then just took him out of his mind, I suppose. It’s a ruthless anecdote, and I couldn’t help but think a bit of Cazarosta.

Interesting anecdote.

There does seem to be a certain similarity in their eccentricities, though I think Cazarosta has learned how to act like he can do charming better than Jackson ever did (on the other hand, “act like” is a far more appropriate word than anything about Jackson and his social interactions).

How do we lose the initial horse?

Jukka covered it here.