Guns of Infinity(Continuation)

low-fantasy
gender-locked-male

"And this is the esteemed Count Ouen Chi’ma.
“I am certain he comes from a long and prestigious line of powerful banebloods.”
“… He is baneless.”
“… And there’s certainly nothing wrong with that, is there?”

I wish my MC was a Marquis. I don’t care about the stigma; the name just sounds so much fancier.

Better than being Baron nobody i guess. At least the MC have better marriage options and might get invited to dinner parties or clubs more often.

Kian ambassador walks in and is Baneless.

“Uh… do we bow to the baneless Marquess?”

“How about we do a deep head dip?”

“Let’s not insult the ambassador of Kian.”

Swallows pride and bows

This could be a whole lot worst if this Ouais J’eannelouwe is actually baneless.

Or the Provincial Magistrate he serves under.

“The baneless are truly out of control in this country, believing they need better pay. Soon enough they’ll be lords! How is it in your country?”

“Fair enough, although it’s disheartening to hear the baneless are out of control here. My superior conducts himself with a good deal of restraint.”

Kian’ze can truly be the doom of Tierran peerage if we work too frequently with Kian, might else the baneless would something that is a total disaster to the society, let along we’ve made the decision of having some baneless officers in the Royal Navy as well as being hard to make the decision of having baneless officers in the army.

Is that the Ambassador’s confirmed name?

It’s in the Royal intelligence dossier about Katrina, the name is on it, he’s the Marquis of Sansoua.

The role of nobility in both Kian and Takara are vastly different from Tierra, it seems. In Tierra, being baneblooded puts you directly into the role of nobility of some kind, with some of this number being in the govetnment, founded on social contracts thst are supposed to carry doen hereditarily. In Takara, nobility is just a class of landowner outside of the Imperial house, and the contracts that put people into the Senaat (hope I got that right) are temporary by design. In Kian, nobility is conferred and seems to be hereditary, but it seems like the Son of Heaven reserves the right to withdraw, transfer or bolster the titles of any of his subjects if he feels it necessary, outside of the Imperial Princes of course.

Ironically, once again, the role of nobility in society mirrors Antar more than anything (although we don’t really know about M’Hidyossi).

To be fair, the Northern Kingdoms tend to be Calligian/Octavian. It’s not too surprising we share a cultural loathing of the baneless and a fear of centralized government. I mean, the most authoritarian and decentralized province Wulfram is the province that was mostly settled by Antar.

I wonder if Tierra’s radical idea that baneless people should have rights and can be trusted with basic responsibilities was an import of the Kian settlers of Cunaris that slowly spread across the UK?

I think Cataphrak said it was tied to the settler culture origins of Tierra in general, not necessarily any specific region.

But searching through the old thread for the post I’m dimly recalling would take a while.

Less of a while than feared, as it turns out.

Granted, this isn’t entirely the whole of “should have rights and can be trusted with basic responsibility”, but it’s certainly leagues away from Antar.

All that we know is that the settlers of Tierra are that of Calligians from the North, Old M’hidiyossi from the East and Kian from the South. And since Aetoria and Cunaris has the mix of two races of the old age, I’d say that the Tierran society is more influenced by them as they are the first two states that led the Unified Kingdom from the first days of Edwin the Strong.

Tierran society’s foreign roots.

Focus on equity between nobility and individuality = likely Antar influence
Focus on free enterprise for the baneless = likely a mix between the practicalities of settler-lordship and Kian influences, although Kentaur might have had a hand in the modern idea
Focus on authoritarian baneblooded grip over the apparatus of government = Antar again

And we have absolutely no idea how M’hidyos has influenced Tierra, since it appears to be a riddle wrapped in mystery inside an enigma that’s currently disemboweling itself.

The only thing about M’hidyos is that during the days before the Unification, some of the “Old M’hidyossi” colonised other places when civil war broke out during the so call 47th century by the Takarans. And we can only guess that some of the people of the Salt Coast like the Cazarostas had the skin complexion that might reassembles that of the M’hidyossi. But we can’t really determine anything truly, so it’s all bullshit.

@Cataphrak, the guy who introduces Wiltshire to us, is he dead? Just curious to know if we’re ever gonna run into him again since we’ve clearly talked to Wiltshire a few more times as the war continued.

Wiltshire is a full colonel of the 3rd line cavalry, right?

When we first met him he was a Lieutenant. Since he was important enough to be in Havenport’s tent before the Battle of Second Kharangia, I’m guessing he’s a Lieutenant-colonel, since all the other mentioned characters were Lieutenant-colonels themselves (aside from Milton, who we don’t really know anything about.)