Guns of Infinity(Continuation)

low-fantasy
gender-locked-male

I just believe the feudal Dukes will go and crush it out of fear of centralisation. Part of their significant monopoly is the Oath of Montoy and I’m going to call them Treaties of Entry, granting them significant legal precedent and autonomy to keep a decentralised ruling scheme.

Personally, I feel like it’ll be allowing Britain to have an opt out feature whenever you try to centralise. If one of the Dukes just decides not to support it because it’s bad for them, it gets much harder to pass.

It sounds convenient, but they can happen. The only reason they haven’t been happening to our own men (aside from that one incident in Sabres, which was more due to profiteering) is because Cataphrak had decided to be merciful in that regard. In reality, with 200 men at least one person (probably more) is going to fall off their horse or have a defective/poorly-maintained carbine explode on them every now and then.

If her death does turn out to be anything more than a training accident, then depending on who was responsible that might have a significant impact on Cassius as a character, and potentially his thoughts toward his own homeland as well.

But I wouldn’t hold out hope for that; there’s nothing to indicate his mother’s death served any purpose beyond partially explaining how he became the way he is.

Also, considering that the death probably happened decades ago, it would be weird if any new evidence suddenly turned up to suggest otherwise. In real life, there are examples of “cold cases” being solved decades after the crime actually occurred, but those are extremely rare, and usually only possible because of modern technology.

Does anyone have good names for salt coast barony names I am bad with names

I had the same problem, so I chose the name of a French city that I spent my vacation, Nazaire.
Fit me well, Lord Nazaire or Baron Nazaire.

Rainesfield, Stormhill, Windford, Saltbrook, Galehold.

As you can see, I too am bad with names.

But at least they’re thematic.

Rainesfield is generally my go-to choice.

The two of the Salt Coast baronies that I came up with are Gloomy Harbour and End of the Road.

Unfortunately this name doesn’t quite fit, because the Salt Coast barony doesn’t actually start out on the coast :frowning:

And this doesn’t exactly sound like an appealing name for travelers.

Plus, you also need to consider that the name of your Barony is how you will be addressed in the Cortes. “Baron Gloomy Harbour” or “Baron End of the Road.”

It might be emphasized here that the Richshyr training with live ammunition is going to be a thing in regards to training acccidents also.

More than one member of cortes going to snicker at that.

SaltHill, StormFort, Saltpan or Sealand were sound better.

Incoming cross-dimensional law suit from House Cox of the Riverlands

Sorry but that place doesn’t exist anymore and the head of House Cox too scare to come out of his keep.

Plus maybe the MC can get in the salt business. Just dig some big holes in the ground, fill them up with salt water and let it dry.

Thank you for all of the names I would of came up with something stupid like saltkeep or saltfort

The Iron Islands are my to go for names relating to Salt Coast MCs. Hearing Barons Pyke, Wyk, Saltcliffe, Blacktyde and Orkmont are good imo. Though the best is probably Lord Lonely Light.

For Wulfram, the Lannisters and the Westerland are ftw. My main Wulfram MC is either Lord Castamere or Sarsfield.

I usually name my Cunarian barony either Toulouse, Beaumonte or Carcassonne.
Also, while Baron Saltfort doesn’t sound too good, Baron Salforte sounds, at least in my opinion, way better.

For Cunarians the barony names of France are good, as well as some towns in the Reach.

Some even cooler names: Hammerhorn, Shatterstone, Volmark, Stonetree.

Lonelylight that sounds good baron lonelylight

Shattered stone sounds good but could that work for a salt coast main

So a officer who loves it and thrives as a staff officer should be fear or dislike?

Ideally both. At a minimum they should treated with a great deal of suspicion. The MC who is “quite fond of paperwork” would be suspect were he not such a successful commander…

Huh you military men are weird, many of the men in family served but almost all Enlist. Aren’t their any benefits to serving as one and my bf @Lancer mentioned once staff officers can have a little too much fun in their positions.