Guenevere (WIP)

I’m not up to date on where the WIP is but I just wanted to mention that I first played this about a year ago and I’m still hyped as hell to see it keep growing

4 Likes

Well, by golly, don’t stop there! :grinning:

…oh no, my brain is now making up the rest of the limerick… :scream:

…I had no idea… :no_mouth:

:see_no_evil:

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

It is a pretty old limerick, so I assumed most English speakers knew it. The last three lines would go with:
Whenever he’d pass
A presentable lass
The front of his pants would advance a lot…"

Considering bathroom vulgarity was done even back in Roman times (ruins of Pompeii showed it), so assuming there was a privy I would assume something would happen.

11 Likes

Well, English is my second language, though. :blush:

Thanks for sharing, good one. :grin:

2 Likes

Probably depends on country of origin for English speaking in terms of popularity I’ve lived in a few states and limericks aren’t really well known. There are a couple but I’m fighting a cold thinking of specifics is a bit beyond my capabilities at the moment.

3 Likes

I am so looking forward to the rest of Book II!
I can only imagine how much work it takes for the branching plot lines, but they’re absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for making such a fantastic game.

7 Likes

It’s been a looong time since I last read this wonderful piece but having reread it, I’m glad I did. @jeantown you’re one of the best authors in this genre. I couldn’t remember much from my first run in this WIP but the latest is very memorable. Like goodness gracious! I can’t help giggling like a teen at the interactions among the main characters and the scenes! How in the world do you write them? I end up gushing like a teen (I just mentioned that) at really cute scenes–which, I think, is highly inappropriate considering my age.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I’m very much entertained with your work. Wish you success in this!

4 Likes

Here’s something I’ve been curious about for a while, @jeantown: You’ve mentioned before that there are invisible personality stats that the game keeps track of, from how fashionable Guenevere is to how many times she lies to how ruthless or peaceful she is. How many of these personality stats are there?

4 Likes

As many as needed. :wink:

1 Like

Still not dead… just really, really mentally exhausted these days. All my creative energy is going into job stuff right now, all so I can buy myself some time to work on Guenevere this summer (as explained in this blog post). Thus far it’s going pretty well, but it’s taking everything I’ve got. Worth it if I really do get my two months vacation.

@Gregory_Maus Thank you so much, and sorry for the late response! :slight_smile: I’m glad you enjoyed the game, and I hope you’ll like the next part when it’s finally ready!

@Mari_Gold Thank you, that means a lot to me! Right now I miss my characters so much… I’ve read your post several times over the past few weeks to remind myself why I’m doing all this job stuff right now, and what I have to look forward to (writing my characters again) when the job stuff is finally finished. :slight_smile:

@ElvenQueen Right now there are twelve total hidden personality stats, but I don’t know if all of them will end up getting used. I just kind of threw them in when I first started writing the game (Guen Book I is the first thing I ever wrote in ChoiceScript). Sometimes I use them (or plan to use them) to tweak Guen’s inner monologue, or maybe to give her some motivation choices. The ruthless and peaceful stats do a lot, and the lying stat gives you more opportunities to lie the higher it gets. The rest… well, I’m not going to delete them anytime soon, but I’ll just have to see how they pan out as I move forward.

24 Likes

Wow, twelve, huh? So aside from how fashionable, peaceful, ruthless, or deceitful Guen can be, what are the other personality stats?

1 Like

My Guen lives by the immortal words of Sterling Malory Archer, “Lying is, like, 95% of what I do.”

6 Likes

@jeantown
Are there gonna be more lovers for Guen???

Stuff like this I like when it comes to stats and it is written as well as Guenevere, as opposed to dictating the end of the story with no choice from you, the player. :blush:

1 Like

@jeantown

What about not deleting the stats and merely using them occasionary ? you dont have to always use them, for example something being stubborn can allow you to for example keep going but it wont be all that often.

the “hopes and dreams for commercial release” mention that the writer would like to maybe add another f/f option and that it’d most likely be Sir Bretta. Other than that, who knows?

also @jeantown, absolutely love the game and the depth of the personal developement for Guen. Really looking forward to more! Keep it up.

4 Likes

Yeah waiting for it’s offical release.

That… might be a little ways off yet. :stuck_out_tongue: But the dream of seeing Book 2 completed this year should be kept alive. Jean is quite the wonderful trooper for keeping it up so well.

10 Likes

Well it’s been a long Journey from 2013
Also she is a determined one… She does not let this thread get old :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::hugs:
Hands up to @jeantown

2 Likes

Jean is a lady… I think? :grimacing: Should be 100% certain of that myself at this point, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue: