Guenevere (WIP)

I like Arthur. His naivety and innocence is something I find cute, and his faith in his beliefs is something I can respect in a man…

[spoiler]I swear I’m not gay. No matter what all my friends say, I am sexually straight dammit.

It doesn’t mean anything that I always romance him in every run-through of Guenevere that I’ve done, right?

Right?!?![/spoiler]

8 Likes

Arthur is my boyfriend, I’ll take him and Lancelot and Morgana and hell Elaine and Kay can come too, Maris, Bretta, and at least a good 50% of Guenevere’s characters honestly.

10 Likes

I like Arthur, but sadly he’s in the way of Morgana’s and Guen’s marriage. No loose ends and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like

To me, Arthur is the funny man to everyone’s straight man. He really does brighten up the day even if it does come with a side of chores. Without him, everything would just be politics and bland. And don’t forget you Morgana lovers without our marriage to Arthur we would have never met her. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nothing about me or my Guens is straight…

3 Likes

OH MY GOD IVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS CONFIRMATION

24 Likes

It’s not… but maybe Guen will bring about a cultural revolution. :thinking:

@Jaxx Maybe it just means you have an actual imagination and can differentiate fictional settings/characters from yourself?

6 Likes

And now I’m imagining a Guen doing so at swordpoint.

Note: the following is meant playfully and for a very bad pun.

Guen: Morgana, we can now marry.

Morgana: How? Arthur is your husband.

Guen: That’s taken care of. He died of a heart attack last night.

Morgana: By the Goddess, there’s a dagger in his chest.

Guen: I did mention the heart attack, didn’t I?

23 Likes

Cultural revolution? Nah… the alternative it is, then.

Guen: [proudly sticks a quill over her ear and holds up a schematic] I call it the “guillotine”.

Arthur: Ugh… why is the name French?

Lancelot: …

Arthur: N-not that I’ve got anything against the French. Some of my best friends are French.

Guen: Because French is the language of love, and nothing says “I love you.” like decapitation. [smiles creepily at Arthur]

Arthur: [edges away] If anyone needs me, I’ll just be barricading myself in my room and hiding under the bed.

Guen: Although, that still leaves Lot…

Morgana: Err… about that…

Guen: Yes?

Morgana: My husband… had a tragic “accident” last night. Spontaneous combustion. It happened so suddenly there was nothing that could be done…

Guen: Spontaneous combustion?

Morgana: Yes. He just suddenly burst into flames, as if someone used fire magic on him… not that any fire magic was involved whatsoever.

Merlin: … I knew it! [puts on a hat made of folded layers of thin silvery metal] The aliens told me this would happen!

16 Likes

YES!!! :tada: Who do I have to kill to make it so :wink:

7 Likes

Arthur: Say, Lot… do you ever get the feeling your wife is secretly plotting to kill you?

Lot: Sometimes. Why do you ask?

Arthur: Oh, no reason.

22 Likes

Morgana and Gwen hold court in Camalot.

G- Ok people this is a good news, bad news and great news situation.
The good news is that I’m going to unite all together in peace.
The great news is that I’m going to accomplish all this with my new wife the lady Morgana.
(Gwen and Morgana share a passionate kiss.)

Random lord- But what about your husband?

G- sigh That’s the bad news.

(Gwen reveals a duffel bag and empties it. The heads of Arthur, Lance and King lott roll out. There are gaspes in the crowd.)

G- I had to kill these three. But don’t worry I’m going to be a fair and just roller like always. Now for the new laws. Women will be masters of their families and homes, men will do the work, we will make the decisions. Next…

Random lord- ENOUGH! I will not sit by and let this country fall to ruin. Death to the Queen!

(south from the crowd rise. Gwen points at the Lord incinerating him with dark magic.)

G- Any one else?

(Morgana stands next to Gwen, dark energy flowing and pulsating from them. A young Lord runs out and kneels before them)

YL- All hail the dark mistresses.

All- ALL HAIL THE DARK MISTRESSES!

M- Wow. That was easy.

6 Likes

There then proceeds to be a broad based peasant, ex soldier, and noble led rebellion. With Merlin in charge presumably they stand little chance. Pitchforks don’t beat magic after all, and Merlin is into that light magic nonsense.

I am so glad Guen will be able to marry Morgana. Thank you @jeantown for such wonderful news.

Divorce would mean acknowledging the validity of those so-called “marriages” in the first place. Still, Arthur and Lot had better hope a non-lethal legal way to free Guen and Morgana comes about. Camelot is in desperate need of a cultural revolution and Guen may certainly be inspired enough to pursue just that.

1 Like

Unless it is a magical pitchfork…and to be honest, I don’t know anyone who would want a magical pitchfork, unless they are a stableboy and it helps them clean out stables faster.

2 Likes

This is interesting! And leads to a bunch of different thoughts for me (sorry for the upcoming question dump). Is the prohibition against divorce thing true in all cases, or is it especially so in Guen’s and Morgana’s case where their marriages are political-alliance based? If two people get married for love, is divorce still a no-go? Does the anti-divorce sentiment come from the canon of Goddess-worship, or is it secular societal taboo? Would there be legal consequences if a couple seperated and one or both of them remarried, or would the consequences be limited to social fallout (e.g., broken alliances)?

3 Likes

Yes. Let’s go with that.

1 Like

I swear, the only times I see Lys is when she deletes her posts…

Lys must be a ninja. Or a spy. Or the CIA. Or the FBI. Or the Illuminati.

3 Likes

I am a little surprised with all the plans for revolution and weddings, people are forgetting one important element.

Just what color ribbon will you adorn your shadow cat/dog for when he becomes the ring bearer?

11 Likes

Purple. It started with purple it will end with purple.

6 Likes