Guenevere (WIP)

@jeantown: Looking at some responses to questions now…if a Guen takes every opportunity to be with her child, does that mean there will be times she focuses on the child rather than increasing her stats?

And in later books, will the child still be as included as in book 3?

In that case, I really, really hope that the British cavalry is still ready for a final sortie. By this point, since the retreating Franks will head to their boats, speed beats all other considerations.

“Your Majesty, the Franks are retreating!”

“Get the cavalry, and hack them down! Let’s go! CHARGE!”

1 Like

@jeantown

Can Guen’s child successfully convince Mordred to mitigate his distaste towards others like Guen can do? Will Mordred ever sympathize and even come to like Guen’s kid? Will Mordred be on good terms with Galahad? Will Mordred be able to fall in love with someone else besides Guen?

2 Likes

My plan is that it will be relatively positive. Morgana will have reasons to worry about Mordred’s character from the beginning, so she will pour herself into trying to raise him as well as she can, but her fears for his future will add yet another layer of stress to her life. On Mordred’s side, he will respect Morgana more than he does just about anyone else, and he will be genuinely unhappy if she doesn’t take his side in the final conflict.

Hm, not sure yet, but probably not much… he may not be around as much after part 3?

I’m glad you found that line! Poor Lancelot really doesn’t know what to think of the touch thing, so he’s kind of trusting Guen to make the decisions about it. If she tells him she thinks his judgment is compromised and hers isn’t, and they had sex, then he feels that his trust has been somewhat betrayed. The game isn’t tracking that particular response at the moment, though (there’s only so much I can do), so the only lasting consequence is the drop in his trust stat. But once the source of the touch thing is revealed, his reactions will vary depending on his relationship with Guen.

@buggygirl11 Guen’s child can like Mordred and want to support him, but the child won’t be evil in the same way Mordred is. So I don’t know if that will result in Guen and Morgana bonding over how their kids both went bad, but I’m sure there will be some opportunities for talking about their children and supporting each other. And yeah, no matter which father the Mordred-supporting kid has, it’s going to be drama. :slight_smile:

Right now I don’t have any plans for Guen to take any hit to stats as a result of being a mom. I’m not totally ruling it out, but I’d have to think about it carefully.

Yes. If Guen has a child, the child will have a major role in the later plot.

That will depend on Guen’s choices! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure yet. Mordred will definitely see Guen’s kid (if it’s the one who sympathizes with him) as very valuable to his cause, which the kid will find flattering. But I don’t know if the kid will be able to have any real influence over Mordred.

Not really, and not at all in part 7.

Probably not. He guards his emotions very carefully.

5 Likes

@jeantown Hi I’m sorry for a very random question but I was wondering, is it possible for a Guen to dot on Mordred? Like if a Guen who was actually in love with Arthur (or not, maybe just Guen in general) Like can she be that loving aunt who dots on and is affectionate with him. (you know for the sting factor if nothing else for a Guen who will have to face him in the future?)

2 Likes

@AngelOfTheBroken Hm… Guen will certainly be able to treat Mordred in a variety of ways, but I honestly don’t know if it will be able to go as far as “doting aunt”…maybe? I’ll have to see how it feels when I get there. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey! I love this game and I love Arthuriana. I’m so excited for Mordred and Kay! And possibly even Galehaut…? Hahaha- if he does make an appearance I hope I can give the poor guy a happy ending.
I have a whole lot of fanart of this game (as I imagine it, at least! I’m sure you and all the other players envision things their own way) but I’m not even sure where to put it? Or if anyone would even want to see it, honestly. If I do post any fanart here should I upload it to the post itself? Or should I just link it?

As an added note: Ugh. There is absolutely nothing more satisfying than making broody dark sorceress Morgana laugh. (Even if it is, sometimes, at a certain boy-king’s expense. Sorry Arthur!) I should try making the bubbliest, party-girliest fashionista Guen I can and see what Morgana makes of her. That’ll be a pretty interesting couple if I can pull it off.

3 Likes

@_deltarhythm Yaaay, thank you! :smile: I’m so happy that you like it. I can’t wait to write Mordred and develop Kay more. As for Galehaut, the answer is YES, and a happy ending for him will indeed be possible. .

I would love to see any fanart! Upload it, link it, tie it to a messenger pigeon, whatever makes you happy! People have shared both links and uploads in the past.

Right now you’re not going to get a significantly different reaction from Morgana if Guen is a bubbly fashionista, but I hope I can change that in the future. I plan to go back and add a ton more tweaks to part 1 someday, once more of the game is developed.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is one of the additions you plan on going to be an option to think about how Guen is not interested in men when she is reflecting on the impending marriage to Arthur? :smile:

6 Likes

How cruel you are. :wink:

Thank you for the reply Jean. Oh, I’m so excited for how this will all play out! I’m so in love with this game, I swear. I wanna marry it. Can I? Once this is all done? XD

2 Likes

I shall eagerly wait for the time I loot EVERYTHING from Hrothulf’s corpse!

1 Like

Um…:sweat: if you mean in the first few pages, to be honest, probably not, because I’d worry it would break the pacing. I want things to move along at a good clip at first, and I don’t think I can add more depth to the current level of self-reflection in the first scene without bogging things down. But maybe later on I can expand the opportunities for Guen to register her lack of interest in men?

:blush: I suppose it’s not my place to tell my game whom it can and can’t marry, so feel free to take it out on some dates and see how things go?

Um. I might need my friend Godot to help me write that part, whenever he gets here… It’s a good thing you’re so patient. :grin:

7 Likes

Of course I must be patient! If I don’t, the “loot everything scene” might not be as awesome as expected. Everything in its time, right?

Also, if Guen does take everything from Hrothulf’s corpse, would Maris, Bretta and [Pet name] react to it? I can imagine our knightly bodyguards saying something like, “Your Majesty, with all due respect, why exactly are you taking Hrothulf’s dagger, crest and hair?”

And lastly, in the Guenverse, what is the process in dealing with dead bodies? Do they get cremated or buried?

Edit:

@Jeantown, I just had an idea! Is it possible for Guen to reward those soldiers who performed outstandingly in the Battle of Camelot? Exempli gratia, knighting the best of the peasant soldiers, etc.?

1 Like

Awww :cry: just seemed a fitting spot for it since you have to pick 2 thoughts on the marriage, guess I’ll continue to use the one about not having a choice instead

1 Like

In that scene though, you’re picking how Guen feels, not what she’s thinking, because by trying to encompass everything that Guen may be thinking, that list will be going on until the cows come home. (I know I’d want an option of ‘what’s for dinner’)

So, whatever you choose, your inner view of what your Guen is doing is still intact, and isn’t contradicted in any way- she’s sad because she’s marrying, she’s angry because she’s being forced to, she’s dutiful because though she doesn’t want to do this, she wants the best for the people, so on. And that’s just the first layer of analysis. You can think stuff means whatever you want! ^^

None of this conflicts with Guen being or not being a lesbian. ^^ :slight_smile:

Well, that’s how I see it.

5 Likes

Well personally if I were in such a situation I would be a lot more upset if my parents are forcing me to marry a man then if they are forcing me to marry a woman…While I wouldn’t be happy with being forced either way I would certainly be much more emotional about the former. But you and I don’t seem to ever agree on much of anything so…[shrug]

1 Like

But you can believe your Guen feels that way!

??? Um? Passive aggressive? What did I do? :sweat:

Oh no… now you’ve gone and done it…

Arthur: Gee, it sure is boring around here. [rolls eyes in an exaggerated fashion]

Uther: Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

Arthur: I just wonder what Meligaunt’s up to?

Merlin: [appears] Your majesty! Meligaunt and his minions have seized the island of Avalon!

Uther: Hmm… how can we help?

Merlin: It is written: Only Arthur can defeat Meligaunt!

Arthur: Oh boy! I’ll grab my stuff!

Merlin: [weird beckoning gesture] There is no time! Your sword is enough!

Arthur: How about a kiss, for luck?

Guenevere: You’ve got to be kidding…

Arthur: [covers his face and laughs for some inconceivable reason]

Merlin: Squadala! We are off!

3 Likes

how do you see code on dashington ?

scenes/startup.txt

where i put it into

https://dashingdon.com/play/jeantown/guenevere/mygame/guenevere_compiled.html

?

@CaesarCzech

I don’t think we can view the code on Dashingdon so we can use the Dropbox link instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248628703/web/mygame/scenes/startup.txt