Guenevere (WIP)

My main Guen intends to be Lancelot’s bff so they would be like…us…together…that’s so Book I.

1 Like

In that situation, my Guen would very likely make everything 100x worse by bursting out laughing at such ludicrous accusations and making sarcastic jokes at her accusers.

You know that person who is genuinely incapable of not being sarcastic, even in really important moments? Maybe out of nerves or an inability to cope with the seriousness of the situation, but they’re unable to stop themselves from being sarcastic even in the worst of times? Yeah, that’d be my Guen in a situation such as that. Just being sardonic at every given opportunity with a huge grin plastered on her face; not because she’s proud or arrogant or unrepentant (even though there was no affair) but because nerves prevent her from doing anything else, which makes people more convinced she’s an adulterer. Which in turn makes her more nervous and thus more sarcastic.

There’ll be trouble in the kingdom for sure.

I don’t think Morgana will ever be more incensed at her wife after constantly watching her refuse to take the situation seriously over and over again. And Arthur will just be a nervous wreck, most likely.

4 Likes

lol I can see it now:

Guen: “What?! Sleep with…I don’t even like men, I’m only attracted to women! And I resent that you’d think I would cheat on Morgana with him…[realization dawns on her] Oopsie [face turns crimson]…I mean…I wouldn’t cheat on Arthur?” [sheepish grin]

10 Likes

It looks like we’ll be able to handle the events in Part 6 in many different ways, so I’m wondering. Will every game last 7 parts, or will it be possible to win the game in 6 parts if you have good relations with Mordred and turn against Arthur in Part 6?

And congrats on mostly finishing Camelot!

1 Like

This reminded me of a scene from Parks & Recreation.

Arthur: So how long have you been sleeping with Lancelot?
Guen: That’s disgusting. And wrong. I don’t even get– why would– I’ve never had sex with anyone, anywhere. It’s none of your- you have- the nerve, the audacity. Lancelot is your best friend, technically. And he is terrible, face-wise. And how- how- do I know, frankly, that you’re not sleeping with him? Maybe you are. Maybe you’re trying to throw me off? Hmm check and mate.

13 Likes

@jeantown
Is there any specific scenes where we will be able to interact with the Goddess directly?

Also, if Guen’s kid is Lance’s, could we technically marry them to Mordred?

I don’t think it’s been mentioned, but does Guen’s kid have plot armor throughout or could they die in any future book?

1 Like

I, a fool, meant to clean up the TVTropes page and link out from the Tropes pages, but instead just stayed up too late adding a bunch of new tropes. If anyone has time, take a look and see if you can think of more tropes not on the page. I tend to play a goody-two-shoes, Leadership Guen, so I’m probably missing a lot of potential examples.

2 Likes

Ah… I can clean things up there a little bit. TV Tropes has gotten stricter. Still, awesome job!

2 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to the accusations if only because I’m amused by how I’m imagining it might go. Guen: “I did not have sex with that man, or any other man but Arthur during our marriage” Questioner: “So you deny the accusation of adultery?” Guen: “No. However, I do deny the accusation of treason.”

Originally, Lance and his unwanted affections creeped her out a little bit; he did start to grow on her platonically especially after it was made apparent that the creepy part was due to a spell, but she never ever had any feelings of that nature for him. She’ll be ecstatic when they get rid of the spell and Elaine comes along because maybe he’ll have finally gotten any feelings for her out of his system. So, her reaction is basically going to be :confused:WTF?! No, why would I go out of my way to help cure the spell that’s causing his obsession with me and be then very happy that he’s found somebody else only to turn around and sleep with him myself?:unamused:

As far as the other Guen is concerned, at least to Arthur himself, there will be no denying it because she won’t have slept with him since before Mordred’s conception and at this point would have Lance’s child.

Will Arthur be the one making the accusation? Because if so she’s screwed. If not, I suppose she’ll have to weigh the options of lying through her teeth and hoping no one else including Arthur himself backs the accuser(s) up or just confessing while making a good show of begging for forgiveness and hoping Arthur will be as lenient with her as he has been with others who have done him wrong so far.

[considers changing my decision to execute that guy in this play through because if keep him alive this time maybe I can make a point about if we didn’t execute him for attempted assassination then we definitely shouldn’t execute Guen for adultery] :sweat:

Wait a minute, I just thought of something: can Guen bring up Mordred and his parentage as a way to either deflect from herself or if she has to go down she’s bringing Arthur with her? Because this Guen would so do that.:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

quick question i’ve been thinking about, when we get accused of adultery, i’m probably going to have my guen be 110% in love with arthur, will he doubt our loyalty at all? or will he be trusting of us if he has a good relationship with guen @jeantown

4 Likes

Why on earth would they surrender when they can run? :slight_smile: You just barely prevented a super-powerful army from taking your castle; if they’ve decided to withdraw, your top priority should be getting out the band-aids and duct tape, and thanking the Goddess you didn’t have to surrender to them.

Um… I don’t think that will be an option. It sounds a bit too anachronistic, even for me. :slight_smile:

@Asura Yeah, that’s remarkably close to one of the ways things might go. :smile:

Part 6 is a big setup for part 7 no matter what. The main function of part 6 is to get things so stirred up that people end up picking sides for the big conflict in part 7. Part 7 will probably start in the middle of a huge battle, with many possible variations of who’s on what side as a result of what happened in 6. Guen can be on either Arthur or Mordred’s side in that battle. So Guen, and the three main NPCs, will survive part 6 no matter what.

Thanks! I’m still chipping away at that last little bit, but it does feel good to have the battle totally finished and the whole thing like 99.9% done.

Not per se – the Goddess doesn’t really interact with any humans directly. But in part 4 Guen should have some experiences that can be more or less religious, depending on her interpretation.

:smile: Now THAT would be a massive spoiler, especially since answering either no or yes might be taken as a hint of the child’s sex (since arranged marriages in the Guenverse are m/f only). All I can say right now is that Guen will be able to consider a few different options for arranging her child’s marriage, or she can choose not to.

Right now I think the child will survive. I don’t have any particular plans to kill them off. That could easily change as I plan parts 6 and 7 in more detail, but it will definitely be possible for the child to survive to the end and take over the kingdom (meaning that even if it becomes possible for them to die, it won’t be inevitable).

@Renicula I just reread the updated TVTropes page, and once again it made me ridiculously happy. I was literally laughing out loud at some points, and I learned a couple of tropes I hadn’t heard of before. Thank you SO MUCH for all of your work there, and for updating the link. Any time I get discouraged with writing, I go to the TVTropes page, because it makes me feel like all the effort is worth it. :sparkles: :blush: :sparkles:

No. In fact, I’ll just go ahead and say right now (I think for the first time) that it will, as is tradition, be Agravain (who will be introduced in part 3).

It will certainly be possible, perhaps inevitable, for that to come up. I’ll have to see if I can make it so that Guen herself can bring it up, but that’s a good idea.

If Guen and Arthur have a good relationship and she really has been faithful, he will absolutely trust her and do everything he can to fight the false allegations. At least, that’s the current plan. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hold the [insert medieval long-distance communications device here]! If Guen sides with Mordred, can she wind up fighting her husband? And would Maris and Bretta stay with Guen as her bodyguards, or would one or both remain with Arthur?

AHHH!!! As I was wandering across the various threads in the forum, I am so lucky to have come upon this gem! I just made myself an account on COG here yesterday, and I just wanted to say Guenevere is absolutely amazing and to please keep up the great work! Will definitely be keepin’ an eye on this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
lol I’ve been saying that for so many of these WIPs because there is such a plethora of AMAZING writers on here!

4 Likes

@Asura Guen can end up on Mordred’s side, against Arthur, in the final conflict. Whether or not that means that she’ll personally face Arthur on the battlefield remains to be seen…

As for Maris and Bretta, I honestly don’t know yet. I’m going to have to wait and see how they develop over the series. But I won’t forget about them. :slight_smile:

@Varovu Yaay, thank you for playing and for posting!!! :smile: And welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

@jeantown I dunno if anyone has asked this before, and it may be spoilerific, but with Mordred vs Arthur, is it specifically ideals challenging one another, or just ‘Arthur versus Mordred’?

I ask, because is it at all possible to have a Guen who loves Arthur, but agrees with Mordred’s ideals? And have her support Mordred, but try to convince him to keep Arthur safe, while trying to make Arthur see the other side of the story?

I can’t wait for this game to be released in the Apple store :smiley:

I read your comments and i find it totally awesome. I love the Arthurian legends setting.

1 Like

The whole thing only happens in the first place because their ideals are really diferent. Mordred not only hates Arthur himself, he hates how he runs the kingdom. And Jean once said that Mordred’s machiavellian ways make Arthur wary of him (aside from the fact that he’s his father, obviously).

1 Like

Rather interesting how Arthur naïvely sees the best in regular people regardless of how evil they are, but when it comes to Mordred who is supposedly unmatched in manipulation and concealing his true nature, he’s the one person whom Arthur sees through.

Familial bonds in the Guenverse, most likely. Although he’s less inclined to hide his nature when he’s a small child; indicators likely present then.

2 Likes

I believe at one point it was possibly established that Guen can side with Mordred by pretense in order to help Arthur defeat him, or is this something I read wrong? I know it was said that Morgana can be on either side depending on how things have gone for her! I think the idea of her being on the opposing side of her son is almost as interesting as a pro Mordred Guen facing Arthur!

1 Like

@jeantown

When we have the option to run to Lancelot when we find out about the conception of Mordred , will Lance question why Guen isn’t comforting Arthur or Morgana? Also is going to him to be interpreted as romantic if we are in a romance with him?

Also, will we ever have female knights of the Round Table?

Will Galahad become a knight of the Round Table and claim the perilous seat?

Will we be able to train Guen’s kid into knighthood?

Will Merlin ever have daydreams of later century stuff-- 20th century things? It would be very nice anachronism.