Guenevere (WIP)

See, that’s what’s great about this game:

Everyone has a different opinion, and all those opinions are legitimate.

Yay for @jeantown! She’s too swag for us. :grin:

4 Likes

Aww… isn’t that sweet! My Guen is making a beeline to Michaelsmounth and left Lance and Tilda in charge of securing peace… not to save Arthur or anything, but because she wants Maleagant’s sword.

2 Likes

Minor replay thoughts:
*Gawain’s complicated relationship with the truth started at a young age :smirk:

• Anyone being nice to Guen’s puppy gets +1 Guen Trust. Morgana gets infinity Guen Trust points for giving her the puppy, and also teaching Guen magic and being great.
  • The fireworks scare the puppy :cry: Now I feel bad for the times where I raced off on an adventure and left him behind.
  • Badger!Guen :laughing: I hope higher levels in magic can lead to Guen learning shapeshifting, or is that a fae thing only Merlin knows?

I also noticed a couple of spelling mistakes. There’s one time in the Badon Hill scene (1_8badondayone) where Yvain is called Ywain, and later in Book 2 in the Camelot Clone Wars (2_4nightattack) where Meligaunt is called “formidible” - should be formidable.

Re: Morgana - I may try going after her when the full book 2 is released, but I’d have to make sure she’s heading where I already want to go :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

My Guen would most definitely agree with this. She’s aware that Morgana can probably take care of herself, but would feel so much better if she could confirm that she’s ok and of course let Morgana know that she’s ok as well. Also, she feels that sleeping with a girl one day and not going to look for her the next is kinda rude,lol.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I gave Tilda the tip, and I hope that makes some difference, but my Guen’s leadership skill sucks so she would probably not be that good at the Frankmarch branch.

And as much as he annoys me, I can’t just let Arthur get hurt if I can prevent it, and I want that sword. So I sent Lance to save Arthur/get me the cool sword…I hope he’ll be able to avoid the magical traps better than he did in Merlin’s Tower especially without Morgana or Guen to guide him. But I did send the fae cat with Meligaunt, so maybe he’ll have some help after all. I did originally plan on Guen going there, but then it was clarified that Morgana couldn’t end up there and that it didn’t matter as much as I thought it would for the Camelot route that my Guen is sub par in leadership because she has high magic skills. :sparkles::boom:

6 Likes

Alright, I just played the game on a TvTropes recommendation. I do NOT regret it! This game is AWESOME! I would even say it’s better than Pendragon Rising, and I loved that game. I love the GwenxArthur romance, and the love triangle with Lance. I also love Morgana and Fae!Puppy xD Yay for super cute pets I can’t wait for release

2 Likes

I feel that I can NEVER leave Camelot alone.

Like, EVER.

Someone is ALWAYS rescuing Camelot, then the other person is either after Arthur, or going to Frankmarch.

But…normally when one goes after Arthur (in all but one case with my Guens) it’s to get the sword- my dark magic and swordplay Lance-romancer, my tactics and swordplay Morgana-romancer…

But my Arthur romancer? My main Guen, who is dutiful, and loves Arthur, kind of assumed, that no matter how derpy dear Art is, he’ll figure out the deception by himself, or with his posse. Guen has faith in him. …faith that she will lose quite a lot of when he comes home to a perfectly safe Camelot, where she’s waiting, only to see him all damaged. :frowning:

So, yeah, my main Guen is tactics and light magic, and she runs to protect Camelot, while Lance runs to make a peace treaty (ladies like him, he can speak Frankish, and he knows the thing is in the kitchen. Guen believes in him, huzzah), while Morgana is normally popping up around the place with Lance too, so she assume’s they’ll team up…and she hopes her cat, HRH Sir Fluffikins (the Third), will join them too.

I WISH WE HAD BETTER ORDERS TO GIVE THE PET. They’re smart. I kinda wanna go:

Your Royal Highness, Sir Fluffikins (the Third), if Morgana and I are separated, get to whoever is closer/ If you run away, run to this destination./ Get to land, wait at ‘x’ for us to arrive, and track us once we’re on land.

So on.

HRH Sir Fluffikins (the Third) needs more love. :3

3 Likes

Duuude, cut him some slack. He’s only a baby king. I’m pretty sure not even Morgana knew psychically what the sword was until seeing its effects on beloved fae bae. Arthur couldn’t even tell who his own wife was among the doppelgangers lol. I knew immediately that either you go collect your blonde or you be good with widowhood.

Love this game btw. I feel like the only person who like Arthur, though my MC’s dog is priority one always.

6 Likes

Lol, I don’t expect Arthur to know what was going on with the magic sword or doppelgangers, but Guen kind of expects Arthur to know her by now, and her opinions, so he would see how she is behaving differently. She would expect him to know that something shady is up (Merlin did teach him), and she’d expect him to be wary, and not go charging in.

So…she wouldn’t expect him to be very damaged. :frowning:

And she’d expect him to have the foresight to bring the evil sword home, because she’d think he’d go- oh, not healing with this evil stuff! Best bring to Morgana/Merlin to fix!

Ok, I was going to reply to this convo until I saw the last sentence. MerlinxMorgana?! XDDD WTF? That would be the most legendary Rivalmance ever xD I can totally see Morgana sighing and following a daydreaming Merlin before he falls into the moat. I bet all of Camelot would be able to hear them fighting (or at least Morgana’s yelling) xD I have been traumatized by you asking for them together! xD Also, am I the only one wondering if Gwen and Art will have kids? And in non-Art romances, where does Mordred come in? O.o

1 Like

wait wut

OH

I meant that Art could bring in Merlin OR Morgana.

That’s what the slash originally meant, ahhahahahahaha.

Guen and Arthur CAN have kids, but you don’t have to.

Mordred will happen whether Guen and Arthur have kids or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No way, I love Arthur too! I mean, I do get tempted away by Morgana on some playthroughs but can you blame me :smirk:

But my main Witch Queen Guen is totally running to save her derpy husband because I’m a sucker for the damsel saving the hero :grin:

From earlier posts, it will be possible for Guen to have one child by either Arthur OR Lancelot. We will get to pick. I think Mordred is conceived in Book 3, and will show up starting in Book 4. He will be an eventual romantic option but not until he is an adult, maybe book 6 or 7.

1 Like

Rly? xD It’s just I’m used to ships being written that way. I was traumatized! xD I just wonder if they will, cause I played it like three times and I never quite figured it out.

@bobsmyuncle Rly?? Tf xD And what? Romance w/Mordred? Nnooo. Isn’t he Arthur’s son or nephew depending on the story? Sounds a little weird :confused:
Also, wow seven books! I don’t know if I’ll live that long xD

:laughing: He will be Arthur’s son in this version, and yes it would be super weird. But it’s there as a darker path for people who want to play that kind of Guen. Edit to add: Also, you can already kind of meet Mordred if you play a withdrawn, anti-social Guen. Try abstaining from the fireworks adventure, and send Morgana away when she comes to check on you.

I don’t think a Morgana/Merlin ship is very likely. Morgana seems to prefer women.

1 Like

@jeantown: I’ve just checked out your blog, and saw commentary on the minor ‘battle simulator’. Wow, that looks crazy.

So, for a tactics high Guen, but a not-so-tactics-high gameplayer, how much help would high tactics be? Like, would Guen just be able to achieve something through each branch of defense, with less success on lower levels of tactics, or will she have opportunities to do actions that less tactically minded Guen’s wouldn’t be able to do?

Also, probably been asked before (maybe even by me, I don’t know, I’m so sorryyyyy): If Guen is sexually intimate with both Lance and Arthur, will the player get to choose whose child it is? Or will the child be randomized? And if we get to choose, does Guen know whose child it is then? (And if so, HOW? XD)

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Concept: Morguen raising their babies together, doing playdates and completely casting aside Lot and Arthur. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Something like this?

years later
Morgana returns from her travels to her wife and children at Camalot (they took it over). The gardens.

M: My Queen.
G: My Queen.
They share a passionate kiss.
M: So. How are the children?
Morgana’s boys are playing with Gwen’s Daughter and Mordred. (thought I’d add diversity)
G: Couldn’t be happier. How was the trip?
M: Meh. Politics suck. Where’s Arthur and Lance? I didn’t see them when I came in.
G: I’ll call them. Arthur! Lance _whistle _!
A sheepdog and a golden labradore come rushing out the castle to the gardens. (Arthur is the sheepdog get it?)
G: Aww. Who’s a good boys?
M: I think they’re happier as dogs don’t you?
G: You’re so cruel. giggle
M: You love it.

7 Likes

x100 :unamused: Not a fan of the whole “it’s okay and cute to be the actual worst because you’re ladies” thing.

3 Likes

Lol that’s great! Except that Morgana already said I can’t have any children without …[shivers] …so I’ll have to make due being step mom

2 Likes

That’s certainly an idealistic portrayal of a life with Morgana. One would think she would not be so happy with domestication, but I suppose she’d be truly happy with Lexa’s Guen. That conversation would go quite differently with my Guen, that’s for sure.

But…what actually happened to Arthur and Lancelot to make them disappear, pray tell? Did she kill them? Or literally turn them into dogs with unnerving magic? I’m not sure which would be worse. It seems happily-in-love Guen and Morgana have quite a dark side between them.