Guenevere (WIP)

Oh well Cullen is my weakness he is like a poor shy kitty! I know he is not my type of guy he is goodie( well since de retcon of the dao. In dao epilogue he turns a maniacal templar trying to kill mages or supposed mages) i like evil sweet guys he is not evil though

1 Like

Cullen? Haā€¦ Sera was my favourite . Sheā€™s so crazy I love it. He he ā€œNo breachesā€.

2 Likes

Sera is with my templar qunari girl and they are very happy. A templar who uses big two handed weapons

1 Like

Try romancing her as an elf. now that is a challenge. BTW was that an innuendo? >:)

2 Likes

Unlike Cullen, who I just donā€™t care for, I actually despise Sera. I honestly wish there was a way to kill her in the game (though most of my characters wouldnā€™t take it, being the goody-two-shoes they are). Alas, the best I can do is keep her at Skyhold, and do my best to ensure she stays out of trouble and never sees the light of dayā€¦

4 Likes

Weā€™ve a thread specifically for discussing Dragon Age.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/maker-help-us-all-dragon-age-discussion/1587

5 Likes

She didnā€™t. She has very mixed feelings about it. Although she says she married Lot against her will, she didnā€™t try to get out of it because she felt like it was the only way she could contribute to bringing peace to Britain. She didnā€™t have the ability, temperament, or social freedom to become a priestess of Avalon, but she still wanted to enact the Goddessā€™s wish for peace. Since she herself couldnā€™t inherit the throne of Britain, the only way she could see of becoming a peace-bringer was to let herself be married to a powerful king as part of a peace agreement. Did she want to marry Lot? No, not really. But she was afraid that if she didnā€™t, sheā€™d be giving up her best chance to make a difference in the world.

Iā€™m glad thereā€™s nothing in canon to contradict her existence. :slight_smile: I do want to try to leave things as open as possible for imagining Guenā€™s backstory.

As others have said, the childā€™s sex and name are predetermined. Iā€™m sorry; I know people would enjoy being able to name the child, but itā€™s really difficult for me to write a human character whose name I donā€™t know. And Iā€™m already in love with both of Guenā€™s possible children, which means the thought of someone naming them Jello or Velociraptor or whatever breaks my heartā€¦ But you can always give the pet silly names. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s all in super-detailed outline form, so Iā€™m not planning on making any changes at this point. Iā€™m just writing/coding according to the plan.

Exactly.

I like the names Iā€™ve chosen, but obviously people will have different reactions. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Iā€™m not particularly worried. You seem to have a particular aversion to stupid or unfitting names, so I find it unlikely it wonā€™t fit the tiny creature like a glove. And also later in life, when it grows into a larger creature.

4 Likes

Assuming it makes it that long. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m sure it will. I donā€™t think Jean would kill a child (even a fictional one). I could be wrong on that one, thoughā€¦

3 Likes

My bae, being her selfless flawless self. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Im actually really glad you picked the names, iā€™d probably name it Jimmy or something.

2 Likes

I sincerely preferred choose my names because i am sure tbe names wonā€™t be nothing that poison queen could choose but I already head canon that hippie chose them. So I suppose I would ended with Eagle Rainbow or Cherry Sunshine as son and daughter. I am finishing the Quicksilver mirror the Background of poison queen . I donā€™t know if you want I post it or not @jeantown it is clearly nothing similar to your own background story XD

3 Likes

A little more about the child names, since people seem interested: In the best-known versions of Arthurian legend, Guinevere and Arthur do not have any children together. But there are some minor (late medieval and early modern) versions in which they do. I picked the names from the long list of relatively obscure children that appear in lesser-known legends. That said, the names I chose arenā€™t any indication of the childā€™s personality or storyline.

And just to be clear, Guen can have only one child. It will have one of two possible names, depending on the biological father.

@OtherGrimm Yeah, not really my style. The child will live to adulthood. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be glad to read it, though Iā€™m going to suggest that if you post it in the forum you might put a little warning in front of it and spoiler brackets around it, because if I recall it includes rape and abuse?

5 Likes

@jeantown Oh, Iā€™m so happy the names came from minor versions where they do have kids. People ignore those and make up their own names, or at least from what I know of. Agrante in Avalon and Elise instead of Loholt in Lionors.

The oldest I can remember where the kid is explicitly Arthur and Guenā€™s is Loholt (but then heā€™s Lisanorā€™s in anotherā€¦) and there was also Gwydre/Llacheu/Amhar but I donā€™t think it said who their mom was. There is also Borre but Iā€™m pretty sure he was Lisanorā€™s. I think.

There are a lot of sources of Arthurā€™s kids so that list probably doesnā€™t have it. I do like Gwydre, though, because itā€™s the closest Iā€™m going to get to a kid named Guenevere Jr., lol.

8 Likes

Oh, donā€™t worry i have already write a big warning about is adult content. It doesnā€™t include rape description however Poison Mara feelings about the fact would be clear . There is violence there is vague sex descriptions and tons of betrayal. In fact the beginning is when Guen mother is hanged and they intestines cut out to feed the ravensā€¦ while peasants cheering in a bloody moonlight with forks and torches ā€¦ I really thing many of you would felt sympathetic about what Poison Mara childhood was. And why she is so concerned to protect the peasantry about rebels .

1 Like

Because add anything with dad or other family memeber is destroying anyone head canon and role-playing story. I am writing little fan fiction about my character Poison queen and it wouldnā€™t be possible i Jean put a official relationship. Leave it open like now everybody could have a mental idea about how it was .

2 Likes

I disagree with Mara,it doesnā€™t have to be as fleshed out as Arthur/Morgana/Lance,but it would be nice to have opinion on how she sees her dad. It would make for great drama depending on how Guen sees him and add another layer since Guen could love AND hate him for what he did.
I can see it it taking away from the roleplay aspect if itā€™s done wrong,but if done right it could add to it.
I definitely understand that it would be probably way too much work to add on, I was only thinking about it.
Iā€™d just be happy if there was single scene where Guen can tell him what she thought of him forcing her into marriage.(Maybe a slap can be one of the choices.)

2 Likes

I have a feeling Iā€™ll like Lanceā€™s kid better. If heā€™s anything like Lance, heā€™ll probably be a gentleman while also being a little beast.

Heā€™ll probably also be a mummyā€™s boy to the extreme owing to the fact that the man who he believes to be his father will resent him and he wonā€™t know why.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, one of the parts will involve Guenā€™s father more heavily, and weā€™ll have more of an opportunity to delve into their relationship then.