Guenevere (WIP)

More aesthetics because it’s not like I have to study or anything. :joy:

Morgance

Larthur

Ruthless/ambitious Guen

Kind/light magic Guen

Thankfully, it seems that Merlin provides people with substantial amount of royal related stuff.

10 Likes

Hate to dive back into the whole polyamory thing again but it did bring up an interesting question as to how they would work. One possibility that no-one (that I saw) brought up was one where Morgana and Lance aren’t really sexually involved together, but in a more healthy way than Guen stays with one one night and stays with the other another night.

There are poly relationships with one person at the centre (a vee did someone call it?) that can function in a healthy way where all parties love and respect each other, just in different ways. In terms of Lance/Guen/Morgana this could work like they all sleep in the same bed for example, and sexual encounters involve all 3 of them but with Guen at the center for lack of a better description, as in they’re both focused on her not each other. This way they’re all respectful and no-one is left out or sat jealousy pining while their lover is with their other lover. In this regard they would all be together in a relationship sort of, but Guen is the tie between them so to speak, and while they love each other they’re both in love with Guen.

So I guess my main question is (and I’m not entirely sure if this has been explicitly stated already), how would the poly relationships actually work? Like the above where they’re all together but both interested predominantly in Guen, like the ‘Guen is with one one night and with the other the next’ that someone mentioned, or where all parties are sexually and romantically active and interested in each other? And where would a poly relationship involving Arthur go? (Is that even possible? I can’t remember). Would any of this ever actually be described or would it be more for the player to figure out or decide?

Sorry for the super long ramble and the endless questions.

1 Like

I have a question can you be very close with mordrid while holding a grudge aginst Arthur and Morgana for having him and can Guen go crazy where she has to be confines to her room.

What would that be, Sir Ecec? :wink:

I love Guenthur. It looks and sounds like Gunther.

1 Like

Well, Elsa’s whole arc in Frozen is literally a coming out story. An “I have magic powers” coming out story, sure, but it’s easy to see parallels between that and a lesbian coming out story, regardless of what the writers may or may not have intended.

Yeah, the subtext in “Let It Go” isn’t very sub.

Frozen is also a lovely primer in Christian ethics, where the way to “unfreeze” a wounded heart is self-sacrificial love of the one who hurt you. All the more satisfying because of the fake-out the script makes toward Western culture’s pervasive Eros-worship (her heart will be unfrozen by the romantic love of one or another suitor).

On both counts, I’m delighted that my 4 year old son is a fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I once asked you on how long this game would take to be made. You told me I probably have to wait for ten years or so, and now, three years have passed. I’m still waiting :slight_smile: I hope you won’t give up on this game. I am sooooooo sooooo looking forward to the day your game gets published. Keep it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jeantown

If it isn’t too spoilery, is there any other significant faction in the Frankish court, aside from Grimald’s faction and Ragarund’s faction?

Also, just 'cause Huen told Tilda the kicthen location doesn’t mean she’ll succeed in getting whetever’s in there, right?

@jeantown, I absolutely love your writing style and how you write fantasy. I am an avid reader of high fantasy and Arthurian literature myself and I want to eventually write a book in one of those genres. Any tips on writing for those specific genres or just as writer in general?

Since we are doing MBTI for our different Guen’s, my Guen is typiccaly a light magic user who is also a natural leader, tactician and politician. Her personality is INFJ. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t exaggerate. It’s been more like two and a half years, since that’s how long this thread has existed. She’s basically got until 2024 to reach that deadline. She’ll make it (unlike some authors we know). :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, Part 2 is taking a while, but Parts 3 and 4 won’t take as long to write. No worries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@OtherGrimm I already counted till the end of this year :joy: Yeah, I believe in her too :slight_smile: Thanks for the correction by the way :slight_smile:

Uh, I don’t know what anyone else was thinking, but obviously I meant “Ectrec.” :stuck_out_tongue:

:grin: You’re certainly welcome to try, but it would be a crack pairing if ever there was one. Still, almost worth it just for the ship name.

@thesunfloweramazon Ok, your different compatibilities mean that now I definitely do not want ever to establish when Guen’s birthday is. It’s just too much fun to imagine different possibilities! :smile:

Galehaut will indeed be going along on the enchanted forest quest, but when the time comes to split the party, he and Guen will by necessity be on opposite teams, so she’ll be picking two people to go with her and two to go with him. I do, on the other hand, want to include some time where just Guen and Galehaut are alone together and can talk, though I’m still figuring out exactly how to work that in (it will come to me eventually).

Good heavens… how many Guens are you up to now?! :smile:

@bellamyb Yay, more lovely aesthetics! :heart_eyes:

Good question. I am very much aware that polyamorous relationships can take many forms. Sadly, I think it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to include a huge range of variations here, just because there’s only so much I can do, and I’m learning that with choice games, the more specifically inclusive you try to be, the more you end up being exclusive. Right now I don’t think I’m going to be able to do anything other than make the two possible triads equivalently intimate within the triad, so all three of them are having sex with each other or they’re having an asexual relationship all around. That alone is already going to be complicated to implement. I do, at least, have specific ideas for making it plausible with the characters involved (e.g. how/why Arthur would arrive at wanting a sexual relationship involving Lancelot even though Arthur’s straight – we’ll get there). And, of course I can always go back and make things more nuanced later.

It’s also worth noting that the whole thing is further complicated because Guen can’t easily be with one person one night and another the next in any sort of even distribution. She and Morgana spending occasional nights in each other’s rooms wouldn’t raise a lot of eyebrows, but every other night would get noticed – but then, of course, Guen and Morgana don’t get to be in the same place very often anyway. As for Lancelot, it’s going to take a lot of sneaky deception to get him and Guen alone together at all, even if Arthur is helping. So there would be a lot of parameters to negotiate, and I think that’s going to be more than I can manage. Much easier to have both Guen and Morgana, or Guen and Arthur, sneak Lancelot into one of their rooms all together for a night when they can, and let that be it.

Yes. (At least, I hope so.)

No, I don’t have any plans to include anything like that in the plot.

Thanks for sticking with me! :slight_smile: The ten-year estimate was always with the understanding that all would go well, but it hasn’t, and really I lost about a year to sickness. So 2014 is already looking unlikely for the entire thing unless I become independently wealthy, but, as @OtherGrimm says, I do believe that parts 3, 4, and 5 will get written faster and more easily than 2 because they won’t have the huge branches. So at least we can all hope that a time will come when I can update more frequently.

Not that I can include right now; the Frankmarch branch is already way too complicated. :slight_smile:

Right. It’s one of several factors that can contribute to success, but on its own it won’t be enough.

@darkwolf76 aw, thanks! :blush:

I don’t think I can say much that would truly be useful, because every writer’s brain is different, and what works for one person often doesn’t work for another. But you’re already doing the most important thing, which is reading a ton. And then, of course, the other most important thing is writing a ton; just write and write and write, and don’t worry if it doesn’t seem good; just keep doing it and don’t throw anything you write away, because you never know what you might be able to use it for later. As for fantasy/Arthurian, it’s probably a good idea to have a strong sense of what your story is doing that hasn’t been done before. Beyond that, there are a ton of websites and guides that can help you plan a plot etc.; I’d suggest familiarizing yourself with the advice they give, and then only following it if it actually helps you. And, of course, once you write something, tell the rest of us about it so we can read it! :smile:

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

AH MAN I CAN’T HANG OUT WITH [SPOILER] IN THE FOREST? Darn. At least that makes choosing the teams easier.

Canon!Guen: Takes Arthur and Morgana, and [Spoiler] takes Lance and Merlin.
Ace!Guen: Takes Arthur and Lance, and [Spoiler] takes Morgana and Merlin.

Canon Guen would want Arthur and Morgana to try and fix their relationship- especially since she’s dating both. Ace!Guen will go straight to help Morgana after the incident so she needs to spend quality time with Arthur and also work out the Lance and Arthur situation.

I’m surprised you can’t do ‘sexual relationship with Arthur, celibate relationship with Lance’ considering that it has the excuse that they’ll get executed if they got caught. But that still would be a pain in the ass to write. All celibate or all sexual sounds good.

I wonder how the trial in the later book will go if you have an Arthur and Lance OT3. AKOTAS comic did a neat twist, when Mordred broke in, Arthur was there and was saying they were having a threesome, no ‘cheating’ here, so they had no case against them and were foiled.

I wonder if in Guenverse it coming out that they’re all in a relationship would be treated less bad than if it was just Guen and Lance cheating, or more scandalous, or if people will go ‘damn, apparently Camelot is the place to be?’.

2 Likes

2014 unlikely … one year delay … so, the whole game will be released in 2015; 2016 at the latest? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think she meant 2024.

So, let’s give her until 2025, maybe 2026 at the latest?

(I’m simply poking fun, of course. Take all the time you need! And yes, i’m alive. Just stressing because finals are on Monday [and I have one final on Wednesday])

3 Likes

Couching an update request in such apologetic language may make a mod feel bad about flagging you. But it’s still against the forum rules – see the FAQ please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jeantown Well, that makes things easier to decide.

Well, I had 14 Guens before…so now…17?! :astonished:

Well, you can…you can even do it in the game as it currently stands…and you can tell Arthur about it at the end of Book II…you just can’t have the sex with Arthur/romance with Lancelot at the exact same time as a threesome.

1 Like

What would that look like? Arthur and Guen do it while Lancelot watches???

:crown: + :key2: = kinky

1 Like

Sir Erector sounds wonderful! hahaha

This should be an Easter egg or something. Let one of the knights tease them about the wonderful shipname. xD

4 Likes