Guenevere (WIP)

@jeantown

Oh my god, too much angst will come

only two questions.

First: How reliable is the fae Lance? (About killing Hrothulf and in general)

Second: What are the thoughts of Arthur as he heads towards Michaelsmount? I mean, I know that Arthur loves my Guen but leave unprotected Camelot and denying the opinion of Lancelot … he must be in a nervous breakdown :scream:

@jeantown
Would ruining Lancelot’s life, reputation etc. be easier or harder for Guen than ruining Arthur’s?

Nah, he just don’t stop thinking about Camelot undefended or anything else except “I will be a fairy tale hero saving my wife from an uncany evil. Oh, how wonderful will be the reunion with Guen together riding through sunset maybe we could have carrot pie!”

6 Likes

This comment wins all of it.

Well my Guen isn’t gonna like knowing Morgana got pregnant from the man she was forced to marry. Man I see all kinds of internal turmoil happening for that. Though I have to say I’m curious to know the circumstances behind THAT happening.

I come back to the forum and you’re all talking about the possibility of bedroom role play in the game…

I love this forum.

Oh, I have too many ideas and not nearly enough time! Can I trade in a few ideas for some extra time, please? That would be nice.

Lancelot always keeps his promises. However, he doesn’t feel particularly bound by anyone’s rules. But if he trusts Guen, he’ll do his very best to enact her will.

Arthur truly believes that Meligaunt has Guen prisoner, so he’s very worried about her and trying to plan for how to rescue her. He doesn’t realize there’s any threat to Camelot, so Guen is his main concern.

About the same, I’d guess. Neither will be super-difficult if that’s what Guen wants to do.

I can’t wait to share that part with everyone. I’m a little nervous that it won’t be exactly what some people are expecting, but I still wish I could be writing it already!

If Guenevere obtains Meligaunt’s sword, and it accepts her, can she threaten (not use just threaten) Arthur with it if he pushes her to far? If yes, will she be able to do that frequently? Will she be able to use the sword in all battles in the future?

1 Like

Will Guen have opportunities to interact with Gawain and Gareth as they get older?

[quote=“jeantown, post:6156, topic:1996”]
Oh, I have too many ideas and not nearly enough time! Can I trade in a few ideas for some extra time, please? That would be nice.
[/quote]Aww fine :cry: But after the 2nd chapter is done I won’t be able to stop!

Well, theoretically, Guen could threaten Arthur with anything, not just the sword, so the real question is whether or not I have time to write the consequences of Guen threatening Arthur… and it doesn’t seem fair to allow Guen to threaten anyone if she can’t also make good on her threats, so it comes back to the question of can I really write an option for Guen to murder Arthur before part 7. And tbh I probably can’t, because the plot divergence would just be too much to handle.

Yes. We’ll see them again as children in part 4, and then as young adults in part 5 and afterward.

Don’t stop! Ideas are great! Just because I’m overloaded with them doesn’t mean yours aren’t good… you could write some fic or maybe use them as inspiration for a game of your own!

2 Likes

Why do people want to kill Arthur?

Looking at him negatively, worst I can see is he’s too idealistic and incredibly naive.

But really, that’s…it? :confused:

D: Shame man.

5 Likes

Well I’m never going to create my own game- I find coding easy but everything I try with CS turns into spaghetti code- and I can’t find anything…

But if you insist; any ideas I give will be refined to a perfect standard!

2 Likes

MArA HYPED MAYBE I COULD KILL HIPPIE, DIE HIPPIE DIE HAVE A POISON COOKIE

Now, seriously maybe just kill him and put a demon soul in him a zombie Arthur .

1 Like

You can’t do that now I’m gonna think about it every time I see anything Arthur related D:

1 Like

This is because in Medieval times, everyone was seducing everyone else. Seduction was the norm not the exception in real medieval life.

1 Like

Who said we have to threaten Arthur with death? Unhappy Guen has already gained a lot of respect for her intelligent if quiet presence and her dark magic is very powerful, a lot of people want in on that. My guen isn’t one to make threats, but since she has a lot of people who look up to her right now, she could threaten Arthur by turning the people against him, revealing his stupid ideas of diplomacy and negotiations and child-like behaviour which would lose him respect and see him as an unfit ruler and guen can swoop in and take the position of controlling these negotiations. Arthur wouldn’t want to lose the respect of the people else his vision of a truly peaceful Camelot will never be brought to fulfillment.

Dark magic can induce fear, confusion and weakness too. She could threaten to use it on him and make him feel true dread.

Arthur doesn’t seem to take Guen’s hatred of him too seriously, though, so would he even believe a threat if she made it?

Not to mention that doing anything to harm Arthur (magical or otherwise) could be counted as treason, so if Guen was dumb enough to do something like that, she’d probably get executed (or exiled) for her trouble…

What century does your story take place in? I know arthurian legend has stretched all the way from the 5th century to the 9th, because thorough google searches equals hardcore research man, but I can’t exactly figure out when this one takes place in.

I want to see how my Guen will turn out if I join forces with Mordred to protect Lance from the inside if I can. Of course, this will only help Mordred’s point on humans being evil.

Well, this story especially is set in a fantasy setting, not real world setting, if I understood that right, so the century may isn’t much of an orientation…

1 Like