Guenevere (WIP)

…Pirate Arthur.

…Please don’t give me any more ideas about imagining Arthur do bizzare things. I’m already trying not to imagine him jumping out a window all the time just because he CAN. …because my basis for his appearance does that all the time given he’s a Thalia-Centric (Read: Thalia-Obsessed) Thief who jumps out windows for no reason aside from the fact he can.

Now i’m going to start imagining Arthur going “ARRRR” all the time and getting himself a ship. MARA, STOP GIVING ME IDEAS.

Seriously. Eventually they’ll be so much stuff I’m going to confuse myself!

(Also yes I changed my profile image. Not because I don’t like Thalia. I do. That was a stupid question. Thalia’s my mental companion/daughter. It’s impossible for me to NOT like her. But I also took more Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming Screenshots than I did KOTOR 2 [Nearly 300 more. Making Half Minute Hero 2 having 1090 screenshots] and I liked the game. A lot. Also Hero 3D hurt my eyes. I am not used to taking in that much information in three seconds… And ABYSS has me confused. Which is distracting me FROM MEMORIZING THESE RADIANS FOR MATH CLASS TOMORROW. DAMMIT I’M GRADED ON IF I CAN WRITE THEM ALL IN TWO MINUTES AND THEIR CORRESPONDING DEGREE OF A CIRCLE. Off topic rant concluded. I’m going to go see if I can focus on memorizing those radians.)

Im imagining Arthur has an eye patch and has a ship made of swiss cheese that he uses to ride rainbows.
Thats awesome and hilarious.

2 Likes

I am good imagining hilarious stuff. But hey, if Zelda became a pirate, why not Captain rainbow aka Hippie? Barbie like sluty first official with fancy silk pirate clothing.

1 Like

::backs away slowly::

Thanks! I hope you won’t be the only one; I really do want to make the game just as interesting when seemingly-bad things happen – so much so that people might even replay to get a “bad” outcome on purpose in order to see what difference it makes.

I decided I probably shouldn’t play it… don’t want to be accused of stealing anything, though it does look very different from mine from what little I saw.

@InfiniteDreamer Thank you, and thank you so much for writing about your Guen! She sounds really complex, and I hope she’ll have lots of room for character development. I like that your Guen doesn’t hate Arthur and Lancelot even though she’s unhappy about being queen, and that she’s so devoted to Morgana. :slightly_smiling:

Nooooo comment on Pirate Hippie. But somebody could write a fic set on the pirate ship Camelot

1 Like

Hey @jeantown thank you so much for the answers. Hope that I am not getting annoying but i’m thinking about Guen’s pregnancy and I was wonder what kind of reaction would have Arthur ,Morgana ,Lance and the kingdom in general …of course if it isn’t too spoilery .

Sir Kay, is Arthur’s foster brother right? So, if he becomes a romance option how will Arthur feel about? Will it be any worse than an affair with Lancelot? Or would he even care since he prefers Lance over him? Another thing, how come if your trust stat for Arthur is zero he still says he needs someone he trusts to keep an eye on the battle?

@Lux never annoying! I love talking about Guenevere!

Arthur: Thrilled, assuming he believes the child is his. If it’s not, and he knows, then his feelings will be more complicated, but by then he’ll be feeling so utterly desperate for Guen to have any child at all, that even under those circumstances he’ll be more relieved than not.

Morgana: Happy for Guen if Guen wants a child, concerned for Guen if Guen doesn’t want a child. Supportive no matter what, unless she and Guen have a bad relationship.

Lancelot: Depends hugely on the circumstances! Could be simply being happy for Guen and Arthur, or, if the child is his, being terrified that people (including possibly Arthur) will figure it out.

kingdom in general: Surprised because they will have given up by then; generally delighted that there’s going to be an heir after all.

That’s really really speculative, since I wouldn’t even start thinking about a possible Kay romance until I’ve finished the whole series years from now. At this point, I’m not sure if Arthur would find it harder to accept (mainly because he could never see the appeal of Kay as a romantic partner) or easier (because he doesn’t trust Kay the way he trusts Lancelot, and therefore would feel less betrayed).

He’s Arthur. He might not trust Guen enough to tell her something really personal, but it would never occur to him that she might betray the entire kingdom by deliberately not firing the rocket. (And before anyone asks: as interesting as it would be to give her that opportunity, I definitely don’t have time to write all the fallout there would have to be from such a decision!)

General announcement: The Michaelsmount branch has reached 24,000 words! Progress is happening again! :grin:

14 Likes

@jeantown
But I really hope you will add the traitor option once the main game is finished, I want it more than the Kay romance.

2 Likes

Well, just in case you don’t want to add Kay for a romance option, how about the option to talk about his appealing qualities? How we should personally get to know him better. At least as a way to get at Arthur?
By the way congratulations on the progress, if I may ask, how much do you think you have left for part 2? Or at least the Michaelsmount branch?

1 Like

Ugh, Kay is ugly! And have the personality of sandpaper. :confused:
Now seriously, He was always portrayed as an ugly guy with no charisma, no sense of humor and the personality of a tax man. Even in the Disney film he the least interesting person ever. And so romances options would be A man, A man ,A man A man… Are you sure Morgana is a woman? I don’t know but if you should add another romance shouldn’t be a girl or a trans or whatever not male? Just saying. Uggh Kay …

2 Likes

:confused: @poison_mara But @jeantown already said it a long time ago that she would add Bretta as a second female RO before adding any new male ROs.

4 Likes

Still we have Hippie male Mordred Male Barbie Male. Morgana female and Maybe just maybe Bretta. Still gaining male by far. Bretta really is not coup of my tea. I would prefer romance The future Barbie wife or Vivian de stemother of Barbie. Poor Barbie lol. But Breta remembers me so much a Hippie with breasts. I want a girly girl

1 Like

My Guen is a girly-girl. lol.

Yeah, But you can’t romance yourself lol. I was talking about romantic female options.

Not with that attitude you can’t.

11 Likes

The only time you get to initiate romance w/ Morgana is in the tent after talking with Lancelot, right? If you don’t hint at liking girls or her at that time, you will miss out on the rest of the romance in book 1 and 2.5?

@WulfyK Duly noted. :slight_smile: It would definitely be fun; just a lot of work to do in any way that made sense.

@skulls Yeah, the big question with Kay is, can I work him (and maybe some other knights) into part 1, and if so, where? I like the simplicity of the story in part 1. Sure, I could add some random conversations here and there (at the wedding banquet, after the council scene, on the way to Badon Hill), but they wouldn’t be doing much to advance the plot points of part 1, so they could easily get boring for some readers. I think the most likely thing, if I were ever to incorporate a Kay romance, would be that I’d add the “stay in Camelot” option I’ve mentioned a few times. (Arthur would just order Kay to stay behind.) The whole reason I gave Hrothulf the hunter’s charm was so that he could find Guen even if she stayed in Camelot; I just ended up wanting to move forward with the story instead of spending six months writing that branch. But it could very well happen someday. Opportunities for Guen to interact with not only Kay, but Merlin and Gawain and Gareth, too!

I expect the Michaelsmount branch will come close to 100K words, so there’s still a lot to write. I also have to finish the Camelot battle, which will probably take a month on its own. And then I have three complicated scenes of reunion/demoument to write. So it’s still going to be a long time. As I keep saying, though, once I finish part 2, I don’t expect part 3 to take nearly as long, since it’s much more linear.

@poison_mara Any romances beyond the currently-planned ones are very hypothetical at this point. I would definitely add another f/f romance (or two) before I’d consider adding another m/f one. Kay hasn’t even appeared in the story yet, so who knows if anyone will want to romance him anyway? As you say, his personality is quite sandpapery.

@Audien You do have to initiate the Morgana romance in her tent, but since the most recent edit, Guen doesn’t have to express interest out loud. She can just think about how she’s interested but not ready, or too shy or whatever, to say anything, and Morgana’s amazing intuition will pick up on it. Guen and Morgana can then exchange romantic letters between part 1 and part 2, as long as Guen hasn’t said she’s attracted to Lancelot or that she intends to be faithful to Arthur. In the future I hope to make it possible to initiate romances later in the series, but for right now, the Morgana romance does have to start in the tent.

5 Likes

You can’t romance yourself? Not even with Merlin’s, Morgana’a and the Lady’s help? @jeantown needs to change this asap.

@jeantown - we spoke about Gawain before; I can’t remember if he is a RI or not… but if we give him little green figurines, think he’d fall for us? :wink:

1 Like

Adding an option to stay in Camelot in part 1 would be a good way to introduce some characters including Sir Kay. I hope you will make it one day… before the next decade is over. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think romancing Kay might be interesting because he’s unattractive, since all other ROs are good-looking.

2 Likes

Uuuuguuuuuu

This is what happens when you vanish from CoG for 2 months because university.

DX So. Many. Posts!

reads reads reads

Okaaayyy…

Question 1 that has probably definitely already been asked: So, if Meligaunt can take the fae pet, and the pet links up to Arthur at Michaelsmount, if the pet runs away, does the pet team up with Morgana?

I wish Guen had the option to give more detailed orders to the pet.

Everyone be like: OHMEGERHD SAVE MORGANA/ARTHUR/LANCELOT/PEEPS, I be like OHMEGERHD WHERE’S MAH CAT?!

Ahahaha.

Anyways, I need to play this again, apparently there have been updates in my absence. I am so, so sorry for missing all this fun!

Anyhow, opinions on characters wise…

It changes for me. As I am, right now, a bi-sexual female, who tends to be more sexually attracted to men, and more romantically attracted to woman, I just feel a bit ‘meh’ about all three, until I role-play it. (I never feel meh about the cat. HRH Sir Fluffykins (the Third) IS FABULOUS)

Then, depending on my character’s personality, I differ on who I’d romance.

My Guen’s tend to be mildly bad-ass though. I just can’t put a simpering character into this role, I believe a person would make the most of what they could out of it…and the most of it just isn’t throwing money and festivities around in my book, I guess.

But, thank you, thank you @jeantown, you are more fabulous than…than…

Than Alistair dancing the Remigold in Leliana’s shoes, Morrigan’s dress, on top of the dead arch demon, with his rose in his mouth.

…uyup…

Gonna shut up and go play now…

1 Like