Guenevere (WIP)

gasps
She must be my favourite out of the three! Arthur expects us to be the perfect and makes decisions for us without our consent while Lancelot just acts like he’s desperately trying to impress guen and running after her like a lost puppy (even with the last curse.) Morgana so far is at least a little genuine and since my guen is in a particular similar marriage to hers, there’s something they can have ‘girl talk’ about :grin:

3 Likes

Morgana’s also the only one of the three who doesn’t have romantic feelings for Guen, at least initially. Arthur and Lancelot have their flaws, yes, but they show that they care about Guen more than Morgana does. I like feeling like I’m cared about.

(I will also admit, as a male who is generally not attracted to females, it’s difficult for me to play a character in a lesbian relationship. I don’t see the appeal, so I have very little interest in exploring those options. I do still have a Guen who will be romancing her, it’s just the one I’m least interested in. Maybe if I pretended Morgana was a male…)

1 Like

Yeah, maybe That’s the reason. Funny thing is I am straight girl myself I was never felt attracted to a women but Mara (all of you know who I am talking about lol, the poisoner bard. My gaming alter ego) She is bisexual and I think is more attracted to women. So even I don’t feel attraction for other women I felt my character does like she was another person inside me. That’s what make role playing and actual acting so magical.

3 Likes

That is what makes Morgana so appealing to me. She cares for guen and shows it in subtle ways but she never makes a massive fuss about it like Lancelot or Arthur, she more than likely talks to guen about trivial matters rather than gawk over her. It’s almost like when you romance her, you’re lovers and friends at the same time

7 Likes

Absolutely agree, I love all three of them but Morgana is definitely my favourite. I like she’s a bit more subtle and cautious than Arthur and Lance, but she still shows she cares about you.

3 Likes

I’m not at all interested in a romance with Morgana, but I’d love to see the friendship path even more developed. I liked the fact that she could become somewhat of a confidant for Guen.I remember feeling bad about the game telling me that I wasn’t especially nice to her, because I’ve chosen to spend way more time with Lancelot and Arthur. It’s not that I don’t want to, or that I don’t like her, but my MCs usually are more interested in spending time with either Arthur or Lancelot, or both :wink:

Will we be able to kill Grimald in Frankmarch? If so how? Will we be able to do it publicly in front of the Dutchess Tilda, the queen, and her council to show them what will happen to them if they attempt to attack Britain again?

Lancelot will know if/when the spell is broken, but Guen will be able to continue to manipulate him if she so desires.

Then things will be complicated. :slightly_smiling:

I do want to try to make that possible. You’re right that it will be a ton of work – unlike most games with romances, there’s a lot more going on here than a basic affection meter and simply choosing a single romance path. But it’s supposed to be a relationship-focused game, so I’m going to try my best.

Actually, it can’t be broken until part 3! But Guen and Lance will learn what the spell is at the end of 2.

At the moment it is possible for Grimald to end up dead (I might change that), but Guen herself won’t have the opportunity to make it happen. She’s in a precarious situation if she goes to Frankmarch; they’re much more powerful, and people aren’t going to trust her. Even if Guen manages to sway the queen’s council against Grimald, he’ll still have many supporters. He’ll be taken away to stand trial for his actions. If Guen were to kill him herself, she’d be considered a murderer and she’d destroy any good will she might have gained from the Franks (and any support that Radagund might have gained through Guen’s intervention). Far from being threatened, the Franks would take great offense at such an action and probably redouble their efforts to invade Britain in retaliation.

6 Likes

Ah, that’s what I was thinking of. Oops. ^_^;

2 Likes

That is most likely why I like your game so much - the depth of character interaction. It would be delightful to see it come to fruition, and understandable if it will not.

My whole reason for asking is of course role-playing, as it may take time to Guen to develop feelings for anyone. That does not only include those Guen who are adverse to this whole marriage, but even those all for this political union. :blush:

1 Like

It’s unlikely (I hope!) that I’ll get this with ace!guen (who is my guen that is romancing lance), but I kind of want it to happen anyway…it’s more interesting when things don’t go as planned. I’m assuming he won’t be in love with you if his trust isn’t at a certain point, or are there dealbreakers you can come across?

So basically if you’re lucky Grimald will stand trial in the public eye, but only to witness (or hear) the possibility of him be granted a light punishment due to his position. But Guenevere, will be forever branded a murderer if she happens to dispose of a problem that has horribly affected both kingdoms. Interesting. If that’s the case you might as well work with the man just so you can have some of that power in your corner.

I do love the story potential of Guen and Lance wanting desperately to be free of the “curse,” finally breaking it, and then, perhaps years later, realizing they really are in love (or lust, or something). Really hoping I can make that an option.

Yes, there will be a trust threshold. Right now Guen demanding to be called “your majesty” is the only deal-breaker, but others might crop up. I’m still trying to figure out how to handle Lance’s feelings toward a Guen who makes no secret of hating Arthur.

Oh, Grimald could easily end up being executed after due process; it’s just that the Franks wouldn’t take kindly to a foreigner waltzing in and killing one of their nobles with no trial. As far as they’re concerned, Grimald is theirs to execute (or not).

A legitimate option, especially since Guen may find herself in a position to have some power over Grimald.

8 Likes

Oh my god! This game is fantastic!!! You can tell how much I loved it by the five exclamation marks (normally a sure sign of a diseased mind) all the characters are so well written. I love that they all have a place in the story even if they aren’t romanced. In most of these games I only really care about the character I’m romancing out of Theodore romance options, but here I really care about Arthur and Lancelot as well, despite romancing Morgana.

I also like how much freedom we have to play guen. She can be stoic, funny, honest, a liar, i feel like I can really make her a character that’s uniquely mine.

I’m gushing a bit but I just can’t get over the characters in this game. They’re all so…real! They feel like real people, reacting in a real way to the situations. If this was an actual Video game I would spend good money on it, and I intend to buy it as soon as I can. You truly have a gift.

11 Likes

Hey! thanks for answering~ Have another question ,I was wondering about the Lance’s spell , the first time I hear about it I instantly thought about Cornelia Saxonica I mean she didn’t try anything which make me really suspicious ,I don’t know if it spoiler but but she has something to do with it?
The other thing is ,well my Guen went back to Camelot with Lance ,so I let Arthur with his destiny (sorry Camelot comes first)…I hope not but there any possibility that Arthur dies or get really injury? And if in the middle of the battle can appear Saxonicas soldiers? That would be madness.

1 Like

The popular theory is that Mordred is behind the ‘lust spell’, but the only evidence of that is in dreams (Lance dreams of a silver-eyed Guen, and Guen can meet Mordred in her dreams, who also has silver eyes). There’s no real way of knowing yet, and it’s probably a bit too ‘spoilery’ to confirm.

As for Arthur, he can’t die yet, but a severe injury is likely if he has no help. And I doubt it will be possible for him to get back to Camelot in time to help against the invasion…

2 Likes

@Ladygray Oh, thank you! I needed that. :smile: I’m so happy to hear how much you like the game and the characters and the options for Guen. Honestly I was feeling a little down yesterday, but thanks to your post, I wrote like crazy today and made a ton of progress. I very much hope you’ll enjoy the rest of it, whenever I manage to get it done, and I look forward to the day when you’ll be able to buy it. Thanks again! :smiley:

A very good question, but unfortunately too much of a spoiler for now – sorry! Everything will be revealed in time.

Bad things can indeed happen to Arthur at Michaelsmount. He can’t die because he’s plot-essential, but that doesn’t mean there might not be other consequences. But wait and see – maybe those consequences will make the story more interesting rather than less!

6 Likes

Yes, , poison queen Loves makes things interesting to Hippie, I hope he lost a eye Then my character would make for him an eye patch, a hippie pirate. Captain rainbow piloting a the drunken cheesy

3 Likes

Usually with games I always try to get the best solution, but the game has such interesting differences in interactions that the ‘worst’ stuff is something I want to try for, to see how it affects relationships.

(Also I played Hero Fall today and while I’m happy to get my two heroes a happy ending with their respective trash gf/bf, playing other choice of games makes me realize how above and beyond Guenevere goes with NPC personalities. Lance/Morgana/Arthur have soooo much depth compared to characters in any other cog game I’ve played that it almost gives whiplash.)

Edit: Also wow, didn’t know cog had another king arthur game up. It seems more Civ-like than story-oriented, though, dunno if I’ll play it.

8 Likes

I like this a lot. My Reluctant Queen!Guen is a warrior,however she knows that not all problems can be solved by swording it in a vulnerable area (Though she does enjoy a good fight from time to time,she’d be lying if it wasn’t for adrenaline),so she has a knack for tatics as well. She was definitely a daddy’s girl,Her mother died at six so while she still does love her mom,she can’t be as close to her as she is with dad. He taught her the importance of being a strategist and the value that comes from that. He raised her,so perhaps that’s why she came put being a bit of a tomboy. When Guen came into age,she realize that she’d always felt off about men in general. She realized that while she felt no attraction to men whatsoever,she WAS into women. Of course,she had a previous engaged partner and while he was nice enough,when it came to sex she was unable to feel much. When news of the alliance came she was outraged because 1)She is free spirited person, and did not care for it. While being Queen,does have its power,it also comes with that many more restrictions and restrictions were what she laughed at. And 2) The most important reason is because of preferance. She was a woman lover,like it or no. Perhaps she would’ve been okay with it if it had been a woman (no matter how little of a possibility that was),but it was a man,she was supposedly to give her life and soul to and even worse he was stranger on top of that. Not to mention,her father know damn well of her sexual likings and she made no secret to hide. He knee and he did it anyway! She still loved him but she also felt betrayed by him. Can you blame her for being pissed off to end? Underneath all the rage,she knew that if this alliance didn’t go through,everything she cared about in Cornwall was going to be overrun. She cared for her home and didn’t want it die,so she’ll play the part of queen,for the sake of her beloved home. She wants to be friends with Authur despite how incompatible they are,because he’s not a bad guy,despite the extreme naivety he show that makes her want to stick a sword in his spine at times. She is subconsciously resentful of him for taking away her freedom,even though she knows logically that he probably didn’t have as much of choice as she. Lancelot appeals to her fun and playful side,which she has been forced to stifle. If she coulld,she’d go on adventures with him as a friend. She’s irritated at the spell that’s affecting them right now. But Morgana was the one that made things so much brighter. She made her have hope for her future again. They have so many things in common that she was attracted to her right away. She is her true love,despite the forced marriage.

6 Likes