Guenevere (WIP)

I think the question asked here was actually if it’s possible to have multiple children in one game (whether from the same or different fathers), and I believe the answer is ‘no’. From what I understand, Guen can only have one child during the game - it can be Arthur’s, it can be Lance’s, but you’re limited to one kid.

Oh… sorry, @Lazarus, if I misunderstood. As @OtherGrimm says, Guen can have only one child.

1 - While I’m not saying there is some mind reading magic we aren’t yet aware of, it’s not exactly a foregone conclusion that there isn’t. You have to remember we don’t know the full extents of Dark and Light magic or magic in general. I mean, if one can create doppelgangers, sense the presence of others, tamper with time and more, is it such a far fetched theory that someone, somewhere can read minds?

And you know this how? Your assuming they can’t do this because it doesn’t work that way in this world, the real world. Last I checked, people can’t magically make people lust after someone they’ve never met either, but Lance is sure doing it. If we go by things “realistically”, a Giant and a Human just aren’t compatible. Their bodies don’t go together.

Sadly, parents whom love their children dearly often take actions that cause distress to their child because they feel like their actions will benefit the child in the long run. If amab Guen is considered a woman, then it’s likely she’s going into forced marriage period; so if you are going to put your daughter into a marriage against her will, wouldn’t you want it to be with a man renowned for his kindness and understanding.

2 - As i said, I had nothing then. That “maybe they thought a daughter would be better” bit was me spit balling. I wasn’t giving an actual reason, more like throwing out random thoughts.

@OtherGrimm
…Thanks :sob:

@jeantown

I figured “doppelganging a deadin” wasn’t the best idea, guess I was right. I get that his personality and memories and such would be vastly different but what if you somehow got a living version from someone who’d died, would they then have the memories of the incident of the original’s death?

I just recently did the doppel Morgana and all I could think of was “NUDE MORGANA!” and it when the all I got was underwear and I was like “Aww!” I figured, that wasn’t really my question but thanks for the clarification.

If you get AU versions regardless and you can get a dead copy from a live person, wouldn’t it be possible to get an AU copy where the person lived from a dead person?

So just the important people then? Okay that makes sense. I’m little surprised it isn’t just Arthur’s ability.

Well, bully for them. Who doesn’t want to do this?

It’s my pleasure. You deserve nothing but the kindest of words and more with how you and karma bicker. I gave it a chance with my Brother not too long after it came out. S’all I can say.

…I…figured… :-1: “I wanted ta hah’d de babiethies!” I-I-I…Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh! :sob: :sob: Ho-how could you let the bae do me like this?..I just want…

Damn

Just…Damn

#InfiniteSorrow :no_good:

@Lazarus
I didn’t state that I don’t belive that mind reading on newborn babies doesn’t exist in Guenverse, but I don’t remember any occasion where it was nentioned. If it really does it would be helpful, but until now we can only speculate if it really does. You have to ask @jeantown to get a definite answer.

@jeantown
Can the powers of the three bloodlines be combined?
For example, If Guen has a daughter with Arthur who produces a child with Gawain or Gareth, would that child have double power because s/he has both Lothian and Pendragon blood?

@WulfyK

1 - True that friend. “True Dat!”

2 - OMG! That is an excellent question. I’m kinda salty I didn’t think of it myself. Well played friendo!

That’s what we were disscusing here, the ways that would make it have sense. For example if amab trans Guen’s father would still want to marry her to Arthur, counting on tying up their families, knowing that Arthur is a good person and he wouldn’t be offended (too much) by it. In that scenario Guen cannot have children, but her father could account for that the possibility of having a secret surrogate mother for Arthur’s child and pretending Guen is pregnant, which maybe wont really connect those two families by blood, but still would be significant alliance for the time being (and better shorter alliance than no alliance at all). And that Arthur wouldn’t make it public, because he wants the alliance with Guen’s family too. It would also require how else Guen’s father would make sure that a move like that wouldn’t worsen the relations with Arthur. Maybe they both know it before marriage and still want it to happen, just for strengthening military alliance and tying together common people. There can be a point for amab trans woman Guen and male Arthur :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing with fantasy games is that we can make it have sense and credibility if we want to. That’s what i meant when saying it’s a fantasy game. The idea of just two men causing chaos in whole castle and kidnapping the Queen from her onw bedroom in bright day also isn’t very credible in realistic setting, but here Jean came up with ideas that made it work and made it credible. Sorry, but you can put some modern views if you know how to make it work with sense :stuck_out_tongue:

Ofcourse like i said it’s purely academical disscussion here, we all already said, and Jean confirmed, that it would take too much work to properly include it right now. So we are just brainstorming and making up ideas hypothetically.

2 Likes

Two men causing havoc and captured rival queen it’s not far away from historical cases. And part of literature since Troy some Hector and Paris and a girl called Helena…

And about a trans Guen for you maybe have sense. But not in a royal family like this
-So people is focused in have a heir to start talking about the fact no baby yet.
-Morgana and Lance explains a baby is needed even Arthur.

Then somehow people would agree with a man like Queen , a man THAT CANNOT BEAR A HEIR FROM THE PRECIOUS PENDRAGON LINE

So sorry I still without getting how a men Guen could work at game it is. Though I really think a fan fiction about it could be so interesting, i paid for something like that. Like a male Guen and a Arthur in love trick Morgana to have an heir with Arthur… and somehow a love gay triangle with lancelot.

Oh, i’m not saying that camelot people would agree with trans Guen being Arthur’s wife.
Like i said in my example, people wouldn’t know that Guen was born male. She would look and behave as other women, so the only people who would know she cant have children herself, would be the closest ones. All of them said that heir is needed, but there may think there can be heir from different secret mother. The Pendragon line would be preserved, and for common folk there would be known that it’s Arthur’s and Guenever’s child, which will bring the people together. For their knowledge Guenevere is born woman and she have a child with Arthur. And marriage even with closest people knowing there will be no heir could still be held for alliance and political reasons. The whole situation would add more court intrigue, mystery and secrets, i thought that you would rather like that setting :slight_smile:
I’m not saying mine is best idea, or that it covers all possibilites, but it is just a simple example how it could be made work and be totally credible in world like Guenever’s.

In game there already is an option that Guen will not have children. So the people closest to her will in the end agree that she won’t bear the heir for Pendragon line.

And Iliad is in many cases a fantasy book too :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jeantown

Yay indeed. Anyway I don’t suppose it could be possible to, say, throw an infected corpse during emergencies so that the enemies won’t swim in it? Perhaps it’s best to not let the enemy get close, eh?

Oh, so “Leadership” also affects Guen’s charisma. This will certainly come in handy during the Camelot Battle. I hope there’ll be an option for the most ruthless and inspiring speech before the fighting starts.

I’m just going to step in and say that in fact there IS already a form of at-birth baby-mind-reading magic already planned for part 4, though it had not occurred to me to make it possible to discern the baby’s sex magically. So if I were going to include trans!Guen, which I’m still probably not going to do, maybe baby-reading magic actually would be the way to go, since there is (will be) a sort of precedent in the story as already planned.

They wouldn’t, because in their reality, they didn’t die. Maybe something similar happened to them and they survived, but there’s no guarantee that their memories of the event would be the same as those of the dead person.

Yes, as long as the person’s possible natural lifespan isn’t over.

I never wanted Arthur to be some kind of “chosen one” king. There’s a (somewhat) pragmatic history behind why the three royal bloodlines have the magic powers they do. The powers are human-given, not divine. So there can be some debate about whether or not, after all this time, the special powers really ought to be required for someone to rule. Perhaps some people could be convinced that it’s time for a change.

A great question. I haven’t 100% decided yet, but because the royal-bloodline powers work in a checks-and-balances system (to be explained), I think it’s most likely that one person could not have the power of two bloodlines, since that would defeat the system. So which set of abilities would a child of two bloodlines inherit? Maybe it’s random, or maybe always determined by the mother, or maybe by the father… I have to think through all of the implications some more. Thanks for asking; I should really figure that out.

Theoretically, yes, but when you get to that part, you’ll see that there’s a reason why it can’t be done in this particular instance.

There are some speech options in a couple of places, but in the current “build,” Guen starts the battle on a tower and therefore is too far away from most of the troops for them to hear a speech. She should have plenty of opportunities to use her leadership skill, thought. Much glory awaits.

Let me know if I missed or misunderstood any questions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know what would be cool if Guen went crazy form everything that happened to her

3 Likes

Well I mean, not much happened to her yet though…

3 Likes

I know this response is kind of late, but I just had an image of a Captain Planet moment.
“Lot, Pendragon, Pellinore, Morgana, and Merlin… By your powers combined…”

5 Likes

Hey, @jeantown, I had a thought for something that could be added to the game (ideally in Part 1, but it might work in later books).

You may have already thought of this (and it’s possible it’s been mentioned before and I forgot), but it could be interesting to allow Guen to interact with her father a bit. There could be a variety of different types of relationships - the dutiful and polite daughter who follows her father’s wishes, a ‘daddy’s little girl’ who thinks he’s the sun and stars, or even a Guen who wants to punch him in the face for forcing her to marry Arthur. Obviously, her relationship with him wouldn’t be as important to the game as the main 3, but it could lead some interesting scenes and consequences.

Just an idea. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@jeantown
A. Will Guenevere have a say in Lancelot marrying Elaine from Shalott in part 4?
B. If so, will she be called a hypocrite if she didn’t want to marry Arthur herself and openly expressed it?

@Mirabella

By your powers combined…I AM CAPTAIN ALBION. Captain Albion, he’s our hero, gonna take revolution down to zero.

Your post gave me a good laugh. Thank you very much.

Meine Frau @jeantown, tis time for another bout of questions from this one. The first of which is (semi) personal.

How are you? I hope you are doing quite well.

Now, onto the more ‘Guen’ pertinent questions. El question numero uno: (Not sure if this has been asked yet buuut) do you intend to put Brocéliande in this game at any point?

Or any other places legendary in Arthurian legend? While I figure the answer is yes for the this, I prefer to never assume.

Second, Do you hate me? (JK) Why can’t I become the “baby mama” of the ages. Extolled for my virtuous womb the land wide. “Ahem…” sorry about that. Lost myself for a second there. What I really mean to say is, why don’t you want me to have both of their childrens? I know it would be hard work but I’d be a good mother, I promise. I (probably) wouldn’t die in childbirth; I make no promises for the plague or being killed for love…but…children…from both men. “Why you crush my dreams?”

Lastly, are you partaking in Nanowrimo? I know it’s a looot of work to tac onto the whole Guen thing but who knows burden and stress just might be your fancy.#Innerfloozyunleashed :kiss:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, seems like it’s always bad news with me… my health took another turn for the worse, so I haven’t been online much. Trying, as always, to stay positive, but it’s getting more difficult.

Agreed. The most logical place to put that seems to me to be the farewell when Guen’s father goes back to Cornwall and everyone else is preparing to ride out against the Romano-Saxons. Any earlier, and it might hold up the momentum. By the time the reader gets to that point in the story, they’ve been able to establish Guen’s personality pretty well, so making a decision about her relationship with her father should be easy. I’ve added it to my (long) list of stuff to think about adding.

Nope, it will happen whether Guen wants it to or not. She will, of course, be able to express her opinion. Will someone call her out if she didn’t want to marry Arthur but approves of Lancelot marrying Elaine? Maybe… that’s pretty far down the road, so I’m not sure.

I’m having a hard time breathing, and feeling very depressed about my prospects of ever having a normal life again. I’m no longer allowed to have alcohol, coffee, or chocolate, so I’m not sure what I’m even living for at this point. Sorry to be depressing, but you asked. :smile:

Yes; most of part 3 is going to take place in an enchanted forest in the Guenverse equivalent of Scotland. I’m about 90% sure I’ll end up calling it Broceliande even though that’s traditionally on the continent.

Avalon in part 4. Camlann in part 6/7.

I love all my readers, especially the ones who ask questions. :smile:

Honestly, because I’ll never be able to finish the game if I have to account for the possibility of zero, one, AND two children. Guen’s child will obviously be of great importance when the question of the successor to the throne comes up. Two children? Yes, it would be fun, but I have to try to stop scope-creep somewhere. I haven’t even come close to finishing part 2 yet!

At this point, I’m just hoping I’ll still be alive at the end of November. These days I’m only barely able to make it to work and get the most basic cooking and cleaning done. I’m in survival mode.

Good Goddess. In the past eight months I’ve had enough burden and stress for three lifetimes. I’d like anything else, please. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Jeantown

I apologize if my idea is stupid (it is probably stupid), but since the Guenverse is a fantasy setting and all, if Guenverse had sex with both Arthur and Lancelot, could the baby contain a little bit of both their genes? I know it’s stupid, but… just a thought.

@NJG Not stupid at all, but I decided a long time ago that the Guenverse just wasn’t going to allow for any magic baby-making. That’s my choice, because I wanted to deal with the tensions of a world where babies can only be made in one way. But there’s nothing wrong with fiction that helps us imagine otherwise; we need that, too.

1 Like

Meine Frau @jeantown, I…understand your pain; at least to some extent.

I’ve been sick for like the last two and a half weeks; I just started recovering a couple of days ago. My immune system is traaaaaaaaash! And I mean garbage!!! My nose routinely trains for the Olympics every morning. Once I’ve finally gotten it to become a couch potato, I have to be careful not to breathe too deep or too long or “SWOOSH! Watch out Usain Bolt!”

I decided to take a shower this morning and possibly re-ignited my sickness. I went through this period where I worked out for the last three months (something I do once every year.) then this month I started doing yoga…every day. Turned out to be way more intense than I presumed it would be and my body has been on an non-stop train of aches and pain

Then on-top of my horrid immune system and (possibly) overworked body and the financial problems I won’t get into, I have been unable to bring myself to write any of my own work. Not just because of the sickness and the doubled yoga (I doubled my efforts at Yoga 'cause of a few sick days) but due to a lack of inspiration and a worry/fear that whatever I write will be inadequate by my standards; moments of crippling laziness also play a part.

Sooo, yeah. Not throwin’ myself a pity party or anything but you didn’t depress me. (I did) Hearing about your situation alleviates my pain. I wish I could do something in turn to lift yours, bring you some form of happiness or resolution but I think that’s something only you or your partner can do. The best I can do is provide a listening ear and suggest things to watch, read or play.

Ah. Cool. I’m not about to front like I’m some huge history buff, " 'cause I’m not." The only reason I really brought Broceliande up is because I heard the name recently in OUAT and was like “…Oh Yeah!..there is a bunch of stuff associated with Arthurian work that I just don’t care about anymore because of Guenevere.”

Kay, that makes sense.

Don’t you lie to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! No one as dastardly and villainous as you can love meeeeeee! :triumph: :joy:

Work? Your letting hard work stop you from creating the greatest event since the big bang. From making people happier than a Wile E. Coyote that catches his Road Runner or an Elmer Fudd that successfully hunted in ‘wabit seasin’; or a crook that gets away with the crime despite the effort of those “Meddlin’ kids!” Come on! Blood, sweat and tears are good for the soul! They build character.

I mean think about it, the Pyramids wouldn’t have been built without a few whipped backs. Look how many great things working until you keel over and drop has accomplished. Take a lap. Really think about it; so much good stuffs right? Now don’t you want to join the annals of history and make one of the greatest works of our time?

Side effects of horror inducing levels of hard work may include: keeling and fountaining blood from the mouth at random intervals, sudden worship of cardboard boxes, immediate loss of life’s luster; rickets, fits, cancer, sudden squeals of “Jar Jar Binks issa king!” and much, much more. “Ahem…Aho…Lost myself for a minute there again” Jokes aside, I will now move on.

Survival mode is the blows. The most it has ever done for me? Is…let me survive I guess but…survival is overrated in my opinion.

[quote=“jeantown, post:5271, topic:1996”]
Good Goddess. In the past eight months I’ve had enough burden and stress for three lifetimes. I’d like anything else, please. :smile:
[/quote] I’m am not going to argue you with you there. I was just checking, soooome people like taking on heaping loads of stress and pain and struggle and then saying " Hey, this is pretty light, let’s go back for more." And these people, are never happy with their lot in life; I know sever personally (I’m one of them.)#FeelTheBurn! :facepunch: