Guenevere (WIP)

Nothing I just suggesting a normal story not the typical Disney’s like the film that was terrible portraying the Arthurian legend. A sweet story is normal but some sort of reality could be add deep. Because if all is so perfect why in hell he wants so badly built another world with Camelot? He had to witnessed some sort of injustice against a weak commoner that changed his perspective and that is something i really would love reading.

“Some sort of reality” does not preclude a happy childhood for Arthur, though.

exactly but happy doesnt mean totally and utterly perfect in all like Mary poppings :wink:

The problem is, if @jeantown writes the prequels as dark and gloomy as you want them to be, most people wouldn’t want to read them. In a game, that’s one thing - your playthrough has no effect on mine. But in a story, your ‘unique point of view’ would alienate most readers.

@Jeantown will write the story she wants to write. If it involves puppies and rainbows, that’s her call to make, not anyone else’s.

Arthur’s prequel story is set about a year before he marries Guen, when he’s sixteen. The story covers his attempt to retake Lincoln from Vikings and gives the background for the barons’ revolt. Like everything I write, it will never be gritty or pessimistic enough for Mara, and it does have some Disneyish traits, but I hope it isn’t all just butterflies and bunnies with no adversity. (:

1 Like

I never say my story had to be canon at all. I only suggesting a not too much Disney’s story and let something up to our imagination. Maybe is my bad speech but I think i left clear that i don’t want angrily pout for a certain stuff. Just put in there some darkness because all the rest of post people are just :carousel_horse: and :rainbow: :wink:
Also @jeantown I trust in your writing skills and if something looks too sugared for me I will roll my sarcastic eyes and making some jokes and laughing about it here . The good thing ponies and rainbows stories have is could be sarcastic about them :smiling_imp:

@Poison_mara I’m sure a story involving warfare and retaking a city from invading enemies will have to include some gritty dark stuff.

I hope so like in good old Dosney movies not like hippie ones. Because many old child stories come from medieval and there were really hardcore for our moder view. Freud and Yung had study some from an internal psychology view. Incest, hanging, cannibals killing people with fire … My favourite is medieval Cinderella including finger amputations and dungeons

1 Like

I really have nothing to contribute about this aside from the fact I don’t know if I personally would enjoy Mara’s super gritty and dark story O.o

I’m okay with some grittyness and darkness… (and i’ll probably buy or read all the stories anyway)… but…

Yeah I personally have a limit before it’s so bad I can’t enjoy it…

But I also don’t like super duper sugarcoatyness.

That… kinda makes me sick… I don’t like either extreme personally XD

1 Like

Do you mean the process of laying a siege, destroying the walls, charging in, and looting, raping and killing?

1 Like

that’s just normal and medieval honest looting soldiers. Easy to understand from fact no real stable and official stable army. If you going to paid your weaponry and risk your life and your family (if you lost a member or die) the army has to offer something back like looting and ransom money. Pirates and medieval army were really similars

2 Likes

@Jeantown

Is there a reason why we can’t ransom Hrothulf if we capture him?

I’m sure the Vikings already did all of this when they captured the city in first place, and Arthur would never tolerate his army abusing British civilians.
Iwould like to see how Arthur will deal with everything. I’m sure some people will want revenge for what the Vikings did to them or their friends and families.

And of course since it involves Vikings I expect to see at least one blood eagle

Arthur would’ve pardoned them all. It’s the normal Arthur response.

I wonder if his leniency towards enemies has triggered the baron’s revolt.

You wonder??? I have being saying that from the start lol :laughing:

1 Like

I wonder if him pardoning the captured vikings was the immediate trigger.

Too much of everything is bad. The barons probably thought he was a weak king.

1 Like

Frankly, he only proved them right by PARDONING THEM ALL.

Arthur really needs to start punishing people…

2 Likes

It seems to me that Arthur acts like laws don’t exist. The man is… unusual.

1 Like