Guenevere (WIP)

jeantown is planning for seven books in total, and the second half of the book is coming out…well, probably within a year. I mean I think its 1/3 done right now?(is it?)

@NJG Well, she could have some cloth bandages and herbs and leeches. Nothing like a good leech to cure what ails you. Or maybe to make you very grateful for light magic.

@Zombieofgoths I’m really not supposed to answer that question (forum rules), but the answer isn’t very specific anyway – basically it’s taking forever and I have no idea, but I am actively working on it as much as I can. You can always follow my progress on my writing blog. There will be lots more after book 2; it’s just going to take forever to write. :smile:

@DistractedDaydreamer That’s about right.

1 Like

Could I get a hint as to what kind of magical abilities Arthur will have? Like will he have dark magic abilities or light magic abilities? A combination of both? Or an Arthur pendragon only type of magic and what will he think about his magic?

I believe you will finish and release Guenevere before GRRM does the same with A Dream of Spring.

2 Likes

I remember it being said that Arthur has a special Pendragon kind of magic, which is why royal lineage is such a big deal and why they made a 13-year-old boy king simply because he’s the old king’s son. (Of course, this thread is so long that my memory is no longer reliable.) I think that Pendragon magic may be related to the old legends about how royalty can heal people through touch, but I’m not sure.

As you can see, it’s called the “royal touch” and it was used by monarchs to claim a legitimate right to rule. But that might not actually be what Jean’s using for the Pendragon magic, that might just be me mixing up things I read :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve never heard of the royal touch😂 but that is interesting. I can imagine Arthur being thrilled at the idea of having a"royal" touch, even though he doesn’t believe in social class systems.

2 Likes

My plan is that Arthur can get one of two very different ability sets, depending on what state he’s in by part 4. (Yes, “what state he’s in” is deliberately vague.) Both would be closer to light magic than dark magic, but they’re innate abilities, so technically neither. Guen will also get some unique, low-key magical abilities which will be the same no matter what – the difference for her will be in how she chooses to use them.

Yep, that would be soooo Arthur.

@WulfyK Thanks… I do take some comfort in how long GRRM and other writers take to finish stuff.

@Jeantown

Could we get an increase in the sword ability instead?

@NJG The ablities Guen gets as Pendragon queen are plot-essential and can’t be changed (only what she does with them is a choice). But she’ll get plenty of opportunities to increase her stats. :slight_smile:

Sooo, this thread is super long now so I don’t know if this has been talked about yet.

1. Will we find out why guen & arthur aren’t able to have a baby but he and morgana instantly conceive?
  2. Is it Guen or Arthur who has a problem? Or Both?
  3. How is Mordred even able to “appear” to guen when he isn’t even conceived yet? Like wtf, that’s creeeeeepy lol.
  4. Will he remember his chats with guen? Will guen recognize him from her dreams?
  5. Is the person who enchants morgana & arthur into conceiving mordred already introduced to us or are they a new villian?
  6. Why is everyone so harsh on the babiesss (Lance & Arthur) :heart_eyes: :yum:
  7. Andddd, finally the main three characters are all going to be married correct? And will have children?They’re also ALL romancable right? Yikess, those family gatherings are gonna be MIGHTY awkward for my babe Guen. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sweat_smile: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:
1 Like
  1. Probably.
  2. I’m guessing Guen. We’ll see.
  3. Time magic. He can magically influence people through time. That’s my theory, anyway.
  4. Unknown if he’ll know about them. Guen probably won’t be able to recognize him, though, since he’s born years later.
  5. It’s probably Mordred himself. Timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff.
  6. Because a lot of people don’t like babies.
  7. All of the main characters will be married, just not to each other. Morgana already has two children. Lancelot may not have any (unless with Guen). Arthur won’t have any other than Mordred (unless with Guen).
1 Like

Well, if its Guen then why would she be able to have a child with Lance so easily?
Hmm, time magic? That’s a good theory but if that’s the case then why would he be so moody about his parentage . . . it would be his doing lol. Buuut, babies are adorable. I know they won’t be married to each other but Lance is going to marry Elaine I think her name is . . and they’re gonna have a son named Galahad sooo it’s gonna be weird if Guen gets involved w/ them when everyone’s going to be married with kids.

God I love this book. I think I hadn’t gotten this sucked into something for… ages. Seriously you’re doing an amazing job with everything. I’m so glad I found it, I could go on reading it all night. Thank you very much for your awesome work!

Who said anything about Guen and Lance having a child easily? They can have a child, yes, but it might be just as difficult as Guen and Arthur having one.

And Mordred’s not necessarily moody about his parentage - he just doesn’t like Arthur. His alternative is that he ceases to exist, which he’s not going to allow.

And I hate babies, personally, so not everyone shares your opinion on that.

Hmm, that’s true. I don’t remember if it was mentioned. . welp I get it “babies” aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. Who is your favorite character so far then?

Oh, Arthur’s my favorite, by far. I just don’t consider him a ‘baby’. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not really a fan of either Lance or Morgana. They just don’t appeal to me. Merlin is hilarious. But I like Arthur’s idealism (even if he is stupid about it at times).

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don’t think of Arthur as a ‘baby’ either. A bit naive and ridiculous sometimes but i love that about him. :heart_eyes: I like Lance too even though he is kind of the archetypal ‘knight-in-shining armor’ there is definitely more to him than that he’s intriguing to me. :kissing_heart: :kissing_closed_eyes:

@SaucyMinx As usual, @OtherGrimm’s answers are almost all either spot-on or very close. Here’s what I can say:

Magic, and also magic.

We may never know for sure, but probably both, since both Guen and Arthur will need magical assistance to conceive, whether it’s with each other or someone else.

Magically magical magic! Due to his origins (which will be made clear in part 3), Mordred can, to a limited extent, see and communicate through time.

Yes and probably.

It’s not Corneila, nor is it really any one villain… it’s caused be a few different factors working together, so there may be some question about who’s ultimately responsible.

They have their fans and their haters. I’m very, very encouraged by the huge range of reactions to these characters – makes me feel like I’m doing something right. :smile:

Yes, they’ll all be married (Morgana, Arthur, and Guen already are, obviously, and Lancelot will be), Morgana already has children and will have one more with Arthur. Lancelot WILL have Galahad with Elaine (no getting around that). Guen and Arthur may or may not have a child, depending on Guen’s choices. So Guen is the only one of the main characters who could end up biologically childless.

Oh my goodness, imagine it if Guen has Lancelot’s child and is also having an affair with Morgana, but ultimately ends up marrying Mordred… That would make for some very, very strange Yule feasts, especially once Morgana’s other sons and Galahad get older. Those kids may never completely be able to work out how they’re all related to each other.

@kinokotottekoi Thank you!! :slight_smile: I’m so glad you’re enjoying it, and I hope you’ll like the future installments (whenever I manage to finish them).

1 Like

@jeantown

1. Will there ever be an option for Guenevere to lose her temper at any of the three main characters?
  2. In part 3 when we meet the person from Lancelot’s past will we get the option to find some dirt/weakness and use it to make his life miserable?
  3. If/when Guenevere does have a baby will Arthur still want to have sex?
  4. What are the chances of Lancelot’s son turning out to be just like his father?
1 Like

Soo the answer is magical magically magic? Okaay. :smirk_cat:
Oh my god! Yes, I’ll have to add that to my list of conundrums for my Guen :stuck_out_tongue:
The poor children will be so confused “Oh him? He’s my cousin . . half-brother. . step-father . . uncle . .twice removed. . Buuut, have you tried the ham yet? It’s simply divine.” :pensive: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes