Guenevere (WIP)

Late to the Camelot perfume party, but thought you might want to check this out for ideas: http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

Let the headcanons begin! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Strictly speaking, Iā€™d say anyone with a big enough army behind them has a pretty decent claim to whatever throne theyā€™re after.

3 Likes

I hope it doesnt mean the eupheminism i think it means. :smiley:

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry Caesar remember Hippie was virgin in his honeymoon so probably Goodess try to bang him and he was hopeless with the hints about put the blade in her stone. And about the goddess I need a bad god or something like Sithis, because Poison queen is second skill a light magic and it is not believable she will praying to the goodie goddess that Arthur addored.

My head cannon a secret follower of old Greeck semigodess Eris because that goddess fits like a glove to Poison queen.

2 Likes

@jeantown (looks at title of last book)ā€¦ah. Okay, I feel stupid now. :blush:

@poison_mara Oh Mara, you always make me laugh. :grinning: Even though I actually like Arthur (he reminds me of a slightly younger version of me), it is undeniably fun to plot his downfall. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

@Fallaner close ā€“ the Battle of Camlann will be happening, but the title is Le Morte Dā€™Arthur. And yes, while Lancelot will never take Mordredā€™s side, events may play out such that heā€™s not on Arthurā€™s side in the battle, either.

Speaking of the Fate series, I watched the first couple episodes and there wasnā€™t anything Arthurian ā€“ when does the Arthurian stuff start?

@SwanMaiden omg, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is still around!!! They were huge back when I was in schoolā€¦ (which was, ahem not recently) Thank you for the happy nostalgia trip! And youā€™re right, their website is all kinds of great inspiration for writing about smells! Thank you! :smiley:

@Kinruush And/or anyone with a powerful enough queen behind them!

@CaesarCzech hahahahaha no. It does not mean that. :stuck_out_tongue:

@poison_mara Light magic is just a skill, so practicing light magic doesnā€™t have to be religious. Itā€™s kind of like practicing medicine; lots of religious groups will sponsor hospitals, but that doesnā€™t mean you have to pray in order to practice medicine. I love the idea of Guen being a secret worshipper of an ancient or foreign godā€¦ Iā€™m fighting too much scope creep to be able to add that at the moment, but it might be fun to experiment with when I revise everything later. You have so many good ideas. :smile:

Ahh, I donā€™t know where I get the idea than light magic power came from personal will power and conection with the goodess. Probably I messing things with the clerical power in D&D where light magic is directly portrayed as religious magic where you pray to a certain god with X alignament. One of the funniest things ever I did to mess with the dungeon master was changing the alignment of my clerk during a session so he had to develop a comprehensive lore rule dissertation with me during an hour and finally he had to submit to me and allow me change of god, of course that caused a lost power effect aka "Oh no another fking fallen paladin"** but better I stop here I could being talking about d&d for hours and how fallen paladin issues become Mara a evil follower. Someday I have to write a blog with them ā€¦

Ah, depends on which Fate stuff youā€™re watching, but in the end its very much unsaid (at least in the anime pieces iā€™ve seen). In Fate/Zero, Saber Arthuria Pendragon, AKA girl arthur is less interested in talking about her general history and more concerned about questioning Emiya Kiritsuguā€™s questionable ethics policy! In the same anime, Berserker, or Crazy Lancelot, does not speak at all. Well he says one word over and over again ā€œArthurā€. Because heā€™s kinda sorta obsessed with Saber for one simple reason: Due to Arthurā€™s ideals he was never punished for his affair with Guen, which kind of made him lose it when he WANTED to be punished since he KNEW it was wrong. In the game Fate/Extra thereā€™s Gawain, whoā€™s very much open about his identity since his Master doesnā€™t think anyone can beat Gawain. Ever. Evidently heā€™s wrong because either roman Emperor Nero (Or Roman Empress Nero. Nero is a girl Saber in Fate/Extra), a caster foxgirl goddess thing, or Archer EMIYA beats Gawain. In one of the mangaā€™s theres Mordred, who im not quite sure about, as Iā€™ve never read the mangas.

For the most part, you wonā€™t see much of anything arthurian in nature in the anime themselves, except bits and pieces. Primarily everything that has to do with anything arthur-like is in backstory for the characters from Arthurian Literature, which to my knowledge is Arthur, Lancelot , Gawain and Mordred (Whoā€™s basically like a clone [Homunculus they say] of Arthur. She looks identical to girl Arthur from the Fate Series.)

Youā€™ll note i kept spoiler-tagging someoneā€™s name. Thats because his identity is a spoiler if you havenā€™t watched Fate/Zero to its end, though I highly suggest you do. Alexander the Great is awesome and shows why Saberā€™s ideals are kinda terrible, Shirouā€™s adoptive dad is better than Shirou himself in my opinion (Go Kiritsugu!) Gilgamesh is forever a bastard who refuses to hide his identity, as per usual. And this guy

Is a caster.

Also theres spoilerific Berseker who can even use the gate of babylonā€™s weaponry against Gilgamesh. Berserker is awesome and not drawn (until like the end of his existence XD) and is instead entirely computer generated.

@jeantown Just read your tumblr post. (glances at word count in earlier posts)ā€¦youā€™re already almost up to 50K?! :open_mouth: Wow, this looks like a productive month! :joy: :joy:

(reads it again) I just hope itā€™ll be released when Iā€™m on break from college, because it looks like Iā€™ll be taking a month (or three) off from my life to play it! :smile:

2 Likes

Also, Iā€™d say that the Fate/Stay Night anime that came out first really isnā€™t that great, and the UBW movie is awful. Fate/Zero and the recent anime are both are really good, though.

First, I would like to say, I absolutely LOVE what Iā€™ve read. The writing is perfect, and it actually makes me feel like Iā€™m Guen. It was so good, I continued playing through a severe headache. ;;

I liked every part of it, so I canā€™t really give any adviceā€¦ But I still want to say how much I love it. I really hope youā€™ll continue to work on this; itā€™s absolutely brilliant.

Fate / Zero (and Fate / Stay Night), in my opinion, are not related to the Arthurian legends at all. The only related character is Saber (aka King Arthur), and the appearance of Lancelot. Otherwise, the series doesnā€™t really focus on anything relating to their age, other than Saberā€™s wish. Iā€™m actually a big fan of the anime(s). I just wanted to answer the question I saw up there. :wink:

Im pretty sure I did already answer that question, but Jeantown-senpai no doubt likes more answers XD

But yeah, anything with Arthurian Lit is in backstory, very little of it is actually seen. Thereā€™s Lancelot/Berserker whoā€™s very existence and motivation does give a little more on history, but for the most part thereā€™s a lot of other sources from the very big Fate Series in regards to their history and its very much pieced together. You wonā€™t see much of it in the animes themselves, but what IS seen is certainly very interesting. Im speaking to you Lancelot! You are fucking interesting to me in Fate/Zero!

EX: One of the novels or mangas has Mordred as one of the servants, Mordred does have some explanation for her relationship with Arthur (from idolization toā€¦ well not idolizing but wanting to be accepted, to The Battle of Camlann where she died. All cause Arthur basically refused to accept her. At least in Mordredā€™s eyes. Very abridged lol, and it had a lot of Mordred wanting to prove herself better than Arthur too.) Well actually, itā€™s all very complicated. Like, very very complicated and im probably greatly misunderstanding a lot of things. If you wanna read Fate seriesā€™ Mordred at all, heres her wiki page!

@poison_mara Oh, the story definitely makes that association, since light magic is heavily practiced at goddess-worshipping Avalon. Itā€™s as if Guen were surrounded by St. Maryā€™s Hospital and St Francis Hospital and Sisters of Mercy Hospitalā€¦ thereā€™s a cultural connection between light magic and the Goddess, but itā€™s not required in order to practice LM.

My favorite D&D character change moment was when my bossy, bitchy, high-level elf wizard rolled a 1 on a will save in the presence of a god. She immediately became an utterly devoted follower of said god, and even took a holy wizard prestige class. (The DM didnā€™t force that on me; it was my own interpretation of what it would mean to roll a 1 on a will save vs. a god.) Nobody planned for that to happen, but that 1 changed the whole story, and ever since then, I always try to look at rolling a 1 as an opportunity for something unexpected and interesting to happen.

@Fallaner @Kinruush Ok, I will keep all of that in mind! :slight_smile: Hope Iā€™ll get a chance to watch soon.

@buggygirl11 Yeah, I seem to be making up for last monthā€™s dry spell, although writing a ton of words doesnā€™t seem to be getting me any closer to finishing! Iā€™d hoped to do the entire Camelot branch in under 50k, and now it looks like itā€™s going to be a lot more, and take at least another month and a half to finish. Oh well; Iā€™ll get there when I get there. And there should be a lot of little variations to make each playthrough different, even on the same branch. I certainly hope it will be worth spending a break on!

@Kait Thank you! I hope your headache is better. (Iā€™m having awful allergies and sinus issues right now, so I can sympathize.) I certainly do plan to keep working on the game, however long it takes! And thanks for the warning re: Fate; clearly I just need to watch it so I can see for myself ā€“ but Iā€™ll try not to get my hopes up too high for really complex Arthurian retellings (in the anime, anyway; @Fallaner has convinced me that thereā€™s more in the overall Fate mythos, but I probably wonā€™t be able to get too far into that if I want to finish writing my game). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s also possible that if you got in-depth with the Fate versions and their character relations it may affect your game, which is a giant ā€œno noā€ Jeantown-senpai. There certainly is a lot of stuff though, there is for most servants it seems. And most characters in general. Its nowhere near as complex as it was if it focused on it however. So thereā€™s still that. The fate series has lots of legends and mythologies, after all.

They just use Arthurian Literature characters a lot (by ā€œa lotā€ I mean 4 times and thereā€™s typically 1 in EVERYTHING Fate related. Mordred, Arthur, another Arthur, Lancelot , and Gawain). Too bad the universes they are used arenā€™t all the same, but their general histories and such are designed to line up properly. Well, Lancelot and Arthur are used in the same universe and same conflict.

Yeah I kinda like their versions of Arthurian Literature XD Even if its not the longest or most detailed or most extravagant or the focus of basically anything. Itā€™s what got me interested in arthurian stuff. Period. Despite my interest iā€™ve only read Fate Arthurian stuff and your Arthurian stuff XD

Whatever you choose to add or not to, I donā€™t mind I love this WIP to piecesšŸ˜Œ

1 Like

THIS WIP WONT BE INTO PIECES YOU DAMN VANDAL STOP BREAKING WIPS IN PROGRESS.

Caps lock is intended.

Was the lack of grammar also intended?

ich bin medieval Peasent.

@jeantown About bringing Lancelotā€¦I know that him coming along to Frankmarch will be a game-changer (since he knows the language), but in Camelot heā€™s just one more knight (albeit a very good one) to deploy.

So what about in Michaelsmount? Will bringing Lance there make a major difference or a minor one?

Thanks! :smile:

@Fallaner I started watching Fate/Zero, and am really enjoying it. :smile: Kiritsugu is quickly becoming one of my favorite hero/villains.

Kiritsugu is awesome. I donā€™t see him as a villain, but heā€™s far from being a traditional hero. I prefer him over the very limited stuff iā€™ve heard of Shirou (granted, I have neither played nor watched Fate/Stay Night yet.), and his clash of ideals with Saber is rather nice.

1 Like