Guenevere (WIP)

Sadly that’s not part of the plan, but it would be a fantastic twist. :smile:

:thumbsup: OK, I wouldn’t have given those hints if I hadn’t been hoping you’d guess correctly. :smiley: I actually never played the Persona games, so I have no idea what I’ll be invoking for some people, but Vivien’s wife’s name is Vathac, and her mother is Scathac. But (again) Vathac’s story is nothing like the one traditionally assigned to Scáthach’s daughter.

That’s very true. I guess I’m using “success” as shorthand for “the more difficult-to-achieve outcome.” I suppose that means I may get some resentment from people if I ever assign achievements – because a “triple success” achievement, though difficult to obtain, may not actually be the desired outcome for some Guens. I guess I’ll have to be really careful about wording.

Is that a Spanish idiom? I love it. :smile:

Woohoo! NOT that I will read it and steal your ideas, of course. :smile: Just that I’m excited for it to exist.

Definitely okay with me. I hope you will start a trend of things I can’t read. :smiley:

For the moment, the army still views Guen as subordinate to Arthur, and Arthur’s word is still law regardless of what Guen might say/think. But if Guen starts to take over more immediate management of the army, perhaps that could change…

I don’t have a specific plan for that at the moment, but I’m certainly not ruling it out. It could be one of a lot of alliance-affecting things that could happen in part 6.

Actually, at the moment I’m not planning to make that an option. My intention is to have Meligaunt serve Guen from the shadows, with no one else knowing. But I’ll have to see how things are, going forward. I’m not opposed to the idea of Guen shocking and confusing everyone else by keeping her new bodyguard on hand at all times. (It’s just a question of how much extra work it might be to include that.)

Yes, probably. Vivien and Vathac know Lancelot very well, and it’s not difficult for them to guess what he’s up to most of the time. The real question is, how will they react to a suspicion that Lancelot and Guenevere are involved? And the answer is… well, I don’t have that totally figured out yet, but I doubt that either of them would tell anyone else. (PS They also know Morgana really well, too.)

I can certainly try. Thanks for giving me a specific suggestion for places to do that – it shouldn’t be difficult to add a few more “don’t touch me”’ moments. Are there any other specific places where you think a more ruthless dialogue option would be good to have?

@Feather :smile: Aw, thank you so much! I’m very happy to hear that you’re enjoying it.

Unfortunately, poor Lance is in for more angst in the future, and tbh the “ladies man” behavior wasn’t really his best self anyway. In part 3, whether or not he’s romantically involved with Guen, he’ll have to deal with someone who previously broke his heart showing up again, and in part 4 he’ll be marrying Elaine… so we probably won’t be seeing that side of him again (or at least not much of it). But he will go through a lot of changes, and some of them will likely help him get over his feelings for Guen, if that’s a desired outcome. So… yay character development? I hope?

Yes please please please! :smile:

Sounds like a plan to me! And the whole thing sounds really interesting. Are you doing the art yourself?

In fact, I have, and I recently made a huge conglomerate file of character notes which includes MB types, which I will share with the understanding that these aren’t set in stone; they’re just what I jotted down in a coffee shop one day. Anyone is welcome to interpret the characters differently! As @OtherGrimm says, the MBTI is kind of a moving target anyway, and works better for some people than others.

Arthur: ENFJ, actually (though @guen’s interpretation makes sense, too). I’d say Arthur is almost exactly on the introvert/extrovert borderline, but leans just a smidgen extrovert. He’s also close to the borderline of judging vs. perceiving, but I decided that his ideals make him lean more toward judging – he thinks the world should be a certain way, and he imposes that way on others. Yes, he’s sweet-natured and generous, but he also has a strong sense of rules, and he plans ahead for things. The 16personalities page says this about ENFJ (“The Protagonist”, which Arthur certainly thinks he is):

“The interest ENFJs have in others is genuine, almost to a fault – when they believe in someone, they can become too involved in the other person’s problems, place too much trust in them. Luckily, this trust tends to be a self-fulfilling prophesy, as ENFJs’ altruism and authenticity inspire those they care about to become better themselves. But if they aren’t careful, they can overextend their optimism, sometimes pushing others further than they’re ready or willing to go.”

and

“People with the ENFJ personality type are passionate altruists, sometimes even to a fault, and they are unlikely to be afraid to take the slings and arrows while standing up for the people and ideas they believe in. It is no wonder that many famous ENFJs are US Presidents – this personality type wants to lead the way to a brighter future, whether it’s by leading a nation to prosperity, or leading their little league softball team to a hard-fought victory.”

…both of which seem appropriate for Arthur.

Lancelot: Yeah, definitely ENFP. Almost any description you read of ENFP mostly works for my interpretation of Lancelot.

Morgana: I put her down as ISFJ, but I think she’s on the borderline of feeling vs. thinking. Here’s some text from the ISTJ page that seems to suit her:

“ISTJs need to remember to take care of themselves – their stubborn dedication to stability and efficiency can compromise those goals in the long term as others lean ever-harder on them, creating an emotional strain that can go unexpressed for years, only finally coming out after it’s too late to fix.”

But if you go to the ISFJ strengths and weaknesses page and read the whole thing, a lot of them seem to fit Morgana very well.

@poison_mara ESTJ sounds good to me! Those websites usually describe the personality types in flattering-sounding ways to make people feel good about whichever one they got, so you have to read between the lines a bit when applying the descriptions to a non-goody-goody fictional character. :slightly_smiling:

@TheSiren Thanks for sharing your Guens! I enjoyed reading about them. :smile:

11 Likes