Guardians Of Thunder Book 1 WIP Updated 5/12/21 Chapter 6 complete

I fixed that bug

Here is the second of the character snippets. This one allows insight to what a normal day was like for the MC and his kin at a younger age.

It started out like any other day. The wind was howling, the skying roaring, and the ground shaking. To those from the outside world, this place would seem like an eternal war zone. To me however, this place is home. I am one of the few who survived the brutality that would soon befall my people. How I wish I could go back in time and prevent what was soon to happen.

“WAKE THE HECK UP FURY!!! TRAINING STARTS IN TWO MINUTES1”

I am one of the few who actually is able to get any form of sleep so everyone knows that I have to be woken up by someone. Though it seems that someone forgot to tell that to the rookies I had been assigned two weeks ago.

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO BACK TO SLEEP YOU MONSTER”

That kid is going to be in for one nasty surprise once training starts. Especially since I know that voice and tone can only belong to the one person who has bothered to look out for me when no one else would.

“WHY ARE ALL OF YOU STILL ASLEEP? TRAINING STARTS IN TWO MINUTES. IF YOU ARE NOT THERE YOU TRAIN IN WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON.”

It was around this time that I opened my eyes and found my closest friend walking up to one of the boys that was farther back. Most people think that boys and girls should sleep in separate rooms. However, that is not the case here. Here you sleep in the room you are assigned. No matter who you share it with. It can be awkward at first but see someone with almost no clothes on enough times and it becomes almost normal. Almost.

As usual training was extremely rough.

The warm up consisted of a thirty mile sprint with just one five minute break at the fifteen mile mark. Next was swimming. The new trainees would not stop complaining about how cold the ‘water’ was. Even though it was only -100 degrees which is considerably warm for our homeland. Anyway we had to swim from one side of a ripe tide to the other. Before finally being allowed to eat breakfast.

We had three minutes to eat breakfast (normally we only have one minute) so that was an unusual surprise.

After breakfast came survival training which includes but is not limited too: learning how to properly cook the deadliest plants on the planet so they can be eaten, learning how to hunt properly, rock climbing (or in our case ice climbing), how to use all types of ‘magic’ and weapons, how to make a weapons from what you have on hand, mastering every form of martial arts and learning how to combine them into an extremely deadly new form that we call battle dance.

If all that training wasn’t enough to scare the living daylight out of someone. Then our “normal” fitness training most certainly would. Fitness training includes: Lifting several thousand tons of rock/metal or some kind of liquid over your head and doing squats with it for half an hour, then using the same material we would have to do push ups with it on our backs.

To make matters worse is if one of us messed up at any point during training, then we had to start all over again. Needless to say there were times when we had to go several weeks with almost no sleep. Whenever that happened you had to sleep whenever and wherever you could. Each day our muscles would burn, our bones would creak and groan in protest yet we kept going, We knew that if one of us stopped then everyone else would suffer as well.

Anyway time to get ready for training. I will try and write more in my next journal entry. BYE

Signed
Scarlet

4 Likes

sniff that’s beautiful…
Lol @AMER1CANN1NJA09 that’s a nice snippet

Thank you

This next snippet gives a little insight into what is going to happen later on in the book. If you think you can figure out what is going to happen then post your thoughts below.

When forests of ice melt

The North shall burn

When forest of fire freeze

The North shall bleed with anger

When the east is broken and bruised

The North shall rise with fear for blood

When the West swims in their filth

The North shall stand upon the realm of dead

Fear the ones

Born to heat and blood

For they are the ones

Who conquer all

5 Likes
2 Likes

I am playing as a female and getting gender neutral pronouns from the POV of Scarlett and Hannah.

Yes a game where u build a team of heroes and personally train them

Can you please send me some screen shots?

Okay during one of the previous updates (not sure which one) I wrote a particular line that got me curious as to what other people would view it as and from what perspective. The line was “The elders of the outside world frequently ask their young. Which is worse to be the first to commit an evil deed and have no one know about it. Or to commit an evil deed in retaliation and have everyone know about it?”

Please let me know what you think.

2 Likes

This, it might mean that everyone’s simply dead or there’s no one for you or that you have to live with what you did all alone by yourself.

1 Like

found a error in the game its on the page were the queen is on her way to the meeting with her guards talking with her then when i pressed the next button this showed up, ignore line 569: Non-existent command ‘hide_resue’ .

Thanks I will fix it in the next update

1 Like

your welcome also found some errors in the scene were you arrive at the spot in the mountain and after the conversation then you about to leave the mountain were it says which way you pointing from the winds i forgot which of the three options it was so you gonna have to play the game to find out i know one of them works but the other two option dont sorry if i cant be more specific.

No problem at least you told me about them

1 Like

well i do enjoy playing your game so of course i tell you if there was something wrong with it that me and other players couldn’t fully experience the game because of some errors preventing us from playing the game.

wow nice update no problem so far :nerd_face:

well there was afew problems but i told them about it and they said they get them sorted out in the next update

Okay I know it has been awhile however I have finally gotten the first snippet into the main characters past done.

Main character’s snippet

I remember the day everything changed. The day that I truly became a monster like no other

My name is ______ I was eight years old when I lost everything and everyone I had ever known and loved. The day started like any other. I got up at one fifty-five in the morning, got dressed, ate, and then headed out to the training field for the day’s lesson.

Lessons usually lasted until midnight then we have an hour long debrief afterwards which leaves us with fifty minutes of downtime. For some reason today was different though. Training ended at one in the afternoon for no apparent reason. Myself, along with the rest of my classmates were told to head to the nearest storm shelter. Many of my classmates listened without question. But not me. Something told me that heading to the shelters was a bad idea. No instead of heading to the nearest shelter. I started walking towards the main gate. I had only gone what felt like ten feet before I heard what sounded like a whistle and then something exploded next to me. Then darkness.

When I came too I could barely breathe. The air was filled with thick toxic smoke, coming off of buildings that were covered in flames of all colors. I knew that the multiple colors of the flames were most likely from what we stored in them and if I inhaled too much of the smoke the toxins from the burnt material would eventually kill me. I had to get out of there and fast. I run/stacker my way to the end of the street and look back only to see a horrifying sight.

The entirety of the street I had just been walking down is now nothing but rubble. Buildings that stood for millions of years now were either nothing but a pile of rubble or looked like swiss cheese. The bodies of those trapped inside the collapsed buildings stick out from the rubble every few feet at impossible angles. I can hear the screams of those trapped deep under the rubble and the groaning of the shifting rubble where others are trying to escape. Those who have already gotten out of their cramped tombs have started to dig. Many of them are critically injured, yet they insist on trying to help those who are trapped deeper than they were.

Several of my friends come stackering out of the smoke cloud coughing up a storm. All of them are either my age or younger. They stacker over to where I am standing and collapse to the ground from exhaustion. Of the thirty or so friends that made it out alive only two would live to see the morning. After resting a little bit we all stood up and started to walk towards the nearest emergency shelter, which was located several miles to our left. As we are walking to the emergency shelter, we are joined by more and more people who are critically injured.

Had I been born anywhere else. I would have sworn that the zombie apocalypse was starting from how many of us looked like we were walking corpses. Then again it is just another tuesday for my kind. Our training allows us to shrug off normally leathal injures for several hours allowing time for the injury to be treated at one of our hospitals. But to ever we are fighting at the time it would seem like we were turning into zombies when ever we are ‘killed’. Because of our ‘zombification’ most if not all extriestial threats know to leave us alone, especially after what happened to the last spiecies that decided to invade our home world.

Anyway back to my current situation.

The little group that consisted of my friends and I had grown into a massive mob of people with around three thousand people in total, by the time we managed to reach the emergency shelter. We arrive at the shelter only to find it destroyed and the corpses of those who had taken shelter inside laying outside the shelter’s door in one massive pile. I knew that I would have to grab whatever medical supplies were left inside the shelter especially with so many of my kin injured like they are. After making sure that the area around the shelter is safe, I enter the shelter itself and slowly make my way through the maze like hallways until I reach the shelter’s medical facility. Inside the medical facility is thankfully intact and was spared from the attackers wrath. While the inside of the facility is intact I notice that the door leading to it has blast craters and residue all over it. A sign to just how strong the interior of these shelters were built in order to withstand anything and everything that might get in. In the medical facility I manage to find several crates of bandages, alcohol, stitches, crutches, three x ray machines, several dozen operating tables with medical lights, antibiotics, and all manners of medicine that one could possibly dream of when it came to surviving. After inspecting the entire room I load a few dozen crates onto a service elevator that goes directly to the shelter’s entrance and start pulling on the winch cable. The elevator car slowly starts to rise to the surface and continues to rise as I keep pulling the cable for several minutes before I hear the soft “THUNK” of the locking pins at the top of the shaft sliding into place. I slowly release the cable and make my way to the surface to unload the supplies.

After reaching the surface and unloading the elevator car I start to treat the injured. When I am done treating the first one they get up and start to treat another, then that one gets up and treats another. This goes on for a little while before we run out of medical supplies. In all we were able to fully heal 298 of the injured people, and partially treat six others. Of the three thousand of us that survived the initial attack only three hundred of us would live to see the next dawn.

In total the attack lasted five hours and took nearly four million lives. My fellow survivors and I spent two days burying our dead, and the third mourning over their loss. It was not until Friday, four days after the attack that we went after our attackers. One hundred and fifty of us set out to deal with those who attacked us. While the other one hundred fifty stayed behind to continue to bury our dead.

3 Likes

ok found the lines that dousnt work in the cave its these two the first one is at the top which says Northwest by thirteen degrees in order to be facing into the wind. and second one is the last choice Due east in order to be parallel to the wind.