Guardians Of Thunder Book 1 WIP Updated 3/01/21 Chapter 4 complete

I fixed that bug

Here is the second of the character snippets. This one allows insight to what a normal day was like for the MC and his kin at a younger age.

It started out like any other day. The wind was howling, the skying roaring, and the ground shaking. To those from the outside world, this place would seem like an eternal war zone. To me however, this place is home. I am one of the few who survived the brutality that would soon befall my people. How I wish I could go back in time and prevent what was soon to happen.

“WAKE THE HECK UP FURY!!! TRAINING STARTS IN TWO MINUTES1”

I am one of the few who actually is able to get any form of sleep so everyone knows that I have to be woken up by someone. Though it seems that someone forgot to tell that to the rookies I had been assigned two weeks ago.

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO BACK TO SLEEP YOU MONSTER”

That kid is going to be in for one nasty surprise once training starts. Especially since I know that voice and tone can only belong to the one person who has bothered to look out for me when no one else would.

“WHY ARE ALL OF YOU STILL ASLEEP? TRAINING STARTS IN TWO MINUTES. IF YOU ARE NOT THERE YOU TRAIN IN WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON.”

It was around this time that I opened my eyes and found my closest friend walking up to one of the boys that was farther back. Most people think that boys and girls should sleep in separate rooms. However, that is not the case here. Here you sleep in the room you are assigned. No matter who you share it with. It can be awkward at first but see someone with almost no clothes on enough times and it becomes almost normal. Almost.

As usual training was extremely rough.

The warm up consisted of a thirty mile sprint with just one five minute break at the fifteen mile mark. Next was swimming. The new trainees would not stop complaining about how cold the ‘water’ was. Even though it was only -100 degrees which is considerably warm for our homeland. Anyway we had to swim from one side of a ripe tide to the other. Before finally being allowed to eat breakfast.

We had three minutes to eat breakfast (normally we only have one minute) so that was an unusual surprise.

After breakfast came survival training which includes but is not limited too: learning how to properly cook the deadliest plants on the planet so they can be eaten, learning how to hunt properly, rock climbing (or in our case ice climbing), how to use all types of ‘magic’ and weapons, how to make a weapons from what you have on hand, mastering every form of martial arts and learning how to combine them into an extremely deadly new form that we call battle dance.

If all that training wasn’t enough to scare the living daylight out of someone. Then our “normal” fitness training most certainly would. Fitness training includes: Lifting several thousand tons of rock/metal or some kind of liquid over your head and doing squats with it for half an hour, then using the same material we would have to do push ups with it on our backs.

To make matters worse is if one of us messed up at any point during training, then we had to start all over again. Needless to say there were times when we had to go several weeks with almost no sleep. Whenever that happened you had to sleep whenever and wherever you could. Each day our muscles would burn, our bones would creak and groan in protest yet we kept going, We knew that if one of us stopped then everyone else would suffer as well.

Anyway time to get ready for training. I will try and write more in my next journal entry. BYE

Signed
Scarlet

4 Likes

sniff that’s beautiful…
Lol @AMER1CANN1NJA09 that’s a nice snippet

Thank you

This next snippet gives a little insight into what is going to happen later on in the book. If you think you can figure out what is going to happen then post your thoughts below.

When forests of ice melt

The North shall burn

When forest of fire freeze

The North shall bleed with anger

When the east is broken and bruised

The North shall rise with fear for blood

When the West swims in their filth

The North shall stand upon the realm of dead

Fear the ones

Born to heat and blood

For they are the ones

Who conquer all

5 Likes
2 Likes

I am playing as a female and getting gender neutral pronouns from the POV of Scarlett and Hannah.

Yes a game where u build a team of heroes and personally train them

Can you please send me some screen shots?