Grand Aera Online (WiP) (Updated 3/2/2018)

It means romance option

2 Likes

New questions
Will classes have class spefic armor and weapons,and also since this is a mmo world type will there be a lengdray weapon or weapons.
Next thing Moral choices are there going to added as work progressive and do they effect the overall storyline. An example would be if you killed another player and because of that you can’t join a normal guild but can now join a player killing guild. Also do plan on adding more customization to the digital character like scars or tattoos.
Final note plan this stuff out and take your time to implant this to the game and try not to overworked yourself.

Cool story so far. Why did the makers rename the different races?

It would be interesting if you could combine with your summoned creature whilst playing as a summoner

1 Like

I would suggest that you give the bow to the ninja cause that just feels right I imagine them using that weapon along with daggers and swords and the likes

1 Like

How so? That’s a rather cumbersome weapon for a class based on stealth and speed. If a class already present should get the bow, it’d probably be the gladiator.

3 Likes

Well Ninja in the real world would use any weapon and you can be stealth an use a bow hunters have done it for centuries

1 Like

Bow is not that cumbersome as you might think compared to, say, a sword.

But then, blowpipe is also a thing…

2 Likes

In a natural environment. In an urban environment, a bow is far to easy to notice. And historically, this was the environment they were operating in.

Sure. Which is why they didn’t really use those either, at least not long ones.

1 Like

You make a good point but they also LOVED explosives and guns killed a noble with explosives so them using a bow doesn’t seem so out of this world they use lots of thing that were common for people to own like a bow for hunting (Can’t let the creator of “The Wight King” see me being productive)

@Umbreonpanda
Ah, shoulda known that. I have several ROs planned, and depending on the route there will be different people who are ROs. The one that is going to show up the most is Ash.

@Collin_Hall1
There are going to be legendary weapons you can get from some scripted fights. They will have special abilities compared to the randomized items you get from random encounters. There will be class specific armor and weapons as well.

There are no more options planned during character creation, but if you consistently get heavily wounded in battles expect scars. I can see about adding a tattoo parlor to the city too, that’s a neat idea.

And thanks, I’ll be sure to take it easy when I need to.

@Markel1970A
I thought it would be a funny poke at MMO devs that rename them similarly.

@kingzug @Talyrion
I added them as a weapon, and am thinking they’ll be able to be used by several classes. Some skills will be disabled based on weapon, so a Shinobi may have some trouble if using a cumbersome weapon.

3 Likes

Neat (Rewatching Log Horizon because this reminded me it existed)

Edit: Oh I would like to know if you can act like a leader to the people stuck in the game to put forth a brave face (Depending if you actually like it or not) and make everyone feel comfort in the form of someone who is willing to lead them in a horrible situation

3 Likes

Can we get a list of the ROs? It’s always fun to know them beforehand

4 Likes

Ninjas in real life actually used all sort of weapons, including bows and even gunpowder weapons which are a lot heavier and louder.
But yeah I’d like an archer class (it’s my favorite class in MMOs) , you can either add it as a class by itself as a ranger with long range and high critical damage (with agility as main stat) or let ninjas/bards use it as a weapon (in FFXIV bards use bows, and you need some sort of a weapon to protect you aside from the songs)

2 Likes

GIvE BOW TO SUMMONER. There are some RPGs where u can find a “Hunter” class, this class would be able to tame a monster, so it could be summoned later in battle. Point is, bow would be useful for summoner cause they would be able to attack from afar, while his familiar/beast goes close-combat. :fox_face:

1 Like

i thought about it too but it depends on what kind of summons you have. If it’s an animal like a wolf then it fits but if it’s an elemental or a dragon or something like that it fits more as a mage and it will be too strong to have both a bow and a summon. Also currently there are 2 intelligence/charisma classes but only 1 strength and agility. You can add a Ranger as the agility one and Lancer/Dark Knight/Monk as a strength one.

I keep getting an error message when I try to go to the stats screen, and when I try to look at the .txt file directly I just see white space. Is it just me or are other people having this problem?

1 Like

well, it’s in the description :man_cook:

1 Like

I assumed that meant it was just hidden, as in, going there shows you a message to check later in the game or something, since the sentence in the description is referring to the MC as if it was just an in-game limitation, not that the stats are totally absent and trying to click on it gave an error.

@kingzug
That might be a facet to a route or two, you will definitely have choices that have that attitude about it. You’ll meet a few others who are really happy about being transferred into the game, and a few who are not.

@Baam
Not yet, I’m still figuring out who will be present in which routes.

@Frogs @Hearts
I have it so that several classes can use bows, Summoners included. I’ll have a poll up sometime to see if people are interested in an archer class. I want one personally also, so you can maybe expect it.

As for the stats I may change them around. I probably will so they are more evenly distributed.

@FabricSeat
Sorry about that, a couple people have mentioned it now so I uploaded a blank file to make the button stop giving errors.

3 Likes