Grand Aera Online (WiP) (Updated 3/2/2018)

@Mrxanite @Kanaya
Great show, first season was fantastic. I don’t recall the exact way Log Horizon did it, but in this the memory loss will be a bit quicker and more drastic. I haven’t read the Log Horizon novels though so I’m not entirely sure.

@Megus
You can absolutely get through without dying. The ‘true end’ (for lack of a better word) will require the PC to stay under a certain number of deaths.

@Disciple
I’m glad you enjoyed that bit! For the plant fight what class/race were you playing through with? I’m curious what changes you noticed.

As for the shinobi/kunoichi that’s only a general description of how a fight might go if they were fighting solo. With the right party and choices you’ll be able to fight a horde of enemies as a shinobi.

@Frogs
Thanks for finding that bug! Fixed for the next update. As for your question you’ll see in the next update also.

1 Like

I think in Log Horizon you lose only small bits of you memory like the character Krusty explains he can remember he has a cat but not its name or what it looks like

I was a shinobi, and I always thought that a shadow teleport was a bit much for a newb with no familiarity with his characters abilies to pull off in his first serious fight. The presence concealment is a much more realistic ability for our character to use this early.

1 Like

I actually love this game because it reminds me of Sword Art Online and I have the description of my character:
Real Gender: Male. GAO Gender: Male. Class Summoner. GAO build: Refined and Heroic. GAO Race: Funestan. Real Name: Shigeru Yamagawa. GAO Name: Navarre. GAO Skin Color: Deep Blue.
Character Background: Quiet and Shy Kid. GAO Eye Color: Red. GAO Hair Color and Style: Sliver short stylish haircut.

1 Like

Ok, I’m really lost now… you guys are talking about dying and respawning, and losing memories. Where did this topic come from?

Spoiler

There is a part where a party member named brandon dies and responds

When is that? The game ends for me shortly after I meet him…

1 Like
Spoiler

It’s when your climbing up the rocks he dies, what part is it ending at?

1 Like

Right after he asks if I want to group up with him (after I save him). Whether I say yes or no, it ends for me there…

That’s is very strange…

Are you using the updated link?
https://dashingdon.com/go/1126

1 Like

…well now I feel stupid :sweat_smile:

Well don’t everyone makes mistakes from time to time :smiley:

3 Likes

8 Likes

@Disciple
I thought the same thing. Stealth seems like a good basic thing to learn.

@Hylaire_Dessalines1
I’m really happy you enjoy it.

@Mrxanite
Thanks for clearing that up!

Quick update for everyone. I took a week and a half off writing, but still wanted to work on the game. So everything has been proofread and fixed. Almost every paragraph has been changed in some way, hopefully for the better. I may have created some new errors but they should be far fewer. There are a few new lines of dialogue at the very end also, but nothing significant. Overall, I want to keep at least this quality of writing going forward, and I hope it only improves. Thanks again for everyone’s support.

As always if you find any errors please send them my way, and, more importantly, enjoy!

7 Likes

Got this error regardless of the gender I picked for my character.

@AAO
Fixed, missed a file in the upload.

How do you beat the plant monster as an arbiter?

@Frogs

You can’t. I hint at it with the paragraph before the fight, so the best option is to run. They are really dependent on weapons so they aren’t really able to win yet.

There was no hint though.
By the way isn’t the part with choosing your hair kinda weird.
I mean if you pick Talisan I imagined your head to have fur like the rest of your body. Not sure how would hair fit there