Grand Aera Online (WiP) (Updated 3/2/2018)

Could we get more details about what Ash looks like for example their hair color, hair style, eye color, skin color and stuff like that because we are only told what they are wearing and that’s about it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo-summoner-archetypes/
I think Synthesist and Broodmaster-esque classes would make pretty good summoner ascenscions

I just realized it make a lot of sense that that plant monster had goat hide armor in it because in some places farmers loss sheep and goat to bramble all the time and usually the only reason the know about it is cause they find the bones and fur

3 Likes

Hey did u mean sort instead of soft when u were talking about being crafty

Loved it locked just waiting for the finished product.
It’s great how it makes us feel like we are in a mmo world w
With a list of options and that too in with small package size.
Also the ability to recruit others is a novel idea.
Love this a lot.

And please once you finish these please gimme a chance to beta test it … Thank you

P.S. There are no romance option, would appreciate if u add it.

1 Like

I just thought of something that would be fun being able to find and inhabit a run down city that was abandoned for some reason (like it was a dungeon or something so we don’t become conquers although that would be a fun root but a hard one) fix it up and turn it into the player hub (probably not by yourself that would be crazy)

Edit- Oh and a weapon suggestion for the gladiator a hook on a chain (call it a Coward Hook or something) and you can wear it as a belt but you can use it to hook, draw closer and force enemies who would otherwise stay at range into melee or catch fliers and force them down

2 Likes

First time playing and it went well, I really like the concept you’re going with. But some things that I did note were that: when helping Ash with their character they didn’t have the option for the beast-race, don’t know if that’s intentional but I’d like it if they could get all the races too, and when on the road I got trapped in a loop with the plane creature, if I escaped it would cycle back to being on the road until I confronted the monster.

1 Like

@Alexperi
I’ll think about it. I purposefully left Ash’s description vague so the player could picture them how they wanted. Ash’s character in game will get more description.

@kingzug
It can drop a lot of random items since it’s randomized. It’s also a trope of MMOs which is why loot isn’t specific for it either.

@Cerberus
Yes I did, thank you for finding that. It’ll be fixed in the next update.

@Dragoabhi
Thanks, I appreciate what you said. The game isn’t even close to being finished yet, but don’t worry there will be romance options in most of the routes.

@SaltHare
Those bugs are fixed in the current playtest. The current playtest will move to the demo slot soon since it seems less buggy than I expected.

Next release will hopefully be sometime this week. Currently really busy with work and a certain hunting game that came out recently.

5 Likes

I noticed something. I was playing as a gladiator and when I selected the option to not save Brandon, it said that I conjured up my Sprite which I assume is a typo and it means spirit and saved him anyways.

@Locke Since the game takes place in a MMORPG setting, is there gonna be a main antagonist. Or is it just going to be multiple quests?
I am asking this because if there is a main antagonist, U can add a bit about what’s going on from the antagonist’s point of view to spice things up. Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

@PhilosoTor
Whoops, missed your question before. The first few people you meet will cover the roles you need in a party. I want the player to pick the class they are most interested in. Any class selection for Ash and the PC will work. Later, especially in the guild route, you’ll be able to min max parties for things.

@Alexperi
Fixed, thanks for finding that. The Sprite is the spirit that is summoned by a summoner. The choice was dropping into it automatically because of a typo.

@Sanjay
It depends on the route. There will always be an antagonist in the different routes, but for some the antagonist might be a rival guild instead of one specific person. Thanks for the suggestion!

Update is going to be delayed to next week since I’m still deciding on things for the combat system. Sorry about this. Combat system or not, I’ll push a content update out next week.

8 Likes

Quick question I got gloves with a fire bonus would that protect the sorcerer from his fire attacks

Some gloves and other armor give bonus resistance to elemental/energy damage but never from one’s own magic. So if a monster breathed fire on you it would help but not if a sorcerer lit himself on fire. Apologies if that wasn’t your question.

Well it was sort of I mean the text in game states conjuring and holding the fire starts to hurt threw heat alone

Oh, right. That isn’t because of the gloves, but because of the Sorcerer’s passive ability. Every class is going to get a gimmick in combat which is sort of laid out in the class descriptions when making a character. Since the player gets pulled into the game some of these gimmicks, like Sorcerer’s Elemental Harmony, have extra aspects to them - in this case pain from the heat of the fire. So, fire after fire spell will end up injuring a sorcerer, casting a fire spell after an ice spell would mitigate the pain.

3 Likes

Ah I see that make sense

@Locke what about attributes, you know like giving point boosts after completing milestones!
Wouldn’t that be exiciting???

Ok, so I’m really confused about what everybody is talking about. One, no items drop after I defeat the plant monster thing! And honestly, the demo ends after I defeat it. Two, who is this “Brandon” that @Alexperi mentioned? Am I missing something?

There is a demo under “Link to Play test” which is the one with more but I think more likely to have bugs after an update

1 Like

Gasp, how did I not notice until now :scream:, thanks @kingzug :grin:

1 Like