Grand Aera Online (WiP) (Updated 3/2/2018)

No problem I hope you enjoy this amazing game

1 Like

@Dragoabhi
You’ll be able to add points to stats whenever you level up. It’s not in yet since I’m being so indecisive about combat, but once I figure out the numbers they’ll be in. Thanks for your suggestion!

@kingzug
Thanks for clearing that up!

Update is out! Not much new content again, but you get to the first village. I mostly focused on additional back-end and overarching plot things. I hope that the next update will have much more story content. No promises on combat. I hope you all enjoy, and as ever any feedback is welcome.

7 Likes

I said it in discord but I can’t get past the part where you react to the plant monster fight

@kingzug
Fixed, missed one of the files when I was uploading.

1 Like

for my curiosity I am going to put forth the question “What are all of you planning to name your guild if you were to make one in the game”

Gladiator MC- Guardians of Aera (Unless that’s a group of NPC’s) or Eights so my character can be Ace of Eights
Ninja MC- Shadow Clan

and quick question can we have NPCs in our guilds if I can for the Guardians of Aera that would be amazing cause that particular organization would try to protect the weak

“Hmmmm, I can’t decide on a character at all,” Ash says. Then Ash continues

Is something missing there? It’s to choose Ash’s character but it’s not explained that you are supposed to do so. Also Brandon’s sex changes between pages.

@kingzug
NPCs are fundamentally different than the people who got pulled into the world so while they can join the guild they won’t be as powerful. Most of the time. There are some extraordinarily powerful NPCs out there, but they likely won’t join the guild.

@Baam
Nothing is missing there, but it could do with being made more clear. In that instance you are picking what Ash’s next line is - specifically if Ash’s character in game is to be male or female.

As for Brandon thanks for pointing it out. I’ll probably add a joke that the PC thinks mentioning that it’s a difficult decision to make about what pronouns to use. I went through and fixed it though - Brandon is referred to as she before the PC learns his name now.

1 Like

So my guild can be made up of NPCs and players sweet I am going to form the Gaurdians of Aera and hopefully I can form an army to protect the weak from evil, oppression, and tyranny (I have a feeling rulers will either love me or hate me when they hear of my army and it’s goal)

Hey found something Oh, no. You’re not stuck it it. It. Is stuck to you
Did u mean Oh, no. You’re not stuck to it. It is stuck to you.

Wait, so the players in GAO can lose and forget their real life identity? Because that happened to Brandon after he respawned.

4 Likes

That or he is being a dink again

1 Like

@Cerberus
Good eye! Thanks, fixed it for the next update.

@Fay @kingzug
It’ll be made clear what happens when you die next update. You have the right idea with memory loss though.

2 Likes

It’s kinda like a show called log horizon

2 Likes

I have a feeling I know what happens when you die even though I don’t want to spoil it incase I’m right

i was thinking the same thing

This is what I assumed considering in Log Horizon they gradually lose their memories as they die / respawn, or was it just from being in that world so long? Can’t recall. Haven’t seen Log Horizon in ages.

Is it possible to avoid dying, or will the MC have to experience respawn at least once?

1 Like

Interesting. I like the alterations to the plant battle as they make it feel more typical of the low level player vs tutorial monster setup.

Wow. What a delightful plot the twist.
It’ll be interesting to see whether Leeana responds more like a gamer or a denizen of a magical world. It’ll also be interesting to see how she responds to NPCs, players with a more negative reputation race choice, and boss battles.

In the shinobi/kunoichi description it says"against a horde of enemies they stand little chance." Could this be changed with a Troubadour/Trobairitz or Priest/Priestess boosting my abilities and healing me?

1 Like

This is what I think happens when you die so it may or may not be true so this may or may not be a spoiler

Possible Spoiler

I think when you die you become apart of the world and you become an npc in a sense

3 Likes

Do NPCs revive when they die or they die permanently like in Log Horizon?
Also there’s a bug, you get no stat boosts at all if you choose the agile body type.

1 Like