Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

Read the demo today and I’m hooked! Can’t wait for the whole story

3 Likes

Thank you! So glad you took the time to read the demo and enjoyed it <3

1 Like

with the interaction with your mother you need an interaction that doesn’t just up your sincerity meter. Especially for people, like me, who are trying to be sarcastic. But I do love the Demo so far. It looks cool.

From what I’ve added to the chapters, and the additional chapters I’m writing, there are options where the relationship with Melissa doesn’t have to be all ‘fine and perfect’. And as the foundation of the story is Melissa being the parent who was around in the MC’s life, a kinder approach to her was chosen when first being introduced.

As the story and series progresses, there will definitely be options where you can choose to not have a great relationship with Melissa, Jared or both - so, you as the reader will always have that choice.
Thanks for reading the demo, I hope it was enjoyable.

3 Likes

It was enjoyable and I wasn’t really saying that it didn’t have to be kind like that thing with the handshake points could instead be added to the sarcasm. You don’t have to be an asshole or hate someone to be sarcastic. You could just be poking fun at someone or something, wanting to get a smile out of them.

1 Like

Cool suggestion! I’ll definitely add that in!

can you still be close friends with Blaze if you’re trying to go for Kaiden?

Yes! Friendship is as important as romance in this game.

That’s great. I’m having a lot of trouble deciding between Blaze and Kaiden. I like Blaze’s personality and the fact that he’s a werewolf helps too. Because wolves are pack oriented and there’s and interesting dynamic there because you’ll become a part of his pack, his mate honestly if you choose. And then with Kaiden, I love the angst. Clearly he’s going to break your heart several times and it won’t be anything serious at first. It could be especially cool if you have Kaiden be the MCs first well have an option for the MC to yell at Kaiden saying it was his first once he realised it wasn’t serious. Of course this would be at the very beginning of the romantic relationship and be an interesting hurdle to get over if you went that route.

1 Like

I like what you’ve got so far :ok_hand: I would buy this just off of reading the first three chapters. I am very curious to see what the birthmark means,… Please keep pushing this! I want to bask in this amazing piece!

2 Likes

How lovely of you to say! I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed the demo so far, and hopefully you stick around for more secrets to be revealed.

1 Like

Love the story. Can’t wait to see how it continues.

1 Like

Thank you for reading the demo, so happy you enjoyed it!

Quick Question also. Will we be able to romance best friend further? Get back into a relationship with them.

No, there aren’t any plans for Jordan to be a love interest in game.

That’s a shame. But thank you for answering my question so quickly.

Golden Progress Update - 4th May 2021

Hello, lovelies! I hope you’re all doing well. I wasn’t going to do an update, but gosh, writing went extremely well today.

What I’ve been doing:

• As much as I could as I only have one pair of eyes, I went through the prologue, chapter one and chapter two and rewrote, reworked, edited, corrected typos etc. that sort of thing.

• A few days ago, I finished Blaire/Blaze’s flirt scenes in chapter four, meaning there’s two more RO’s left to write for in that chapter - B’s confident flirt options are… :heart_eyes: if I do say so myself.

• I’ve written friendship, flirt and just regular dialogue scenes - so, depending on your choice with the RO, you’ll trigger an extra scene.

• Whilst writing, I added a few new ideas that I’m super excited about (you don’t understand, I literally screamed this morning when I wrote them out!!)

• Added a few new things in the stats screen, too.

Additional Plans

• I’m halfway there now, so finishing chapter four is a priority.

• Eventually, I’ll send out a Google Docs form for beta readers - with the amount of variation and possibilities, having others read it over will give me peace of mind.

It’s definitely taking longer than I wanted, but this demo will be out soon! I can’t tell you how excited I am for you guys to read it.

Thank you for your continued support, especially over the last week or so with everything on Tumblr, I really appreciate it! Have an amazing week :yellow_heart:

41 Likes

Oh, I will :ok_hand: Don’t you worry, dear author. I will most likely be one of the first to say “Shut up and take my money!”

5 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 22nd May 2021:

Current word count : 86,542

Chapter 4 is 85% - 90% done. In terms of dialogue with the RO’s, B, K and P’s are completely done; A’s is the only one I’ve got left to write - and I only have to write 5 more choices for them.

In chapter 4, A will have less choices than the other RO’s because, you know… they’re a lot less talkative and a bit of an ass to the MC at the moment :sweat_smile: - however, all their flirt options are still fun.

Soo, yup, I expect the new demo to be done soon; and I’ll make a Google docs form that will be filled out for people who want to be beta readers.

Thank you for your patience and continued support. Have a brilliant weekend :yellow_heart:

52 Likes

Ooh, nice! Can’t wait to play it!
Also…

What do you mean by that? You will be recruiting beta readers who will get that form, or you will make this form avaible for anyone who wished to test the game in depth?

1 Like