Golden: Book One - [Updated 8th July 2023]

Ah, I see. I look forward towards what you’ll come up with then!

1 Like

I love to ask this question evolve in the Roman history evolving the symbol that’s on our main character and the dangerous drama of a human having that symbol

1 Like

I’m hoping bits of information about the Golden mark get released in each book; that’s the plan, anyway!

11 Likes

Sorry, I’m playing through for the first time and I can’t help but notice

The list of subjects you can study is incredibly short :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The degree decisions have an important role later in the series, alongside that, there wouldn’t be any point in me giving a load of degree choices that I have minimal knowledge about.

12 Likes

just wanna say that we’re mutuals on tumblr but I literally adore your work and cannot wait for the new update!! can’t wait to see what you come up with <3

5 Likes

aw, thank you so much! the same goes right back to you <3

4 Likes

Sounds interesting gonna check it out

1 Like

Aw, I wished for it to be longer! It’s an interesting premise, and I’m always thankful for games written in first person and a visual novel like structure - well, at least it looks like it’ll have that kind of structure!

I’ve noticed a few typos or missing words here and there, but I didn’t keep track of them - I’ll do so when I replay, probably when an update comes.
Still, a couple of things bothered me a bit, so I’ll list them here (sorry if some of them have already been brought to your attention - I prefer to “report” before checking other people’s comments, so I’m not influenced, and it allows the authors to see which things more than one person finds bothersome, if any).

About Melissa:

It bothers me a bit that in the descriptions, Melissa is referred to by name and not as “mom”, “mum”, or at least “my mother” or something. While it’s okay in a story written in second person, in first person, where the MC is the one “recounting” what’s happening, it sounds a bit weird. Especially considering it seems having a good/decent relationship with her is mandatory. If the MC disliked her, then it would make sense as a distancing mechanic, but as it is it felt a bit awkward to me.
Of course, in the third person segments, when the MC isn’t there, it’s okay.

When eating with Jordan:

When Jordan offers to pay for the food, it would be nice to have a simple “smile and thank her” option. Ignoring her seems a bit rude, as is asking if she has to mention the topic of money. The “Let’s hope you can afford it” is quite sarcastic, which doesn’t fit my MC either, and well… the “I don’t mind paying”… I know first hand that some people don’t take it nicely when one insists on that, and it can be percieved as a bit patronizing or disrespectful?

When talking with Dennis:

When coming to class late and Dennis comments on it, why doesn’t any of the choices offer to say just what happened - that Melissa asked the MC to take care of the new students and that caused them to be late? For some reason Dennis choses to ignore the new people at first, but the fact remains, and it would make sense for a honest MC to simply explain it.

That aside, it would be nice to have RO descriptions in the original post? This is a game I’ve skipped at first because I couldn’t check out who the ROs are before playing. It’s pure chance that I’ve stumbled upon the page again and decided “eh, why the heck no” and tried it.

With all of that being said, it was really enjoyable. I like the ROs and I already have a strong preference for one of them, though I’m eager to know more of them all.
The story so far has me intrigued, and I’m curious as to where will it go. It’s kind of interesting to have that strange situation for the MC and the team around them having to decide how to proceed with them.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your feedback. I’ll definitely add the link to the description about the RO’s on this post, and the one on my Tumblr.

The prologue, first and second chapter has been reworked completely, so the majority of the typos/conversations with Melissa should be fixed. So, when the next update is out in a few weeks, hopefully, those problems will be fixed.

In terms of the conversation with Dennis, I could definitely add that option. His focus mostly is on the MC, so I think that’s why I didn’t add it in in the first place. Plus, Dennis’s feelings towards the MC will be shown in later chapters/throughout the series.

Thanks once again for checking it out!

11 Likes

Ah, thanks! Obviously I don’t need it anymore, buuut that’s always useful for players like me who check that out before playing! So I’m sure it’ll help other people!

Oh I see! Well then, I’ll do a typo run then, too! Good thing I didn’t really focus on that this round.

Oh yeah, it’s obvious there’s personal animosity there!
But from the MC’s perspective, it doesn’t matter :rofl: - they are late because their mother asked them to show the new students around, and so they did so, and it makes sense to just say so. At least that’s my take! Thanks for taking it into consideration!

1 Like

I hope you’re doing okay😌

1 Like

Aw, thank you so much. I’m okay, I hope you’re doing well too. I’m currently tackling university assignments whilst working on the demo, so, hopefully, there will be a Golden update in a few weeks.

11 Likes

Athalia’s pronouns should be she/her here.

Very nice demo! I love all the characters, thank you for writing this!

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing that out, it should be fixed now. Also, thanks for giving the demo a read, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

7 Likes

I can’t wait to see where this goes! Honestly the only thing I have to gripe about is there are only 3 save slots but theres 4 RO’s…maybe in another life Phoenix

1 Like

Aha, in the next update I’ll make sure to add more save slots! Can’t let P miss out on romancing your Golden one :joy:

12 Likes

Golden Progress Update - 4th April 2021. This says 4th April, but this was the last update and it’s still valid.

Helloo, darlings. Writing has been extremely productive! More than I actually imagined it would be.

What I’ve been doing:

• Chapter three is completely finished and got sent out to beta readers earlier in the year.

• The prologue, chapter one and chapter two all got reworked, so hopefully, it’ll be a much better read than the first demo!
    (honestly, I can’t believe people stuck around after the first demo was released… I’ve found so much stuff I don’t like about it)

• My focus has been on chapter four, as that’s the last one that needs completing for this next demo release. It’s a pretty long one to write because there’s so much variation.

• I’ve started the flirt options. I began with Kiana/Kaidan, just because that’s the scene I wrote out first. For them (and eventually all the RO’s when I get to writing it) there’s a lot of variation in terms of: not flirting with them at all, adding a friendship point or adding a flirtation point. Alongside adding a friendship point for another team member depending on your response.

• You’re going to see the team’s friendship dynamic in chapter four! I’m particularly excited about that because eventually in the series the MC’s going to essentially be a fifth member, so, seeing how the four of them interact with one another is fun element for yous (I hope!) and fun to write.

• I made playlists for the RO’s, that can be found on my tumblr.

Additional Plans:

• After I finish chapter four, and whilst it’s getting read by beta readers, I’ll begin writing some side stories for extra content.

Overall, the demo should be out by May! I originally wanted it out much, much earlier - but I’m a full-time university student and have four assignments due at the end of the month, alongside exams and finding internship; so I’ve been splitting my time up a lot.

That’s it for now. Thanks again for your continued support. Hope you all have an amazing week. :yellow_heart:

53 Likes

I was hoping we’d get to romance Cardon🥺

Ah, I’m sorry! Cardon isn’t a love interest, but there will be new characters to meet in the second book and I hope they’ll be enjoyable to meet… and flirt with!

7 Likes